Topic Options
#465922 - 12/12/11 05:48 PM Thinking about Joining Soon
Sammaelsservant Offline

I am thinking about joining the Church of Satan soon, and I would just like to know how other people feel about being members. Do you recommend that I apply? How has your experience been so far?

#465937 - 12/13/11 12:22 AM Re: Thinking about Joining Soon [Re: Sammaelsservant]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

How can anyone who doesn't personally know you recommend for you to apply or not?

How would you verify that the comments you receive are indeed accurate?

Membership in the Church of Satan is no small step; each member has their own reasons for joining in the first place, it is highly personal.

Rather, ask yourself what it is you bring to the table, what makes you want to join, why take this step now?

It's all about you, not about what others think or have experienced.

Refer to the COS website for further reading regarding membership.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#465939 - 12/13/11 02:19 AM Re: Thinking about Joining Soon [Re: Sammaelsservant]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
There have been many aspects that have made it worth joining.

But indeed, you need to look at what you bring to the table. The more you have the more you'll get back. Much of our members' activities take place away from online message boards. Whether we are amongst those involved is such activities is another thing.

It should also be noted that some people choose to join for their own personal reasons and then have little contact with most other members.

#466085 - 12/14/11 03:36 PM Re: Thinking about Joining Soon [Re: Sammaelsservant]
Sammaelsservant Offline

Personally, I want to join because I agree with every single principle that Anton LaVey outlined. I've read the entire website and I've read the Satanic Bible twice. I know that I'm very capable, and that I am much more intelligent than most people (I don't expect you to be able to verify these facts at this time, but hopefully as I become more acclimated to this website you will see this for yourself). I really feel that joining the Church of Satan would give me the confidence and the direction that I need to channel my potential into something greater. I suppose what I was really asking is if you had experienced this feeling, and how the COS helped to supply you with a means of...I suppose...making yourself better.

#466152 - 12/15/11 10:18 AM Re: Thinking about Joining Soon [Re: Sammaelsservant]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here.

All other replies will be deleted.

#466177 - 12/15/11 07:21 PM Re: Thinking about Joining Soon [Re: Sammaelsservant]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Sammaelsservant
Personally, I want to join because I agree with every single principle that Anton LaVey outlined. I've read the entire website and I've read the Satanic Bible twice. I know that I'm very capable, and that I am much more intelligent than most people (I don't expect you to be able to verify these facts at this time, but hopefully as I become more acclimated to this website you will see this for yourself). I really feel that joining the Church of Satan would give me the confidence and the direction that I need to channel my potential into something greater.

Sounds like you already have your own well-justified reasons for joining, then.

Quote:
I suppose what I was really asking is if you had experienced this feeling, and how the COS helped to supply you with a means of...I suppose...making yourself better.

As Reverend Drake said, it really comes down to what you put into it. The CoS doesn't really hand anything out. Membership however does open doors that might otherwise have remained closed, for those who make the efforts. In all the years I've been in the COS, when I think of all the things that the organization has directly or indirectly made possible for me (the incredible people I've met, the projects they've shared, the projects I've been able to create and share, the networking, the unofficial but life-enriching get-togethers, etc.), it would be an embarrassing understatement to say I "got something" out of it.

Of course there are also Satanists who join and really have no desire to be in contact with other members. In fact, most CoS members I know don't have an account here on LttD, nor have any intentions of getting one.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405208 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements