Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#466773 - 12/22/11 11:00 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
STP4 Offline

For me, Christmas is pretty much secularized. Most of my coworkers skip the religious part, except for the Catholics, but they only go to midnight mass for the singing anyway.

Hell, I'm a Jew, and I've always had fun on Christmas. It took me forever to realize it WASN'T all about Frosty and Santa.

#466777 - 12/22/11 11:22 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: STP4]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: STP4

Hell, I'm a Jew, and I've always had fun on Christmas. It took me forever to realize it WASN'T all about Frosty and Santa.

Just curious, what is the common jewish policy for celebrating Christmas. I know they don┤t traditionally celebrate it cause it is after all Jesus Christ┤s birthday, but would be intrested to hear what is the common policy of Rabbies to say about Christmas celebration?

I dont┤t want to be rude or anything but I am intrested about different religions and their manners so like to question this kind of thing

-Janina

#466778 - 12/22/11 11:25 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Janina]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Janina Paasonen

Just curious, what is the common jewish policy for celebrating Christmas.

Chinese take out.

#466783 - 12/23/11 12:14 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Janina]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
what is the common policy of Rabbies to say about Christmas celebration?

You mean rabbis, or rabies?

Quote:
I am intrested [sic] about different religions and their manners

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=world+religions

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#466785 - 12/23/11 12:57 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
I meant Rabbi. I think rabies isn┤t part of jewish tradition..

Cause english is my secondary language I have to translate what I say from Finnish to English language. Thats why it is precious that some one who sees mistakes in my texts fix them, so thank you Billy M. smile

Edited by Janina Paasonen (12/23/11 01:04 AM)

#466791 - 12/23/11 04:22 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
One Man Army Offline

Loc: Beyond Understanding...
A Jewish Satanist celebrating Christmas - this is so... Satanic! grin

The rules may be theirs, but the game is always mine.

"A wise man with one eye sees more, than a fool with both." - Odin, the One-Eyed God.

#466804 - 12/23/11 07:38 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
Farmer Frown Offline

Loc: Nebraska
My Jewish friends typically work on Christmas, at the pub. This is a good thing. If I get sick of family gatherings I know there's pub open and a mensch pouring stiff drinks.

"It's great. We knew nothing about the sin before you came here." - Old Kazakh Joke

#466805 - 12/23/11 09:05 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
Bet'phage Offline

Loc: Ohio
For me, now that I have two kids, Christmas is more about them, as far as presents go. And we like giving to our kids. The other aspects of Christmas I enjoy are meeting and eating with family, sitting around the Christmas tree passing out gifts, and singing songs by the piano. After the regular Christmas carols, we sing everything we can think of, that usually includes Stephen Foster and other good old Americana songs. I think we just like to sing. My mom plays the piano. I don't get to hear her play that often, so I just keep putting music in front of her. smile

This will be my aunt's husband's first U.S. Christmas. So they are doing it up right with decorations.

http://www.vampiretemple.com/whatis.html

#466814 - 12/23/11 12:31 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
InÚs Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
We just watched the above mentioned "Christmas Story" movie. We have had it on DVD for some years now. I never heard of this film before my boyfriend, who is american, introduced it to me. It is so american and so cute and so funny. I love it! Watching it again this year I realized that the sweetest thing I have ever seen on the telly is the scene where Ralphie's little brother hides in the kitchen cupboard crying, "Daddy is going to kill Ralphie..." and his mum gives him a glass of milk and closes the cupboard again. What a cute, sweet, innocent moment of sibling love. That little guy is my favourite character in this movie.

Feliz navidad to you all!

#466817 - 12/23/11 12:52 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Janina]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

I think rabies isn┤t part of jewish tradition

Well maybe a really messy matzoh ball soup eater will appear to be foaming at the mouth, but other than that...

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#466818 - 12/23/11 12:56 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: InÚs]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: InÚs

Eh, what's that you say? "Police stopped my car"? Well you should know better. wink

#466819 - 12/23/11 01:11 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
I celebrate Giftmas.

Who really celebrates the birth of jesus anyway? The holiday has now become pretty Satanic in many ways, all about material gain (gifts), indulgence in good food and general fun.

I have a son who proudly declares to all "Santa isn't real" (he figured this out himself thanks to my teaching him critical thinking skills) but will still happily take gifts from a guy in a Santa outfit. As an adult i'll happily take gifts from someone claiming that the christian god is real, Santa for grownups.

Rather than protesting, take advantage.

#466820 - 12/23/11 01:25 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
-Ember- Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I make christmas good for my children. To my loved ones who are christian and celebrate Christmas I tell them 'Merry Christmas' to some pagan friends I have I wish them a good Solstice. If I meet someone who celebrates Haunaka (not sure if I spelled that right) I wish them a happy Haunaka. I just wish everyone a good time in whatever they participate in. I don't mind getting a candy cane from some christian telling me its symbolic meanings to Jesus. I love candy canes. Their explanation (thankfully) is short and I get a free candy cane. They usually give one to the kids as well.

#466827 - 12/23/11 05:09 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Bill_M]
InÚs Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: InÚs

Eh, what's that you say? "Police stopped my car"? Well you should know better. wink

This was hilarious. Vielen Dank. grin
And here's a widdle xmas present for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zRe_wvJw8

#466836 - 12/23/11 06:44 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
My_Charge Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Ah Christmas, never had much appeal after I grew up. But oh how I adore the attention I get now. Gift's from my gf's and the only time in the year where given a gift to another co-worker that is a woman is cool. Yes, I take advantage of Christmas regardless of what people what to call it or how it came about. Use of available resources, says I! When I walk down the street and someone says Merry Christmas, I smirk and say Merry Christmas back. When they say may the lord guide and protect me, I smirk again and say I choose to make my destiny by executing actions not waiting. That gives them a double take but always results in confusion and diversion.

As the clouds start to clear you will find me out with a telescope finding the "aged" light of other galaxies. With my thermos full of Gluehwein and a pipe of tobacco, nothing but the best of times!

Hail Xmas!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405206 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements