Topic Options
#467754 - 01/10/12 03:29 PM Introducing....
Circathinks Offline

Greetings all,

Not sure where to begin. I've only lurked these forums for a day or two now, as well as reading things on the CoS site. And I'm thoroughly impressed and intrigued by what i've read and want more i want to learn. There's ALOT of questions i have in regards to the "Society" of the CoS. Some of which have been answered through posts i've read along with essays. It might be dumb of me registering and even bothering with questions without fully reading a "hard copy" of the Satanic Bible but i have a digital copy that looks pretty dead on to what i've seen advertised on Amazon.

I'll add Cliffs to the end of this wall of text for those of you who dont care to read.

About me: I'm 23 years old in the IT field. Happily married for only a year now. Got interested in Satanism simply by reading up on different philosophies about life, how to live ect. Never grew up around religion, went to church a couple times and laughed at the jibberish that was spoken. Dad always questioned religion since i was a kid, had very high ranking priests/priestests/chiefs come talk to him heard some the conversations and always been just as interested. I believe highly in the we are own Gods, and what we do is on us. We can only exceed as far as we're willing to push. I remain silent in the fact that im interested in the Church to other people because of misjudgments and other hoopla!

Some questions I do have in regards to the church. Why exactly is everything seem so dark and "evil" about Satanism, if its based solely on ones OWN Person, and this may or may not be ignorant for me to ask, but are we subject to conform to this "darkness" of becoming Satanist? Im not saying it should be rainbows and flowers. Just some insight is all im asking.

That's all i got for now. I look forward to learn more from everyone here.

Cliffs: Im new.
I have questions.
Thanks.

P.S. I apologize in advance for my lack of punctuation.

#467755 - 01/10/12 03:54 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: Circathinks]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Some questions I do have in regards to the church. Why exactly is everything seem so dark and "evil" about Satanism, if its based solely on ones OWN Person, and this may or may not be ignorant for me to ask, but are we subject to conform to this "darkness" of becoming Satanist? Im not saying it should be rainbows and flowers. Just some insight is all im asking.<<

I don't bother with all that myself. I'm not even much of a fan of horror films. I much prefer Laurel & Hardy and The Marx Brothers.

I have no idea why some people subscribe to contrived "evil" posturing. Bugs Bunny is more evil than they are.

So no, there is no obligation to be subject to it at all. But some enjoy the imagery. I have no idea why.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#467756 - 01/10/12 04:09 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Circathinks Offline

thanks for insight on this! I mean from what i read from the CoS website there's people in the Church who are ranked high who dont want to be named, and remain "underground" which is understandable in today's society, but i was just curious if a "true" satanist had to conform to it or not!

i just purchased a hard copy of the Satanic Bible from amazon as well, just to have a hard copy of it.

another question regarding rituals and magics... in my own personal belief i dont believe in all the rituals/hex and sorts, i mean i believe in the science of psychology and how you guys seem to word things is "magic" IS the use of psychology/sociology to control things? Is this true? Or do satanist actually believe they are invoking some type of power? Not trying to harass just curious.

#467757 - 01/10/12 04:17 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: Circathinks]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> another question regarding rituals and magics... in my own personal belief i dont believe in all the rituals/hex and sorts, i mean i believe in the science of psychology and how you guys seem to word things is "magic" IS the use of psychology/sociology to control things? Is this true? Or do satanist actually believe they are invoking some type of power? Not trying to harass just curious. <<

No power outside of one's self. No. There are no demons and devils.

In the case of the ritual aspect of Satanism, not all of us use the same "demonic" trappings. Some of us have imaginations.

But for now, don't run before you can walk. grin

It's a journey. Enjoy taking it in. Satanism requires study, as it is said. There is no rush. Magic and ritual confuses many people to begin with. Just start with the Satanic Bible and see how it sits with you after you have read it. Most people read it many times, of course. The depths of the mind are fathomless. It's a journey of self.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#467758 - 01/10/12 04:17 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: Circathinks]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are encouraged to read The Satanic Bible first so as to obtain a rudimentary idea of Satanic Magic. Doing that is the minimum required to understand Satanism, and is imperative before posting questions that can be answered by some reading.

Your question has been asked before, many, many times. Here are a few examples.

http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=463342#Post463342

http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=401225&an=

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#467881 - 01/13/12 08:30 AM Re: Introducing.... [Re: Circathinks]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Circathinks
It might be dumb of me registering and even bothering with questions without fully reading a "hard copy" of the Satanic Bible but i have a digital copy that looks pretty dead on to what i've seen advertised on Amazon.

The Satanic Bible is a copyrighted work, and as such, electronic copies are illegal. Never mind the fact that they're usually incomplete, or edited, or (given some file formats) sometimes containing viruses put there by malicious self-righteous types.

So yes, do yourself a favor and buy a physical copy so that you can formerly learn about the topic. In this day and age of the internet, it's ridiculously easy and cheap to order The Satanic Bible for yourself on Amazon.com.

Quote:
Some questions I do have in regards to the church. Why exactly is everything seem so dark and "evil" about Satanism,

The dark aesthetic you often see just comes with the territory. There are good reasons why it's called "Satanism". I won't bother to go into detail right now, since this is adequately explained already in The Satanic Bible.

Quote:
if its based solely on ones OWN Person,

Satanism is not "based solely on ones own person". Satanism isn't as simple as "be yourself", because for most people, being themselves doesn't end up reflecting Satanic philosophy at all. Some people are counter-productive empaths, criminals, junkies, prudes, etc. Satanists are certainly individually focused on furthering their own material goals, enjoying their own subjective ideas of indulgence, etc., but there are still principles we have in common, and that's what led us to finding the mutually accurate name of "Satanist" in the first place.

Quote:
and this may or may not be ignorant for me to ask, but are we subject to conform to this "darkness" of becoming Satanist?

You mean aesthetically? Obviously not.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#467882 - 01/13/12 08:32 AM Re: Introducing.... [Re: Circathinks]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Circathinks
i mean i believe in the science of psychology and how you guys seem to word things is "magic" IS the use of psychology/sociology to control things? Is this true? Or do satanist actually believe they are invoking some type of power?

What makes you assume the two have to be mutually exclusive? If I'm exerting my will and getting the results I want, then to me that sure sounds like "some type of power". I'm also under no obligation to rationalize my subjective experiences in an objective way; it's my view that people who feel compelled to do so are missing the point.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12162 Members
73 Forums
43921 Topics
405743 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements