Topic Options
#468383 - 01/22/12 05:01 PM Yackety Sax: A Satanic Look at Addiction Recovery Services
wolfzangel Offline

I work in the social services, specifically chemical dependency; mine is an entry level position that I've decided is a comfortable place to earn my living as I figure out what direction I'd like to go to establish myself professionally and financially. May I add that I love night shift jobs; I get paid ten dollars an hour and receive health benefits to read things that interest me and goof off on the internet all night long. Suck it down, my short-sighted burger flipping friends! smile Occasionally I will attempt to piss a little wisdom someone's way only to have it all fly back in my face, if I may use such a vulgar expression, but all in all it's a pretty good niche for a young person without professional accreditation.

It is a sardonically amusing field in which to work in if you possess a materialistic, Satanic worldview; despite our state Supreme Court deeming Alcoholics Anonymous and other "12-step" programs religious in nature, ergo it being unconstitutional to mandate participation in these programs and despite their questionable efficacy in reforming and drunkard and the addict, few alternatives remain. The reason for this is quite intuitive: as Mr. Redbeard, Satan rest his soul, has said, "God chose the foolish things of the world, the things that are despised. Nothing else would have anything to do with him." I have reconciled my limited participation and unwilling support of these programs by acknowledging my limited ability and willingness to commit to removing this deeply enmeshed system of thought and the fact that when you get down to the nitty-gritty truth, this job is just a paycheck. That our program uses more efficacious therapeutic systems like Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy and Schema Therapy also soothes my conscience.

Now I'd ask people reading this to consider something for a moment. What possesses a person to want to pursue a career dealing with the lowest common denominator of people: drug addicts, criminals, prostitutes, damaged goods, irresponsible jackasses and unfortunate victims of cruel, hard fate? In their writings, Satanists seem to enjoy employing the expression "teaching pigs to sing". To be a drug counselor is to be a state certified chorus teacher of swine.

In my anecdotal experience although each person supposedly differs in their motivations and despite there being "more things between heaven and earth than are dreamt of in my philosophy" there are certain archetypes I've noticed when sizing up my fellow working stiffs. These are but a few types of therapist archetypes:

Train wreck - One of the more common species of therapist with many sub-varieties, the train wreck embodies the psychological concept of compensation. The train wreck hopes that in helping others they will find the solutions to deal with to their own self-perceived inadequacies. Prone to being book smart and occasional flashes of insight, but also quite prone to violating policy and getting your drug rehab cited for code violations by state inspectors, getting into traffic accidents while driving company vehicles, and just being an all-around fuck up. Sometimes noticable by their bloodshot eyes from their not-so-covert marijuana addiction and weekend warrior alcohol binges. Accreditation varies widely, ranging from the bare minimum needed to get the position all the way to two or three Ph.D merit badges framed on the walls of their offices.

The Embodiment of Venus - Mommy will kiss you and make it better. These therapists have a deep-rooted need to make their clients a part of her ever-growing extended family. Sometimes useful therapeutically when a client lacks social supports, sometimes prone to being manipulated by her criminal clientele into getting around the rules. Almost always a sweet old lady, occasionally smothering. Education varies, frequently a connoisseur and employer of saccharine self-help books.

The Embodiment of Mars - You've been a bad boy or girl and the Martian Mistress wants you to suffer! These people really 'ought to consider changing careers as some of the women who fit this bill could make many times the income they currently do by dressing up in leather and spanking old men with a paddle while the pussy-whipped chumps pay her hundreds of dollars an hour for the privilege of doing her laundry for her.

The Snakeoil Saleslady - These people come in two flavors, those conscious of what they are doing and those who believe their own bullshit. The former is a manipulator of men who loves fucking with people, occasionally causing drama bombs and eroding client confidence in the therapeutic profession and feeding into their street culture and cynicism. The latter frequently overlaps with Train wreck archetype. Fuck you people and to hell with your Dalai Lama and Sylvia Brown books, you spacey occultnik hacks! Christian sub-type overlaps considerably with The Embodiment of Mars or Venus.

Competent Therapists - A very rare breed indeed, these people fulfill their psychological needs in their own personal lives and are rarely if ever are susceptible to transference and counter-transference with their clients. Slight overlap with Embodiment of Venus or Mars archetype. Usually found in positions of authority in clinical organizations. Usually educated, smart enough to employ good manners even when criticizing to make the audience receptive although not afraid to give it out with both barrels when dealing with incompetence or stupidity. Excellent business sense and good interpersonal boundaries. My boss is a good example. My lovely, sexy boss; a pity you are both married and likely uninterested in young, unaccomplished men. I will continue to politely worship you from afar!

Edited by wolfzangel (01/22/12 05:42 PM)

#468398 - 01/22/12 09:34 PM Re: Yackety Sax: A Satanic Look at Addiction Recovery Services [Re: wolfzangel]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Ha! Damn good read. grin

This was really pleasantly unexpected. Can't really relate to your temp job solution, I find some of that damaged crew very distressing, but I like your pragmatic perspective and totally dig how you eagle-eye everyone. You're like some ninja taxonomist with those categories. cool

If you haven't read it already you might really enjoy Magus Gilmore's The Satanic Scriptures. Reading this reminded me of something he said about Satanists always choosing to be counted among the clever. wink
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#468401 - 01/22/12 10:15 PM Re: Yackety Sax: A Satanic Look at Addiction Recovery Services [Re: wolfzangel]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: wolfzangel
That our program uses more efficacious therapeutic systems like Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy and Schema Therapy also soothes my conscience.

Word! smile

Quote:
To be a drug counselor is to be a state certified chorus teacher of swine.

A low motivation, low insight population, shall we say wink.

In my anecdotal experience although each person supposedly differs in their motivations and despite there being "more things between heaven and earth than are dreamt of in my philosophy" there are certain archetypes I've noticed when sizing up my fellow working stiffs. These are but a few types of therapist archetypes:

Quote:
Train wreck - One of the more common species of therapist with many sub-varieties, the train wreck embodies the psychological concept of compensation.

They take "physician, heal thyself" a little too literally!

Interestingly, I know a few Train Wrecks who're pretty amazing at compartmentalization.

Quote:
The Embodiment of Venus - Mommy will kiss you and make it better. These therapists have a deep-rooted need to make their clients a part of her ever-growing extended family. Sometimes useful therapeutically when a client lacks social supports, sometimes prone to being manipulated by her criminal clientele into getting around the rules. Almost always a sweet old lady, occasionally smothering. Education varies, frequently a connoisseur and employer of saccharine self-help books.

Goes without saying, they have a very positive view of human nature.

Quote:
The Embodiment of Mars - You've been a bad boy or girl and the Martian Mistress wants you to suffer! These people really 'ought to consider changing careers as some of the women who fit this bill could make many times the income they currently do by dressing up in leather and spanking old men with a paddle while the pussy-whipped chumps pay her hundreds of dollars an hour for the privilege of doing her laundry for her.

I actually don't know anyone who fits this archetype! Got any good stories?

I know darkly funny, deeply cynical "Dr. House" types who generally either work in forensics or with floridly psychotic people, and think human beings are rotten, stupid, crazy pieces of shit, though.

Quote:
The Snakeoil Saleslady - These people come in two flavors, those conscious of what they are doing and those who believe their own bullshit. The former is a manipulator of men who loves fucking with people, occasionally causing drama bombs and eroding client confidence in the therapeutic profession and feeding into their street culture and cynicism. The latter frequently overlaps with Train wreck archetype. Fuck you people and to hell with your Dalai Lama and Sylvia Brown books, you spacey occultnik hacks! Christian sub-type overlaps considerably with The Embodiment of Mars or Venus.

I want stories (or at least, juicy details wink ).

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#468402 - 01/23/12 12:56 AM Re: Yackety Sax: A Satanic Look at Addiction Recovery Services [Re: wolfzangel]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Yes, an interesting post that I enjoyed reading. Which I didn't expect.

My own involvement with the lowest common denominators of society on a non-professional level has always been a source to draw upon for my writing. Some of the most interesting, intelligent people I have ever met have been fuck-ups.

My own observation is that no matter how strong a person professes to be, life can break anyone in the end. Only experience teaches a person this. The difference is how we deal with it. Which leads me to one of my favourite maxims from Charles Bukowski: what matters most is how well we walk through the fire.

#468403 - 01/23/12 01:12 AM Re: Yackety Sax: A Satanic Look at Addiction Recovery Services [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Drake_Bamboozle

My own observation is that no matter how strong a person professes to be, life can break anyone in the end. Only experience teaches a person this. The difference is how we deal with it. Which leads me to one of my favourite maxims from Charles Bukowski: what matters most is how well we walk through the fire.

Absolutely.

We often can't choose what happens to us, or how those events change our bodies or our minds, but--as long as we possess even a spark of Self--we can choose who we will become, and what we will learn as a result.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements