Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#467120 - 12/29/11 08:34 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: One Man Army
There are plenty of people, who call themselves 'Christians', while they do not even know the abracadabra they believe in. I met a lot of 'believers', who knew less about their religion, than I do, while I am an atheist.

I have read the whole Bible from Moses to John and use it agains Christians in discussion. Most of so called Christian donīt have a clue about teachings of Bible and I just love to tease them with quotes about slavery, shaving beard and many other so called sins.
Christian people hate it when I know more about their religion than they do, and thats something witch gives me lot of satisfaction

#467325 - 01/02/12 04:51 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Janina]
STP4 Offline

Originally Posted By: Janina Paasonen
Originally Posted By: STP4

Hell, I'm a Jew, and I've always had fun on Christmas. It took me forever to realize it WASN'T all about Frosty and Santa.

Just curious, what is the common jewish policy for celebrating Christmas. I know they donīt traditionally celebrate it cause it is after all Jesus Christīs birthday, but would be intrested to hear what is the common policy of Rabbies to say about Christmas celebration?

I dontīt want to be rude or anything but I am intrested about different religions and their manners so like to question this kind of thing

-Janina

orthodox rabbis say not to celebrate it in any form. Reform/Conservative rabbis say that it's part of this country's culture and that some level of recognition is ok.

Most Jews eat Chinese take out and/or go to a movie. We also, sometimes, wait until Christmas to give Chanukah presents, as most Jewish families are intermarried.

TL;DR Most American Jews view Christmas as gift-mas and treat it as a secular holiday, regardless of what some rabbis say.

#467326 - 01/02/12 05:18 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: STP4]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

#467356 - 01/03/12 11:20 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Zaftig]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Back in the early 90s, I remember seeing an Asian-American comedian (I think it was Henry Cho) point out that the current year is around 4700 according to the Chinese calendar, and around 5700 according to the Hebrew calendar, concluding "No way! How could Jewish people go one thousand years without Chinese food?"

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#467395 - 01/04/12 03:54 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
One Man Army Offline

Loc: Beyond Understanding...
Chinese food is an essential Jewish tradition!

The rules may be theirs, but the game is always mine.

"A wise man with one eye sees more, than a fool with both." - Odin, the One-Eyed God.

#467474 - 01/05/12 03:21 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: One Man Army]
Deviljosh4ever Offline

I don't feel that one specific day should be used for being kind to another person. I often joke that I thought the holiday was about a heavyset man with diabetes that has a thing for breaking into peoples homes.

In my opinion Christmas is nothing more than greed and people act like brainless zombies in the malls and stores. Tho I have a tradition of watching the original "Night of the Meek" episode of The Twilight Zone that starred Art Carney. For some reason that episode brings both a smile and a tear to my eyes every year.

#467513 - 01/06/12 03:58 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Deviljosh4ever]
One Man Army Offline

If you take a good look at Christmas, you will see a deep commercial idea behind it. Everyone is aware of those sales where people - quite mindless and will-less already - lose their brains even more and consume as much as they can and often more than that. They do not care about the little fact that their beloved prophet used to teach people about material values not being the true values.

"A wise man with one eye sees more, than a fool with both." - Odin, the One-Eyed God.

#468657 - 01/27/12 10:48 PM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: de_Lioncourt]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
That is funny, besides the guy that started the Landover Baptist "Church", from what I have found started off doing that as a joke in college, and was expelled because of it "Christians" you know have little sense of humor when it comes to religion. Chris wrote a Book and has the website, and it is educational, shows just what kinds of whacked out things some of the "Christians" believe.

After all don't forget Santa is an anagram for Satan.

#468670 - 01/28/12 04:19 AM Re: The big deal about Christmas [Re: Pablovilla]
One Man Army Offline

Originally Posted By: paul_r
After all don't forget Santa is an anagram for Satan.

As I said before, Hail Santa...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements