Topic Options
#465315 - 12/04/11 04:20 PM Introduction
Sammaelsservant Offline

Hello. I just joined this site, and this post will serve as my introduction. I have been a satanist for as long as I can remember, but I did not realize this until a recent fancy of mine led me to the Church of Satan website. There, I saw all of my hopes, feelings, and ambitions printed in front of me, and I knew that I must become a member, or instead suffer a life devoid of necessary motivation. I am not yet a member, but I am working toward joining, and hopefully with some feedback from this post, I will be even more eager to affiliate. Aside from that, I suppose there is not much to say. I have read "The Satanic Bible" multiple times, and I have taken much from the wise words of Anton LaVey. I am not your average Satanist (at least, when compared to the popular image of the Satanist). I do not have tattoos or piercings, I do not dress in all black, and I am not a big fan of most metal. But I do believe in the doctrines of this religion, and if I will be judged on my appearance and taste in music over my set of beliefs, then I see it is unnecessary to advance my application any further. I look forward to speaking with like-minded people, and I hope to learn more about the Church from my discussions on this site.

And a note to those inquiring about my uncreative name: Trust me, it is creative. It is relevant to my life in a very important way, but to tell you would compromise my anonymity. That is all I have to say for now, so I am off to navigate this website, and figure out how the hell to personalize my page. Have a nice day.

#465316 - 12/04/11 04:24 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Sammaelsservant]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Good thing for you, Satanism is not about tattoos and metal music.

Welcome to the boards.

#465319 - 12/04/11 04:46 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Sammaelsservant]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I have no piercings or tattoos, and am currently listening to Beethoven, while dressed in a blue and white pinstriped oxford Brooks Brothers shirt.

No one seems to care. wink

Welcome to the board.

#465322 - 12/04/11 05:40 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Sammaelsservant]
ElizabethC. Offline

Being true to yourself is what being a Satanist is all about. Therefore, it would make no sense for everyone to look/dress/act the same. Anyone who told you you weren't a Satanist because you didn't have any body modifications wouldn't be a real Satanist.

#465323 - 12/04/11 06:06 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Sammaelsservant]
Sammaelsservant Offline

Thank you everyone. I'm glad to see that people support me on this site. Although I am now a little ashamed to admit it, I half expected everyone to scoff at my mannerisms. I've never spoken to another Satanist before (that I know of), and I didn't know what to expect. My only experience with Satanists comes from the black metal that my friends listen to, so you can imagine how my conception of this religion was a little skewed. Thank you for replying to my post, and I look forward to finding my fit in this forum.

#465324 - 12/04/11 06:52 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Sammaelsservant]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Sammaelsservant
My only experience with Satanists comes from the black metal that my friends listen to, so you can imagine how my conception of this religion was a little skewed.

You have a lot of study ahead of you.

Quote:
Thank you for replying to my post, and I look forward to finding my fit in this forum.

You're very welcome.

#465327 - 12/04/11 08:29 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Sammaelsservant]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Loc: NC
Thank you for replying to my post, and I look forward to finding my fit in this forum.

Welcome. With some navigation and posts, I'm sure you'll find your fit in this forum.

Hail Satan!!

"Life is the great indulgence--death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life--HERE AND NOW!"

#465424 - 12/06/11 05:57 AM Re: Introduction [Re: CWH]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: CWH

Good thing for you, Satanism is not about tattoos and metal music.

Welcome to the boards.

I think most heavy musicians are not satanists in the meaning the word is. Most devilish metal stuff we see in MTV and in other medias is kind of poseuring, showbusiness.

In the way I myself understand satanism is not tattoos, blood or screaming but rational philosophy and religion.

Edited by Janina Paasonen (12/06/11 02:32 PM)

#465471 - 12/06/11 07:18 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Sammaelsservant]
InÚs Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
Originally Posted By: Sammaelsservant
I do not have tattoos or piercings, I do not dress in all black, and I am not a big fan of most metal

Hooray for blue jeans. There is more Satanism in Nat King Cole's "Mona Lisa" than in any song by "most metal music". wink

Forum Stats
12023 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405253 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements