Topic Options
#466959 - 12/26/11 02:37 PM About Church of Satan policy for Magic?
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
I am quite new user in this forum but have been studying satanism and magic for long time. I have sent my affiliation for registering my membership some time ago and I tought to first register the membership and then after that seek for active membership.

My question for CoS is about magical Ritual. High Priet Peter H Gilmore said in his book that Satanic Ritual magic is not recommend for members but it might be powerful tool for Satanist who feels need to do that.

So I started to think that what is the common CoS policy for people outside the church feeling need to perform these Rituals, if they are not recommend for members what about non-members and magical ritual?

I know my question might sound bit stupid and propably many of you have had to answer these several times before, still I was thinking to ask this thing..

Edited by Janina Paasonen (12/26/11 02:41 PM)

#466962 - 12/26/11 03:25 PM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Janina]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Are you certain that is what you read?

Magus Gilmore has explained one does not need to practice Greater Magic in order to call oneself a Satanist. Is that what you are referring to?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#466963 - 12/26/11 03:32 PM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Janina]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Janina Paasonen
High Priet [sic] Peter H Gilmore said in his book that Satanic Ritual magic is not recommend [sic] for members

Stop right there. Where on earth did you read THAT?!? Either you embarrassingly misread something, or you mistyped it here. Did you mean "not required"?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#466964 - 12/26/11 03:58 PM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Janina]
303vegas Offline

Loc: Lancashire, UK
Please note, for the millionth time, that only Members of the Priesthood and Moderators are allowed to reply to threads in this forum. All other replies will be removed.

Edited by LKRice (12/26/11 05:46 PM)

#466979 - 12/26/11 10:11 PM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Did you mean "not required"?

Yes, thats what I meant.

I really have to appologize that sometimes language makes tricks with me when I´m writing in english language!

Edited by Janina Paasonen (12/26/11 10:16 PM)

#466980 - 12/26/11 10:14 PM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Phineas]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Phineas

Magus Gilmore has explained one does not need to practice Greater Magic in order to call oneself a Satanist. Is that what you are referring to?

Yes, I was just wondering this..

Edited by Janina Paasonen (12/26/11 10:23 PM)

#466982 - 12/26/11 10:24 PM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Janina]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Some who decide there is nothing to Greater Magic take comfort in knowing it is not a requirement.

Some also miss the point by inferring since it is not required, it is not valid.

As I have stated in these forums many times before, Dr. LaVey was a practicing Magician. In fact, half of The Satanic Bible is dedicated to Magic.

In addition, some of his essays expound on this very subject.

And what he wrote was not speculation or conjecture. He wrote from experience.

A person may claim the title Satanist without ever practicing Magic. However.....

Lets look at the example of a recent college graduate, with a BS in Chemistry. Still out of a job, seeking a position with several manufacturing firms that employ chemists.

Now, consider this next person, with a PhD in Chemistry, working for six years at a leading firm as head of research and development.

Both of these people can claim the title Chemist.

No one in their right minds would consider them to be equal. One has much more experience, perspective and knowledge than the other.

And so it is with the title Satanist. There are Satanists, and then there are Satanists. wink

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#466983 - 12/26/11 10:32 PM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Phineas]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Thank you Phineas for answering me.

I do perform magical Rituals myself and that´s partly the reason why I asked this one.

I think I see this idea more clear now than before this thread!

#466984 - 12/26/11 10:33 PM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Janina]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are welcome.

#467004 - 12/27/11 09:49 AM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Janina]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Yes, thats [sic] what I meant.

"recommend" = suositella
"require" = vaatia / kysyntä

Ne ovat aivan erilaiset! wink

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#467007 - 12/27/11 10:49 AM Re: About Church of Satan policy for Magic? [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Yes, thats [sic] what I meant.

"recommend" = suositella
"require" = vaatia / kysyntä

Ne ovat aivan erilaiset! wink

Yes, I can see the difference now.

thank you Reverend Bill M. You are very vice man!

Edited by Janina Paasonen (12/27/11 10:50 AM)

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43871 Topics
405537 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements