Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#466202 - 12/16/11 07:36 AM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
MrSlaughter Offline
CoS Reverend

"By the way it'd be neat if you could do an audio book because you have a real talent for speaking so clearly."

Since I've published an edition of The Anti-Christ, I'd considered doing a version of it in an audiobook format. I've even recorded a few samples.
Unfortunately it's very time intensive, even for a fairly short book. Not only is it many hours of recording, but then editing out all the mistakes and restarts and mixing the audio takes longer than the recording.
There's an existing Librivox recording of it, and it runs about 4 hours total. Recording time is usually 2x the final time, so that's about 8 hours of recording.
Total time may be 16 - 20 hours for a 4 hour product. That's not terrible, but it's dull work, and with no real prospect for actual money compensation, it's not worth it to me.
The only way it would be worth it is if I did it in sections, released it as a podcast in serial format, and that actually generated interest in my products for sale. I've had a little success doing that with my regular podcasts, and I've considered something like this might work better (I did something similar with the Scopes Trial series).
If I had a capable volunteer who did the editing, that would certainly make the project more appealing.

Edit: I've made a public post about this on my personal blog.

Edited by MrSlaughter (12/16/11 08:37 AM)

#467523 - 01/06/12 09:25 AM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
MrSlaughter Offline
CoS Reverend

So, I initially thought about doing the audiobook of The Anti-Christ, and then I decided against it after a week and not a single sign of interest (as in "put your money where your mouth is" interest, there's plenty of the "I'd like something free" kind).

BUT, another project has materialized that I need to put a lot of time and effort into that I think everyone here will be interested in, though I've got to keep a lid on it for the time being. Just thought I'd update the thread since I cannot edit the above post anymore.

#467562 - 01/07/12 02:45 AM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
One Man Army Offline

Loc: Beyond Understanding...
Once again, simply enjoyed hearing the truth said in full voice and am very grateful for such a deed as your lecture.

Thank you for your Wisdom and Hail Satan!

The rules may be theirs, but the game is always mine.

"A wise man with one eye sees more, than a fool with both." - Odin, the One-Eyed God.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43643 Topics
404172 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements