Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#464925 - 11/29/11 08:14 AM "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture...
MrSlaughter Offline
CoS Reverend

Hi folks. I haven't been round these parts in some time, but I wanted to put up a short video:

Description: Rev. Kevin I. Slaughter spoke at Wayne State University on November 16th, 2011 as a guest of the Secular Student Alliance for their "Separation of Church and State Week" events.
This is a short excerpt from the full forthcoming lecture where Kevin is differentiating the words "Satanism" from "Satanic".

#464986 - 11/29/11 08:50 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
Adam-9sense Offline
CoS Warlock

I can't wait to see this full speech... job well done!

#465082 - 12/01/11 01:09 AM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Ah yes, I remember seeing this video on the Undercroft (or SatanNet). I like how Reverend Slaughter delivers the Satanic concepts in a quick, down to earth style.

I also am very eager to hear his presentation in its entirety.

Hail Satan!

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#465110 - 12/01/11 01:45 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
Inés Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary MrSlaughter. I'll definitely watch the entire lecture once you put it up.

And by the way, nothing is more Satanic than "Hello Kitty". grin

#465194 - 12/02/11 02:33 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
Warlock Rikard Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: NJ
Outstanding, and congratulations on your 5 year anniversary!

Screamin Demon Fiery Foods:
Purveyors of the Most Sinister Hot Sauces & Fiery Foods Since 2001
www.screamindemonfieryfoods.com

#465207 - 12/02/11 05:48 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
Lust Offline

Awesome presentation and the whiskers are out of sight!

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#465214 - 12/02/11 07:03 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: Lust]
Mr. Dodge Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
Awesome presentation and the whiskers are out of sight!

HS!

I agree, that stache is badass!

#465496 - 12/07/11 12:04 AM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: Mr. Dodge]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
This really is interesting. Good you have linked it here for all of us smile

#465563 - 12/07/11 04:19 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: Janina]
thorn9 Offline

Someone just told me that at their college they saw a notice saying that someone from the Church of Satan was going to give a lecture at OSU on December 16th

#465569 - 12/07/11 05:46 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: thorn9]
MrSlaughter Offline
CoS Reverend

Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma?

#465575 - 12/07/11 08:21 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
thorn9 Offline

I assume Ohio, I do not know. Someone on a different forum mentioned it. They just said OSU. I think that is Ohio State university but I cannot say for sure

#466116 - 12/14/11 10:28 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I loved every minute of it. So much so I had to quote you on your toast! Have you considered compiling these lectures on DVD?

#466155 - 12/15/11 11:19 AM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: Unknown]
MrSlaughter Offline
CoS Reverend

I may offer these on DVD when I release the full version of the second lecture. I'm not sure the demand would really "pay off" for the additional work of mastering them and building menus, etc.
I'm certainly not doing these "for the money" (though I was paid a small sum to lecture, I've only received a few small donations in appreciation for the videos).
It's difficult to "monetize" such an obscure thing as an hour long lecture on Satanism (much less two of them). It's bad enough people don't read anymore, but they can't even sit still to listen to a lecture for an hour.
And the potential audience is so small anyway.
Though I've gotten a lot of support and great feedback from Satanists, so far the first lecture has been viewed only about 8,000 times. This is in a world of 7 billion people, with 2 billion having some sort of access to the internet.
8,000 views is great relative to your _average_ YouTube user, but it's paltry compared to what should be a much larger potential audience.
I am planning to shoot, next year, a series of videos that are more "YouTube friendly". I've put a lot of money into audio/video gear (just bought a second camera at $800), so hopefully if it comes to fruition I'll see something get some real traction.

#466178 - 12/15/11 07:51 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
I am planning to shoot, next year, a series of videos that are more "YouTube friendly". I've put a lot of money into audio/video gear (just bought a second camera at $800), so hopefully if it comes to fruition I'll see something get some real traction.

I am looking forward to your future projects! Thanks for the response. By the way it'd be neat if you could do an audio book because you have a real talent for speaking so clearly. Just throwing ideas out there.

#466184 - 12/15/11 10:02 PM Re: "What is Satanic?" An excerpt from "The Great Satan" lecture... [Re: MrSlaughter]
Mr. Dodge Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Yes, keep us updated. HS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements