Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#463342 - 11/04/11 10:28 PM Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic?
thorn9 Offline

Since the point of ritual is to be rid of emotions that bother you over something you desire badly.

And it seems from everything we have read that you do this in ritual by verbalizing or seeing or acting like what you would like to have happen as done already while feeling how you feel about the desire and how bad you want it.

Wouldn't doing that just make a person even more focused on the desire and feeling even more about how much they want it after doing this , instead of being rid of the feelings over it somehow for good?

Or is the point to use the imagery of saying or seeing and acting like you already have desire suppose to make you feel like you have it already? And that is why you feel better and are relieved of the negative emotions?

Just something we are wondering about, Any help and advice on this confusion would be very much appreciated, thank you!

#463343 - 11/05/11 12:18 AM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: thorn9]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Well, there are a number of ways of doing things.

But first, who is "we?"

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#463344 - 11/05/11 01:59 AM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: thorn9]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Since the point of ritual is to be rid of emotions that bother you over something you desire badly.

It is more than just that.

And yes, who is this "we" you speak of?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#463349 - 11/05/11 08:17 AM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: Phineas]
thorn9 Offline

A am refering to a couple of friends of mine as we have been trying to figure out the proper way to do Satanic Rituals.

But as I mentioned above it is very confusing. It seems to say to feel how badly you want something, and feel that while using imagery of already having desire which makes no sense.

Unless what Anton LaVey meant was to use the imagery of having desire now to make you feel like you have desire already and that is how it makes you feel better about it while you work toward it in the real world?

#463366 - 11/05/11 04:32 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: thorn9]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Did you ever want a particular toy when you were a child? Did you spend weeks dreaming about the day you would receive it, how you would play with it, what that would feel like?

Think along those lines.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#463382 - 11/05/11 08:31 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: thorn9]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

That's all you want to achieve? Just feeling better?

Aren't you interested in getting objective results that will make you feel better?

I will assume your answer is "yes" and proceed.

Quote:
And it seems from everything we have read that you do this in ritual by verbalizing or seeing or acting like what you would like to have happen as done already while feeling how you feel about the desire and how bad you want it.

I think the best answer to this really is already posted on the Church of Satan website quoting Anton LaVey:

Originally Posted By: LETTERS FROM THE DEVIL
by Anton LaVey
from The National Insider Vol. 14, No. 17
April 27, 1969
There is indeed, great power In magic, but one must be prepared to take advantage of this power. If a person is a perennial loser, they cannot be expected to know how to safeguard their success, if and when it should arrive. Even if you could learn to be a wizard overnight, you would need the proper personality to go along with it. Rule number one in the practice of real magic is: You must be able to conduct a smooth running life for yourself! Throughout the history of the world It has been established that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, or more bluntly—them that has—gets! If you haven’t a damn thing and want to get something, you must start out by at least pretending that you have something!
Source. (My emphasis in red).

Does this make better sense to you now?

#463385 - 11/05/11 08:59 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: Nemo]
thorn9 Offline

Yes, thank you all very much I believe that answers it. And yes our main goal is to get real world results. It just sounded sometimes like Satanic Ritual was only used for ridding negative emotions, but glad to hear it can get actual results!

So pretty much the goal is to get yourself to feel like goal is already achieved by pretending and feeling like it is already as you want it to be. I see why it is so important to leave the logical mind out of the ritual chamber.

#463388 - 11/05/11 09:07 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: thorn9]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

You are very welcome.

It sounds like you are on your way.

If you are not getting results, don't make excuses.

Just remember that results are everything.

#463394 - 11/05/11 10:21 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: Nemo]
thorn9 Offline

I do not believe in excuses, but it has been known to work obviously or else Satanists would not still be practicing this method I assume?

Also since it seems the method to use during a ritual seems to be cleared up, what about after? The Satanic Bible says to not think about results or the desire. And to not daydream or scheme, etc. But in the book "Church of Satan" he says to use actions to get results.

My guess is he means that action should be used in some way to help attain your desire. But to do so without thinking about the magic or worrying about results. which makes more sense now since it goes against the feeling of pretending you already have it.

#463420 - 11/06/11 01:07 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: thorn9]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: thorn9
I do not believe in excuses, but it has been known to work obviously or else Satanists would not still be practicing this method I assume?

I know it works for me. There are other Satanists who feel the same way. Whether or not it works for other people is not my problem nor concern. If anybody feels the need to "prove" the results to others, or have other people's results proved to themselves, then in my view they've missed the point.

Quote:
Also since it seems the method to use during a ritual seems to be cleared up, what about after? The Satanic Bible says to not think about results or the desire. And to not daydream or scheme, etc.

As LaVey said in one of his essays, and as I reiterated on the recent Greater Magic discussion on 9Sense, it's rather like feeling indifferent about sex after you've just had it. It's not that after a ritual you're consciously forcing yourself to no longer harbor the associated emotions. You can't really do that anyway; it's like the old saying "Don't think of a pink elephant". You should simply feel like you've already gotten it out of your system. Otherwise, you're still holding on to something, which means you didn't really utilize the ritual session to your full potential.

Quote:
we have been trying to figure out the proper way to do Satanic Rituals.

You've mentioned in other posts that you've done your own rituals before, right? So why over-analyze this? Just get into a room where you won't be interrupted, light some candles, put on some ambient music and other ritualistic trappings, and do it! There's nothing terribly elaborate about the "13 Steps". Going back to the sex analogy, if you're afraid of doing it for the first time because you want to wait until everything is absolutely perfect, then you're just setting yourself up for a let-down.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#463819 - 11/12/11 05:25 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: Bill_M]
thorn9 Offline

Thanks again everyone for clearing things up. One more thing that has come up is if one ritual is enough or does it take multiple rites.

Seems like many books specify doing for example a rite where at least five to ten mintutes is spent focusing on feeling like you already have desire, and that this should be done at least once a day for a week or two.

In your experiences is that many times really needed, or is once enough? thanks again.

#463821 - 11/12/11 05:53 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: thorn9]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

In your experiences is that many times really needed, or is once enough? thanks again.

Your question answers itself if you rephrase it this way:

Originally Posted By: Nemo
If you really want a result to happen, how many times should you do what is required to get that result?
wink

#463835 - 11/12/11 11:44 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: thorn9]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA

I honestly can't think of any rituals I've personally done, whether solitary or group, where revising the ritual chamber for the same exact thing was ever needed.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#463849 - 11/13/11 08:26 AM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: Bill_M]
thorn9 Offline

wow so one is really enough to get results, ok thanks!

#463889 - 11/13/11 10:17 PM Re: Question we have on Satanic Ritual Magic? [Re: Nemo]
thorn9 Offline

Nemo: It sounds like you are saying it may take more than one ritual to get results? Am I understanding what you said correctly? I only ask as I said it seems like many books on magic say it takes more than one ritual. Thank you!

I do not mind doing more than one, but if one is enough then you should let it go then that is fine as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12157 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405735 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements