Topic Options
#463936 - 11/14/11 10:05 PM question
Liz Offline

I read on the Internet that had a link to Letters to the Devil .It said something about being against welfare and people that was hindering ,This is said in my words .Like I have two adult kids that do things they shouldn't and bring me down with them,I do try to stop them from doing that,I can't help their life choices but I can mine.I totally agree with what it said. But it raised a question to me-It did not name anything about retired people or people that was disabled. I am curious if there is guide lines on that-That the COS would stand by ,These writings I read came from New Age essays .But it also was representing the COS and had links to this page. Very interesting readings.

#463939 - 11/14/11 11:31 PM Re: question [Re: Liz]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

These are the guidelines that Satanists go by. There are no strict rules regarding what you ask; each person has to do what is best for them within the law, these guidelines, and common sense.

Since we do not like to include extraneous links here, if you would like to PM me the link you mentioned for evaluation, that would be appreciated.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#463989 - 11/16/11 12:22 AM Re: question [Re: Liz]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
In an ideal world of mine, children, physically disabled people, the retired, or otherwise incapacitated people would be the responsibility of their loved ones; rather than that of society as a whole through the welfare state.

I wouldn't turn my back on a worthwhile member of my family or my circle of friends - but I see no reason why I should be obligated to offer my resources indiscriminately.

But, as it happens, the law states that I have to pay my taxes and they use it as they see fit. So that is what I grudgingly do.

I would however acknowledge that someone who finds themself unemployed for the first time in their life after 25 years of working, deserves financial assistance. A heroin addicted wastrel does not.

Edited by Drake_Bamboozle (11/16/11 12:27 AM)

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#464014 - 11/16/11 05:12 PM Re: question [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Liz Offline

I didn't even know what Welfare was when I was young and found out about it as I grew older. I am so glade that they have limited it now cause,I also seen and met people and heard them say that the world owes them .They deserved Welfare cause they had kids. It made me sick. So I totally agree there are people out there that does that. But also feel like there are those who paid taxes them selves and never got anything back cause they made to much money .There are many people out there and wanted to know the guide lines for that.
Thank you for the input of information.

#464018 - 11/16/11 05:58 PM Re: question [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Liz Offline

I believe we should live how we preach. I try to live how I preach.What is your planes for your self. I know people who worked longer than you and now have very bad back problems. I know some disabled kids. Learning disabilities they need special care. I know also some that do take advantage of the system.I believed it mentioned that in what I was talking about what I read and I stated I totally agree. What about those that have back problems who may have even paid more taxes than you .They made good money when they was able and those kids who need special care. That was the question . What is the guide lines for them.
Thanks again for you input of information.

#464019 - 11/16/11 06:09 PM Re: question [Re: Liz]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Liz
What about those that have back problems who may have even paid more taxes than you .They made good money when they was able and those kids who need special care. That was the question . What is the guide lines for them.

I get the impression that English isn't your first language, and if so then I can understand the difficulty in conveying an idea. But I still don't understand your question. Who, exactly, are you talking about? And what do you mean by guidelines? Guidelines for what? Satanism doesn't condone being a freeloader. Does that clarify anything?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#464020 - 11/16/11 06:10 PM Re: question [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Liz Offline

I reread your statement they should not get help in a welfare system. sorry I did want to know what the COS felt about that. I understand Your answer.
Sorry about that. You paying taxes through me off then I reread it.
Thanks for your input of information.

#464021 - 11/16/11 06:22 PM Re: question [Re: Bill_M]
Liz Offline

English is my first language.I have bad grammar.I am sorry about that.I wanted to know guide lines for retirement checks.Disability checks.Things like that.What are the guide lines for that from COS teachings. Is this totally wrong or is there guide line. If you need it to survive would it then be wrong? I am wondering? I am not a member but have always liked the teachings of COS .I have always liked the teachings and did have this question.
Thanks for replying .

#464023 - 11/16/11 06:27 PM Re: question [Re: Bill_M]
Liz Offline

I guess I understand. Sorry
Thank you for your reply

#464032 - 11/16/11 09:28 PM Re: question [Re: Bill_M]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Satanism doesn't condone being a freeloader

This is it in a nutshell.

Like it or not, most western societies take out taxes to pay for disability, social security, etc. If you have legitimately worked and find yourself unable to work, then that's what the taxes were paid for. If you are exploiting the system by being a freeloader, you're a thief. Simple as that.

You are also not responsible for the actions of your family. If your sons are freeloaders, this does not necessarily reflect on you. Sometimes the apple falls far from the tree indeed.

#464034 - 11/16/11 09:47 PM Re: question [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Liz Offline

Thank you so much for replying .I am afraid to say to much.I know a lot of people do use the system. I am very glade you replied.Thank you so much.
HS

#464070 - 11/17/11 01:44 PM Re: question [Re: Liz]
Liz Offline

I admire a COS member more than any other human in this world. When I learn more and apply more in my life,I will ask for member ship. Thank you everyone so much for your answers.

HS

Forum Stats
12277 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements