11/26/10 10:13 PM
England
Drake_Bamboozle Offline OP
CoS Reverend
Drake_Bamboozle  Offline OP
CoS Reverend

England
The Devil's Guitar by Sonny Bellavance.

It has taken me a few listens before I feel I can offer a perspective on this.

I must say I still don't feel wholly qualified.

For the first few listens I can only say I was too distracted by the musical virtuosity to properly enjoy the music itself. Sonny's mastery of this flamenco/classical style is impressive to say the least.

Musically there is a medieval tone to the compositions that I find both relaxing and thought provoking.

There are many musical styles that I can sit and write to. With The Devil's Guitar I do find that I can't do that. I find myself stopping everything and just sitting in a kind of trance.

Some of the titles are deceptive in a way. I couldn't help thinking some of the composotions on the CD would sit perfectly in one of the Spaghetti Westerns.

I am trying to think how I would sum it up. There is too much depth in the music to do that simply. I can only say, I suppose, there is just such beauty in the music. And it should just be enjoyed for no other reason than that.

Once you get over been blown away by some of Sonny's fretwork, that is. Seriously, you have to get past that before you just sit and absorb the experience of the music itself.

Human beings are as significant as a cigarette burn in the sun.
Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: ] #440511
12/16/10 03:01 AM
12/16/10 03:01 AM
Canada (Québec)
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock
Warlock Bell  Offline

CoS Warlock

Canada (Québec)
That's too much Sir... blush

Thanks a million!

coopdevil coopdevil coopdevil

Here is the basic “house rule”: When members have conflicting values, they are to go their own way, not wasting energy and time sniping at the members who have selected different methods of applying Satanism to reach personal satisfaction. Quite a simple guideline, we think. However, this is too much to expect from some, usually the ones who never got Satanic Rule of the Earth number 1: “Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.”

Magus Peter H. Gilmore (Rebels Without Cause)

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
Folding@home Church of Satan
The Devil's Trill
Metal Invaders on Myspace
Radio Free Satan

Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #440512
12/16/10 03:05 AM
12/16/10 03:05 AM
Canada (Québec)
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock
Warlock Bell  Offline

CoS Warlock

Canada (Québec)
Thank you so much Sir! cool

I was not online lately...As I have almost finished to learn the pieces from the first part of my second album. JSBach, Albéniz, Mudarra, Scarlatti, Torroba, Sanz and Sor are among the composers present on the first album plus others. The second part(album) will consist of compositions of your truly only...And there will be one dedicated to you!

wink A rare gift!

Here is the basic “house rule”: When members have conflicting values, they are to go their own way, not wasting energy and time sniping at the members who have selected different methods of applying Satanism to reach personal satisfaction. Quite a simple guideline, we think. However, this is too much to expect from some, usually the ones who never got Satanic Rule of the Earth number 1: “Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.”

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #440530
12/16/10 08:40 AM
12/16/10 08:40 AM
In the Belly of the Beast.
Venom Offline
Venom  Offline

In the Belly of the Beast.
I definitly have to get me this! Where can I buy this CD?
HS!

Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Venom] #441204
12/23/10 02:28 AM
12/23/10 02:28 AM
Canada (Québec)
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock
Warlock Bell  Offline

CoS Warlock

Canada (Québec)
Here sir, click on the link.

The Devil's Guitar

Thank you! coopdevil

HS!

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #442321
01/07/11 03:41 PM
01/07/11 03:41 PM
Hell
Satanist Azeri Offline

CoS Member
Satanist Azeri  Offline

CoS Member

Hell
A guitar in the hands of Sonny Bellavance comes alive like in the hands of no other musician. He is a one of a kind master of the guitar. And the musical arrangements and sounds that come from his guitar are breathtaking and stunning and mezmerizing. Sony bends the guitar strings to make you feel what he feels and hear what he hears in his melodic and hyptnoizing CD,"The Devil's Guitar" He is a super artist and musician. I also like the art work on the cover of the CD jacket of, The Devil's Guitar.H.S.

"So entire is my faith in the power of words, that, at times, I have believed it possible to embody even the evanescence of fancies such as I have attempted to describe."
Edgar Allen Poe.

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html
Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #447659
03/18/11 07:47 AM
03/18/11 07:47 AM
MN
dravon666 Offline

CoS Member
dravon666  Offline

CoS Member

MN
Indulgences Is one of my favorite songs.... Amazing job

Live life to your fullest!!!
Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #447733
03/20/11 02:58 AM
03/20/11 02:58 AM
Canada (Québec)
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock
Warlock Bell  Offline

CoS Warlock

Canada (Québec)
Thank you very much Azeri! A wonderful art work indeed, by Reverend Daniel Byrd!

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #447734
03/20/11 03:00 AM
03/20/11 03:00 AM
Canada (Québec)
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock
Warlock Bell  Offline

CoS Warlock

Canada (Québec)
Thank you dravon666!

I believe you will enjoy my second effort also...coming soon!

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #448193
03/27/11 04:10 AM
03/27/11 04:10 AM
Unknown User Offline
Banned
Unknown User  Offline
Banned

The Devil's Guitar certainly ranks as one of the high water marks of contemporary Satanic art. I recommend it without reservation.

Last edited by Ushiwakamaru; 03/27/11 04:11 AM.
Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #448251
03/28/11 09:48 AM
03/28/11 09:48 AM
MN
dravon666 Offline

CoS Member
dravon666  Offline

CoS Member

MN
Do you have a release date?
How about leaking a new track on here first?

Live life to your fullest!!!
Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #448499
04/02/11 02:17 AM
04/02/11 02:17 AM
Canada (Québec)
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock
Warlock Bell  Offline

CoS Warlock

Canada (Québec)
Thank you so very much Sir!

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: dravon666] #448501
04/02/11 02:27 AM
04/02/11 02:27 AM
Canada (Québec)
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock
Warlock Bell  Offline

CoS Warlock

Canada (Québec)
Originally Posted By: dravon666
Do you have a release date?
How about leaking a new track on here first?

Not exactly yet. I will making you all listen to the first extract in the next coming weeks. In the member only section...one of the advantages to be one. coopdevil

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #449409
04/14/11 12:30 AM
04/14/11 12:30 AM
Midwest, USA
Paistemage Offline
Paistemage  Offline

Midwest, USA
I do love flamenco playing and classical.

Andre Segovia is one of my favorite guitar palyers. Your cd seems interesting. I'll have to check it out in the future.

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people."
-Carl Jung
Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #463646
11/09/11 03:23 PM
11/09/11 03:23 PM
Germany/Spain
Inés Offline
Inés  Offline

Germany/Spain
Dear Warlock Bell,

The guitar is my favourite instrument. Even though I listened to the previews only, I'm already in love with your music. I'm going to have to get me this.

It tickles my spanish blood.

I am always looking for music like this, as it makes a perfect background for when I paint/draw. As inspiration so to speak.

Can't wait to hear it all.

Muchas gracias, Maestro.

amor vincit omnia

Moderated by  Quaark 

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,558
Posts408,090
Members13,350
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.039s Queries: 14 (0.033s) Memory: 1.0911 MB (Peak: 1.2860 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-09-21 04:40:51 UTC