Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#466123 - 12/14/11 10:59 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: Delta]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I agree with both sides. It's good to know you fucked up the rapist but it's even better to shoot them all and run like hell.

#466124 - 12/14/11 11:07 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Agreed.

#466142 - 12/15/11 07:06 AM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: StabAvery]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
It seems like the closer you get to the equator the more viscous nature is, there are bugs that can kill you, giant reptiles that can swallow you whole, and now the rubbers even have teeth!

All kidding aside, when these hit the U.S. I wonder how many revenge cases we hear of women "getting even" like the Bobbit case.

#466205 - 12/16/11 08:30 AM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: Quaark]
Herr_S Offline

Loc: Mordor
Originally Posted By: Daark
This device was designed for women at risk of rape in South Africa, which usually involves gangs of teenagers in areas with zero police presence.

Once rapist A has been taken out, what do you think his buddies are going to do?

It is a very bad idea, although well intentioned.

Once again. What's stopping them from doing anything even if you haven't taken out rapist A?

This makes me think of satanic sin #3.

#468546 - 01/25/12 12:11 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: StabAvery]
wolfzangel Offline

There was an issue of Not Like Most that had several copyright diagrams of another version of this thing that had a spring-loaded needle that jammed into the rapist's dick.

As has already been said, while interesting it would probably just cause more deaths and STD infections but I like the theory behind it.

#468552 - 01/25/12 02:44 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: StabAvery]
Happy Birthday Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
I do agree in part. There is no way to prevent all circumstances, but it is progress nonetheless. But the real problem, like you stated, is the lack of their government giving a shit. Until they do start enforcing their laws (or someone imposes law enforcement on them), it will not end.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#468628 - 01/27/12 07:43 AM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: StabAvery]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Call me a cynic... but doesn't that, uh, thing deserve a favourable mentioning in this list?

#468637 - 01/27/12 01:45 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: StabAvery]
JDBones Offline

I also agree with a part of both opinions but the first thing that came to my mind when I read about it was what would happen if a guy's girlfriend gets mad at him or just gets crazy one day - this could hurt not only rapists but innocent men as well. Makes me think it's dangerous in that way. Plus, how a girl knows it would be exactly here and tonight someone would try and rape her - would they wear this thing constantly... or even forget to take it off before going in bed with the husband? smile

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

#468656 - 01/27/12 10:33 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: XUL]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Originally Posted By: XUL
Call me a cynic... but doesn't that, uh, thing deserve a favourable mentioning in this list?

Myself being a realist. Anyone that thinks that buying any of those things to defend yourself in California forget it. You would more likely spend more time in prison for owning such things than anyone that attacks you. There are things perfectly legal to own in Mexico that are a felony to own in California that anyone can buy on revolution avenue in Tijuana.

Much of the time here the laws are to protect the criminal element from the general public. That is because the fools here elect people that believe that it is more of a crime to harm a criminal in the act, than for someone to protect themselves and their family.

#468661 - 01/27/12 11:36 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: Pablovilla]
JDBones Offline

Dear paul_r,

I kinda like your signature - it made me think smile
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result - Ben Franklin"

So, this would certainly mean that as an artist I'm insane. For example, everyday during the last two weeks I've tried to paint a human knee joint properly 'cause right now I'm in the process of studying human anatomy and trying to incorporate that knowledge in my drawing experience. The first time the result wasn't to my satisfaction, that's why I kept on doing it over and over again with the expectation that each time it would be better - and guess what? It was getting better and better with each try smile So, I by all means don't mean to be offensive towards what Mr. Franklin said, but my conclusion would be that after all what he would refer to as "insanity" is not a bad thing at all. smile

#468662 - 01/27/12 11:41 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: JDBones]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

To clarify, what Franklin was referring to is doing the same thing over and over without variation.

In other words, tossing a coin in a bucket of water over and over, and expecting it to float at some point.

While you may have been drawing over and over, you incorporated changes into your technique, achieving a better result, therefore, you were not doing the exact same thing over and over.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#468669 - 01/28/12 04:16 AM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: JDBones]
One Man Army Offline

Loc: Beyond Understanding...
The process you described here is progress. You learn from your mistakes - previous tries - and add a bit more of the wisdom(experience) gained during painting over and over to the following try, which can appear to be the final one, for you achieved your goal. With other words - see here evolution.

The insanity mentioned by Franklin is the one based on the false belief that "this time it's gonna be different", while no efforts are made to condition this difference.

To be honest, I wouldn't call this insanity. This is Stupidity and Self-deceit. Insanity can be a great source of inspiration and something named insane by many can simply appear to distinguish from what is expected and counted normal at the historical point.

I heard people saying Salvador Dali was insane just because they do not have enough intelligence to understand his art. Hell, some simple-minded folks called me insane, because I "deal with those strange and devilish things". If being insane means being different from the zombie-mass walking the streets, I say - Let us all be insane and enjoy it!

Ave Satanas!

The rules may be theirs, but the game is always mine.

"A wise man with one eye sees more, than a fool with both." - Odin, the One-Eyed God.

#468703 - 01/28/12 05:09 PM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: StabAvery]
JDBones Offline

I guess you both guys make a point. Anyway... maybe we're deviating from the main topic here, but what One Man Army said made me think of the fact that people often call me "insane" as well - most of them say it in a positive way (but they still mean it) and I'm kinda flattered because what they actually want to say is "he's different in a way that we like".

But it is also often when people who don't know me well disapprove of my behavior and/or principles - most of them can't accept the fact that I would state my position so straight forward. They kinda consider it an insult to their beliefs and personality when someone would say what they think in a direct way without trying to make it sound what they would call "softer". But again, it's their problem and I guess we're talking about "stupid" people (which is 90% of the population on the planet), so maybe they don't even deserve being mentioned any more? smile

#468756 - 01/29/12 05:19 AM Re: Answering back to Rape [Re: JDBones]
One Man Army Offline

Loc: Beyond Understanding...
Originally Posted By: JDBones
They kinda consider it an insult to their beliefs and personality when someone would say what they think in a direct way without trying to make it sound what they would call "softer".

Exactly, this is typical for most of the 'common' religions - "Who thinks different from us, thinks against us." Everything a Christian cannot understand from a Christian point of view comes from the Devil to mislead him and test his faith. That is the main idea.

But, when I come across such situations, I still make their beliefs work against them: if the Devil tests your faith and makes you believe in your lord even more, then the Devil actually provides you his services - without charges! This brings to the idea, that one should be thankful to the Devil for 'making the faith stronger', which leads to doubts. And doubts are thoughts that provoke disbelief. I had my doubts about God, when I was a Christian, and they brought me to atheism and Satanism.

Originally Posted By: JDBones
But again, it's their problem and I guess we're talking about "stupid" people (which is 90% of the population on the planet), so maybe they don't even deserve being mentioned any more? smile

Which is 99% of the planet. The number of intelligent individuals remains almost the same throughout the history, but the global population is growing.

The rules may be theirs, but the game is always mine.

"A wise man with one eye sees more, than a fool with both." - Odin, the One-Eyed God.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements