Topic Options
#464215 - 11/20/11 05:33 AM An Introduction
Stabu Offline

Loc: New England
After reading through several introductory e-mails, I've decided to stick to the topic of why and how Satanism appeals to me.

I grew up in a Lutheran family with a fundamentalist mom, who spent a lot of time instituting the fear of hell into me. Despite of this, I came to the scary conclusion in my teens that the classical Christian omniscient, omnipotent and benevolent god is an impossibility.

I was in my early 20's when I picked up the Satanic Bible for the first time. I remember being terrible afraid and excited when I was reading it, even if I've already received the Cliff's notes and knew intellectually that it was just another book, and Satan (as an evil god) cannot be invoked from it, because he doesn't really exist and a book is a book is a book.

During the next ten years I also purchased the Satanic Rituals and Satanic Scriptures and listened to all interviews I could find on Youtube given by members of the Church of Satan. A few weeks back I finally decided that I might as well pay these guys and applied for a membership/active membership. The only reason I waited this long was because I didn't think it was worth the trouble.

Outside "the internets", I spend most of my time starting and running businesses. Since time management is a constant issue, you will probably see me lurking here on my lunch break more often than finding me posting anything insightful.

#464224 - 11/20/11 11:47 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: Stabu]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Loc: NC
I enjoyed reading your introduction post and found your thoughts insightful. I feel as though you are well read and have a good grasp of Satanic philosophy. Also, I appreciate your sincerity; it is a precious commodity. I have a similar background and can definitely relate to that feeling of excitement, awe, and fear upon your initial read of The Satanic Bible. Welcome to LttD.

Hail Satan!!

"Life is the great indulgence--death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life--HERE AND NOW!"

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements