Topic Options
#464170 - 11/19/11 04:04 PM Hi!
Soledad Offline

Hi!!

I decided to join this forum because I enjoy reading through threads, and I also like to ask questions from time to time. I want to learn more, and that's why I'm here.

I consider myself a late bloomer, as I did not discover Satanism until I was 30 years old. By that time, I'd done quite a lot of religious researching and had come to my own conclusion that I was an atheist. Reading about religion and spirituality was entertaining to me, serving as good reading while taking a soak in the bath, but it didn't go far beyond that for me. I did visit a few alternative churches and such, but moved on. I always felt like I could see what others could not, and I always wondered why some things that were so clear to me were unseen by the people around me.

My first encounter with true Satanism was via the Church of Satan website. It was my way of facing a great fear and also succumbing to my innate curiosity. Prior to that, my only experiences with "satanism" were in my youth- kids who actually believed in the devil, did a lot of drugs, and were extremely cruel to everyone, most especially the people they loved the most. Naturally, I was repelled by these values. When I finally visited the Church of Satan website, I couldn't stop reading. What I found there was what I had already determined for myself. It was an explanation for why all those other religions never resonated with me, why I could see so clearly what others couldn't or wouldn't. My troublesome dark side could come out of hiding and bloom, because the qualities which had always set me apart from my peers were in actuality very strong survival instincts.

Since then, I've read quite a bit of Satanic literature, including the Satanic Bible and the Satanic Scriptures. I've also done a lot of social experimenting. When I discovered Satanism I knew it was something I wanted to approach with care, not something I just wanted to jump into. I didn't want to introduce myself into a forum of any kind until I was quite sure of my strengths and weaknesses from the perspective of this newly acquired understanding of Satanism.

I feel like I'm still learning, and I still want to approach Satanism with care. That is how I treat everything I cherish. I like to take things very, very slowly. I like to examine things from all angles. I want to be very careful about how I commit myself, because my life is precious to me. I have a lot of thoughts/feelings/interests that seem to conflict with one another but in a way that I find very satisfying. I really like to get to the root of things, and I will spend a very long time doing so if that is what is required.

So, basically, I'm here to read threads, ask a few questions, and occasionally post on a topic of interest. I'm not an official member of the Church of Satan, but it is a possibility that I often consider. I'm currently very interested in family life, history, cooking soul food, making my own skin care, writing, feminism, creating my image, photography, wilderness, and the magic of words. Also, I am extremely enamored with the idea of making an art out of living. I haven't been too interested in having power over other humans, because I prefer to spend my time with free thinkers, but lately I'm beginning to understand the practical value of empowering myself in this way. I do have a very strong practical side, but I also tend to be very romantic. This slows my evolution somewhat, but I'm okay with that. In my opinion, its better for each person to be true to themselves, grow and learn at the rate and manner which is best for each. The world would be boring if everyone was the same.

So, that's a bit of me, and I hope I've been thorough and accurate. Maybe there's more, but I don't want to give it all away in one post!!! Take care! smile

#464179 - 11/19/11 05:05 PM Re: Hi! [Re: Soledad]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Do˝a Soledad

I feel like I'm still learning,

Let's hope you ALWAYS feel that way. smile

I enjoyed your introduction. Welcome.

In time, we may end up discussing soul food.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#464180 - 11/19/11 05:08 PM Re: Hi! [Re: Soledad]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Wonderful intro.

Welcome.

#464213 - 11/20/11 05:11 AM Re: Hi! [Re: Soledad]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Very good introduction.

Everything apart from the mention of Feminism. They do nothing but make my flesh crawl.

Welcome to the forums.

#464225 - 11/20/11 11:55 AM Re: Hi! [Re: Soledad]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Loc: NC
Welcome to LttD. Thank you for the thorough introduction. If you have any Satanism-themed books available, you can post the link on LttD with VIP membership.

Hail Satan!!

"Life is the great indulgence--death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life--HERE AND NOW!"

#464228 - 11/20/11 02:38 PM Re: Hi! [Re: Soledad]
InÚs Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
Hola Sole, bienvenida.

Are you latina/spanish? I'm from Spain and I haven't met any spanish-rooted Satanists ...yet. Enjoy your stay here.

#464231 - 11/20/11 03:54 PM Re: Hi! [Re: Soledad]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Europe & South America
Fantastic introduction. Welcome to LttD, Do˝a Soledad.

#464291 - 11/21/11 04:45 PM Re: Hi! [Re: Soledad]
Soledad Offline

Hello! Thank you ALL for such a warm welcome. Since you were so generous as to make a few comments, I'd like to respond.

@Roho: Soul food, YES! I read your recipe for ceviche! A great big sinful YUM.

@Drake Bamboozle: When I say feminism, I am making a reference to Satanic Feminism as described by Blanche Barton. I hope her interpretation will be kinder to your sensibilities. smile

@InÚs: Hola! No, I'm not Spanish, but my sexy husband is.

smile

#464334 - 11/22/11 05:16 AM Re: Hi! [Re: Soledad]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Do˝a Soledad

@Roho: Soul food, YES! I read your recipe for ceviche! A great big sinful YUM.

I am glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for letting me know. smile

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#465224 - 12/02/11 10:53 PM Re: Hi! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Dvergr Offline

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: Drake_Bamboozle

Everything apart from the mention of Feminism. They do nothing but make my flesh crawl.

My thoughts exactly, good man. Femanism: what a joke.

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404214 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements