Topic Options
#460160 - 09/11/11 02:29 PM Quick question about the Enochian Keys
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

I was wondering how many Enochian Keys are supposed to be read during a ritual. In The Satanic Bible Magus LaVey Says for the 12th step 'Appropriate Enochian Key is now read...' implying that only one is to be read. But on the Church of Satan website under Magus LaVeys 'Enochian pronunciation guide' in the theory and practices page He lists some Enochian keys to be read for various rituals/ceremony's, and all but two of them list several keys.

So are you only supposed to read one per ritual or as many as you feel apply?

Thanks in advance. Hail Satan!
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#460165 - 09/11/11 03:26 PM Re: Quick question about the Enochian Keys [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Each key could be applied to a number of uses. As a rule I would say most people choose whichever one they feel is best for a particular ritual.

But more could be used if you wanted. There is no hard and fast rule you must follow to the letter.

#460206 - 09/12/11 01:54 AM Re: Quick question about the Enochian Keys [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

Thank you for the response Reverend. Hail Satan!
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#460231 - 09/12/11 12:04 PM Re: Quick question about the Enochian Keys [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Hatred_Incarnate
But on the Church of Satan website under Magus LaVeys 'Enochian pronunciation guide' in the theory and practices page He lists some Enochian keys to be read for various rituals/ceremony's [sic], and all but two of them list several keys.

He was just pointing out that when it comes to certain themes, you often have more than one choice of keys that could be a good fit. For example, he lists "Compassion: Keys 16, 18", which means that if you're doing a Conjuration of Compassion, it's suggested that you use key 16 OR use key 18. When you read the given description and translations of these and compare them to the others, you'll see why they're a better fit for a Conjuration of Compassion than, say, keys 14 or 17.

So no, the fact that some themes have more than one suggested key, does not imply that you're supposed to use all of them.

If you want to use more than one key at the end of a ceremony, go ahead. Though personally I've found trying to use two to be a little awkward, like trying to end a piece of music with two long crescendos.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405538 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements