Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#469542 - 02/08/12 03:16 PM Re: Satanism as a Philosophy vs. Satanism as a Religion (capital R) [Re: LordofDarkness]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
Originally Posted By: Janina
Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
Originally Posted By: Sir Schwarzweise
I mean, you probably heard this many times:"So, you Satanists worship the Devil, huh?" And then you start explaining you haven't sold your soul to a horned'n'cloven-hoofed monstrosity, what overloads the simple mind of the one asking.

Oh, I have! smile

Well I have heard this many times and my answer is always the same. I do not worship anything smile

I don┤t feel any need to explain anything for any people cause I don┤t feel I owe them any explanation..

Reasonable enough.

It gives them a chance to look for the explanation themselves if they want it bad enough.

Yes, that┤s truth, but after all these Christian people whom I meet are not actually interested to hear my answers anyway. They already have their view based on prejudices against the Satanism.

Of course I can tell them that Church of Satan do not allow sacrificing animals or that Satanists do not worship Christian Devil, but all they are interested is still dismiss my religion, not to understand it.

I feel that I do not have to hide Satanism, I am not shame about it, but proud. and I will not loose any discussions with Christian cause I can use my brains also not just dead letters. My strategy still is to let my actions to speak by themselves. If somebody ask I may tell about Satanism and do it proudly but I feel no need to advertise it in the streets like some Jehovah┤s Witnesses do. To me Satanism is after all action in this moment.

I am not interested about this Heavy Metal style "shock FX Satanism" what teenagers practice with their gothic make ups and upside down crosses. To me Satanism is something deeper and more personal. It is my religion and my Magical tool for ritualized use, but also it is lifestyle which I did not choose to carry, I just am this way naturally.

Edited by Janina (02/08/12 03:44 PM)

#469587 - 02/09/12 05:13 AM Re: Satanism as a Philosophy vs. Satanism as a Religion (capital R) [Re: LordofDarkness]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

Loc: Hic et Nunc
I think this 'collision' with people, who are still not aware - in spite of all the information available - of facts that seem to us (and actually are) obvious and can be perfectly explained and proved, is just something we have to deal with throughout our lives, because I doubt (until proven wrong, of course wink ) that the herd will change and wake up in a wonderful morning as truly wise beings.

"I do not believe in re-education of others. Only believe in yourself, even if others think you're insane." A.Einstein

The correction came just in time - I was about to mention this term in a writing I am working on within the framework of my study of philosophy. I am glad the minds gathered here are generous enough to spend there time on those who are still gaining the needed wisdom.

#469752 - 02/12/12 02:46 AM Re: Satanism as a Philosophy vs. Satanism as a Religion (capital R) [Re: Samyaza]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
Originally Posted By: Samyaza
I meant that as a belief in a supernatural power, likewise with magic, magic caused through some supernatural means, and by supernatural, I don't just mean something we can't explain, I mean from some "higher power".

What makes you think that magic has got to do with some higher power? It might have a lot more to do with the practitioner than you think.

Do some re-reading, I think you'll answer your own questions.

#480543 - 09/14/12 05:24 PM Re: Satanism as a Philosophy vs. Satanism as a Religion (capital R) [Re: Samyaza]
Cain Smith Offline

I'm studying social anthropology and to me religion is:
The appropriation and interpretation of determined simbols that are considered as sacred.
In the case of satanism the sacred symbol is Satan that represents other sacred simbols like liberty or individualism. coopdevil

#480564 - 09/15/12 02:12 AM Re: Satanism as a Philosophy vs. Satanism as a Religion (capital R) [Re: Cain Smith]
mercfocus Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Satanism is both philosophy and religion at the same time depending on how I apply it to me personnaly.

The religion part I am still studying on. It was the philosophy that attracted me to the religion. For the last ten years, I treated the word religion like any other "bad word" like prayer, faith, god, racial slurs, and anything else I learned to hate.

When I came across the SB less than a month ago, I found a philosophy that matched my thoughts perfectly. Then I found this on pg 26 of the Satanic Rituals:
"Many people who never conceptualized their personal philosophies discover that the principles of Satanism are an unequalled vehicle for their thoughts; hence the title of "Satanist" is now being claimed by its rightful owners."

That sentence reminds me of my tools in my garage before I got my 6ft tall Craftsman roll-away tool box. Before, all my tools were scattered every where and sometimes difficult to keep organized or even find sometimes. This was my lifes philosophies at one time: very unorganized but complete and able to deal with most things. When I got that tool box (the SB) everything became more organized and in better focus and most importantly - more efficient.

The religion part of it has given me that necassary "filler" to keep all the crap out and keep everything inside better organized.

It's because of the philosophy that I can now accept religion as a word worth saying again. I have finally found that symbolism that I have always needed to fight off a god fearing world.

#480567 - 09/15/12 05:41 AM Re: Satanism as a Philosophy vs. Satanism as a Religion (capital R) [Re: mercfocus]
Cain Smith Offline

Quote:
Satanism is both philosophy and religion at the same time depending on how I apply it to me personnaly

If we define something as "religion" then by reaction we're talking about "a philosophy".
The philosophy itself is not a religion but all religions implies a philosophy grin

#480586 - 09/15/12 12:36 PM Re: Satanism as a Philosophy vs. Satanism as a Religion (capital R) [Re: mercfocus]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: mercfocus
Satanism is both philosophy and religion at the same time depending on how I apply it to me personnaly.

The religion part I am still studying on. It was the philosophy that attracted me to the religion. For the last ten years, I treated the word religion like any other "bad word" like prayer, faith, god, racial slurs, and anything else I learned to hate.

When I came across the SB less than a month ago, I found a philosophy that matched my thoughts perfectly. Then I found this on pg 26 of the Satanic Rituals:
"Many people who never conceptualized their personal philosophies discover that the principles of Satanism are an unequalled vehicle for their thoughts; hence the title of "Satanist" is now being claimed by its rightful owners."

That sentence reminds me of my tools in my garage before I got my 6ft tall Craftsman roll-away tool box. Before, all my tools were scattered every where and sometimes difficult to keep organized or even find sometimes. This was my lifes philosophies at one time: very unorganized but complete and able to deal with most things. When I got that tool box (the SB) everything became more organized and in better focus and most importantly - more efficient.

The religion part of it has given me that necassary "filler" to keep all the crap out and keep everything inside better organized.

It's because of the philosophy that I can now accept religion as a word worth saying again. I have finally found that symbolism that I have always needed to fight off a god fearing world.

Bravo!

Hail Satan!
coopdevil
WTI
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#480587 - 09/15/12 12:53 PM Re: Satanism as a Philosophy vs. Satanism as a Religion (capital R) [Re: Samyaza]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I don't understand why this thread is still going. The original poster hasn't been here for over 6 months and seems to have disappeared, without ever answering some of the questions asked back to him. I think Reverend Hagen von Tronje said it best earlier in the thread:

Quote:
The answer is right in The Satanic Bible. Religions have ritual and dogma, philosophies do not. Satanism has both. Satanism obviously has an underlying philosophy, but it is clearly a religion.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements