Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#466307 - 12/17/11 01:25 PM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: -Ember-]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Satan Speaks!, by Dr. Lavey, The Satanic Witch, by Dr. LaVey, The Fire From Within, by Magister Nemo, Infernalia, by Magister Rose.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#466308 - 12/17/11 01:30 PM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: One Man Army]
-Ember- Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Thank you. I'll write them all down and get them as soon as I can.

#466309 - 12/17/11 01:48 PM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: -Ember-]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are most welcome.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#466340 - 12/18/11 03:35 AM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: One Man Army]
One Man Army Offline

Loc: Beyond Understanding...
As far as I understand it now - everybody can find an own diabolus in musica and experience it just the way he/she needs and wishes to experience it: you could find the Devil while sitting in a great music-hall, or while driving your car and listening to the radio.

Mentioning heavy metal... Anton LaVey explained that metal isn't Devil's music, while considered so by the majority of to-the-bone-Christians. But, I also got to say, that heavy metal was one of the first steps I made towards Satanism. Songs that treated Satan not in a way the priest at the local church did it (I was Christian before), made me for the first time think, that thinking different from how the priest told you to, isn't necessarily wrong. And so I finished believing and started to think.

The rules may be theirs, but the game is always mine.

"A wise man with one eye sees more, than a fool with both." - Odin, the One-Eyed God.

#466362 - 12/18/11 07:56 AM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: One Man Army]
Bet'phage Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: One Man Army
you could find the Devil while sitting in a great music-hall, or while driving your car and listening to the radio.

Seeing that "the Devil" is me, and you, and him, and her, everywhere we go, "he's" there. Perception and perspective. I can find the Devil in the song, "It's a Wonderful World," because I, the Devil, am the one listening to it,and some other Devil, Louis Armstrong, is the one who wrote it. smile

http://www.vampiretemple.com/whatis.html

#466436 - 12/19/11 05:02 AM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: Bet'phage]
One Man Army Offline

Loc: Beyond Understanding...
Originally Posted By: Bet'phage

Seeing that "the Devil" is me, and you, and him, and her, everywhere we go, "he's" there. Perception and perspective. I can find the Devil in the song, "It's a Wonderful World," because I, the Devil, am the one listening to it,and some other Devil, Louis Armstrong, is the one who wrote it. smile

That is a good thought. I must say, I will spend some time thinking about this. See, I study philosophy and used to 'sit and think'.

By the way, Bach's Tocatta in D minor, while listened in a quite room in the evening, inspires me a lot to such thoughts and brings me in a certain philosophical 'condition'. So, the Devil named Johann Sebastian is my own diabolus in musica.

The rules may be theirs, but the game is always mine.

"A wise man with one eye sees more, than a fool with both." - Odin, the One-Eyed God.

#488720 - 04/22/13 09:51 PM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: One Man Army]
Etu Malku Offline

During the Middle Ages in Western music the tritone was classified as a dissonant interval and avoided at all cost during composition. If you’ve heard the opening notes from the band Black Sabbath’s self titled song “Black Sabbath” then you’ve heard this demonic interval.

Towards the end of the Renaissance era the tritone was nicknamed diabolus en musica meaning “the devil in music” by 1733 the phrase transformed into “mi against fa” (Satan in music). Later on during the Baroque and Classical eras this diabolical interval became perfectly acceptable in composition as another color on the composer’s pallet.

#488737 - 04/23/13 01:39 PM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: Etu Malku]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Yes we briefly talked about that on the previous page, which was back in, oh, 2011. smile

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#488740 - 04/23/13 03:06 PM Re: Satani: Diabolus in musica [Re: Etu Malku]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Please pay attention to the date of a thread before you resurrect it.
Prevention of Virtue

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements