Topic Options
#467897 - 01/13/12 02:54 PM anybody else from the UK
UKsatanist Offline

Loc: united kingdom
Hi,

I was just wandering if there is anybody else on here from the UK?

Satanism and most of the literature along with website, seem to be focused primarily on and in the U.S, there is from what i can find, limited the is UK focused, are the CoS based only in America, or is there a UK group?

#467898 - 01/13/12 03:02 PM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

There are CoS members in the UK, but we don't put non-members in contact with members.

There is only one organization. While it is based in the U.S., there are members living in many other countries.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#467904 - 01/13/12 05:08 PM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
UKsatanist Offline

Hi LKRice,
Im aware you dont put non-members in touch with members, especially considering that anybody could have any kind of twisted intentions!

This is yet another thing i respect about satanism, people are promised confidentiality, and they get it!

(I would like to say at this point, i only asked out of curiosity...)

Is the CoS as a whole as active in the UK as it is in the US?

#467912 - 01/14/12 01:06 AM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Is the CoS as a whole as active in the UK as it is in the US? <<

The population of the UK is 70 Million. The population in America is 307 Million. By percentages alone, it stands to reason there are more CoS members in the USA.

But there are many of us here in England, yes. And many who do not visit these forums.

#467931 - 01/14/12 03:32 AM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
UKsatanist Offline

I agree, it does stand to reason...

Although i read somewhere (can not remember where) that in the last Census only around 1.4 thousand people declared themself as Satanist, in a population of 70 million plus, that really seems very few.

#467964 - 01/14/12 11:08 AM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> in the last Census only around 1.4 thousand people declared themself as Satanist, in a population of 70 million plus, that really seems very few.<<

What else would you expect? Satanism isn't intended for the great unwashed.

#467968 - 01/14/12 12:11 PM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: UKsatanist
Although i read somewhere (can not remember where) that in the last Census only around 1.4 thousand people declared themself as Satanist, in a population of 70 million plus, that really seems very few.

Well how high were you expecting it to be? Think of the average people you meet in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter. How many of them do you really think embrace even the most basic Satanic principles like critical thinking, intelligence, and self-responsibility, let alone get around to reading and understanding The Satanic Bible? As Reverend Drake pointed out, Satanism isn't a religion for the masses.

Even aside from that fact, I'm always wary about any claimed statistical figures on Satanism. Satanists typically don't reveal their religious affiliation publicly, let alone to complete strangers off-line. And although I'm sure the UK census is more professional and accurate than most other independently done sampling polls, there are some really terribly done polls out there that don't take things like sampling bias into account. Even so, if almost 400,000 people can declare their religion as "Jedi" on the UK census, then how reliable can such a census be for the religion demographic?

The biggest problem I see here though is that you don't even have a source for this information. For all I know it could be some number that a tween on the internet decided to make up.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#467969 - 01/14/12 12:42 PM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
UKsatanist Offline

Hi Bill_M

I will try and find the info again and post it up here.

And in terms of people not embracing the most basic principles, i agree, the general population of the UK are selfish, small minded, me me me people....people whom are governed by hypocritical fools, and look to these fools to run our country, the majority of the UKs population are like sheep, foolishly following the comands of people whom clain to have "god" speaking through them, following the comands of people who claim to do things the correct way, when they are unable to evidence their theory behind their so called "logic", the general UK are blind to reality and continue to live in a world of order, comand, and hypocrasy.

#467971 - 01/14/12 01:05 PM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: UKsatanist
And in terms of people not embracing the most basic principles, i agree, the general population of the UK are selfish,

Back up there for a moment. Selfishness is a Satanic virtue. There's nothing inherently wrong with being selfish. It's only natural to put one's own best interests first. Being myopic however is another story.

Quote:
the majority of the UKs population are like sheep,

Well there you have it, then. wink

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#467979 - 01/14/12 02:51 PM Re: anybody else from the UK [Re: UKsatanist]
UKsatanist Offline

I didnt mean selfish as in putting ones self before others, i should have elaborated, my intention within the comment was selfish as in, they think the world owes them a favour and everything should be handed to them on a plate...

Sorry, i really should have elaborated my intention.

Forum Stats
12024 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405256 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements