Topic Options
#45902 - 06/23/04 01:08 PM Altering Ritual Wording
Mars Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Mid-Atlantic USA
If I were to alter some of the wording in a ritual to better suit the need, would this be pseudo satanic? I found when I changed the wording in a compassion invocation it better suited the situation and raised greater emotional energy. I want to make sure it wouldn’t be inappropriate.

Awaken the Dragon Within!

#45903 - 06/23/04 01:10 PM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: Mars]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Go with what works for you.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#45904 - 06/23/04 01:11 PM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: Mars]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Go ahead. Whatever works best for the desired effect is the best way to perform a ritual, and no adherence to strict guidelines is necessary. The rituals in The Satanic Bible are only examples.

#45905 - 06/23/04 01:11 PM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: Mars]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Who is the most important person in your universe?

So who defines what is appropriate?

Well then ... whatever floats your boat.

#45906 - 06/23/04 01:11 PM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: Mars]
sCara Offline

Whatever you find pleasing and stimulating (rhythm, decor, adornments/lack thereof) is what you should use for ritual.

{Edit and Add..)

Okay, that was 'ookie! 4 people in less than 2 minutes giving basically the same answer..

Edited by sCara (06/23/04 01:13 PM)

#45907 - 06/23/04 01:16 PM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: sCara]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Quite the bunch of good little devils, aren't we?

#45908 - 06/23/04 01:30 PM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: MagisterRose]
Mars Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Mid-Atlantic USA
At what point would changing a ritual become pseudo satanic? Would this not happen as long as the basic guidelines were followed as the SB dictates?

Awaken the Dragon Within!

#45909 - 06/23/04 02:07 PM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: Mars]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

As long as you are within the parameters of the Satanic philosophy you are going to be fine. You need not slavishly follow the set formats given in TSB.

I would suggest reading The Satanic Rituals. You might get a better idea of how you might create your own rituals.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#45910 - 06/24/04 01:01 AM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: Mars]
calgarysatanic Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Calgary Alberta Canada
Good evening,

Anton LaVey clearly stated that if you do not pronounce names correctly, but you are full of emotion, you will do much better than fumbling around.

The names and words found in the Satanic Bible come from different parts of the world and were said with different accents, therefore you can never be sure if your pronounciation is correct, as some languages differ due to what region people are in.

Just go hard and mean what you say, and don't waste any thought into fumbling for accents or pronounciation.

HS!!!

-Percy Spencer

#45911 - 06/25/04 11:04 AM Re: Altering Ritual Wording [Re: Mars]
Nebulous_Chaos Offline

Greetings Mars,

There is nothing set in stone regarding an effective working. If there were, it would be that sufficient adrenal and emotional energies, fused with vivid visualizations are needed for maximum magical power, but that's it.

It is important to remember that all religious forms, images, invocations, ceremonial trappings, etc., were created by human beings, and can of course be altered to suit your personal tastes. The Satanic Bible gave a basic model, but was in no way the final authority of what an effective working should consist of. That authority and power rests in you.

NC

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405811 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements