Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#469758 - 02/12/12 04:17 AM Re: Apologies (un)accepted [Re: StabAvery]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: StabAvery
I have good manners and say things like "sir, mam, and Thank you". If some fool walks into me while I'm shopping with my kid, The first thing that comes out of my mouth is "I'm sorry!, are you OK?". I hold doors for people arriving just behind me (this includes grotesquely fat men as well as beautiful women). I always buy when I am out to eat with others and I always tip exceedingly well.

My physical appearance throws most people off, so it normally comes as doubly a surprise. And I am near famous around here for using the catch phrase, "The Devil is always a perfect gentlemen".

Why on earth would you feel regret for showing common courtesy when you are obviously better than that? If you need to question things like that, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your self confidence. If you run into situations like that quite often, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your presentation.

I think that one should show others the same respect what he is waiting for others to give him. I donīt see Satanism as an excuse for being an asshole to others, but try to allways be friendly and polite to people who I meet. Of course if some one starts pick a fight with me I can be very bitch and ruin their day with rudeness. Still whenever I feel I have done something wrong I say I am sorry, of course. I donīt still ask forgiveness for being myself.

It is far more easier nowadays be mean and close minded than show respect for all the creatures as they are.

Edited by Janina (02/12/12 04:46 AM)

#469766 - 02/12/12 09:32 AM Re: Apologies (un)accepted [Re: AdamBomb]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Cause and effect is the great mediator here.

There are some people who get a stick up their ass when they discover something new, whether that be Satanism, Christianity, or hell I don't know, Scientology even. They start believing they are bullet proof, as if they were the first person in the universe to stumble upon this cool new thing, and it gives them a sense of empowerment. The long and short of this is that some of them flaunt it outwardly when they never did before, all too quick to educate the rest of the world about their new found muse. At the same time, some of them become self righteous pricks who start believing things such as the fact that they are infallible and don't need to apologize when they make a mistake.

But ultimately none of this matters because of cause and effect. Anyone who has any sense will see them for the belligerent cunt they are being, will view them as an arrogant unapologetic swine, and will not want to ever have anything to do with them again.

To answer the query, you don't have to apologize to anyone for anything. You can think you are right all the time and that the rest of the world is wrong. But ultimately, it is people who will make the decision whether you float or sink in this world unless your only ambition is to sit in a dark room typing opinions on a forum. And if you treat people badly, which is what something as simple as refusing to admit your mistakes is doing, they will make sure you fail at each and every turn in your life.

Not because they are jealous, not because they want what you have, and not because they are petty or vengeful; simply because nobody likes an asshole, and its really, really fun to pull their pants around their ankles and chuck a pie in their face.

#469768 - 02/12/12 11:01 AM Re: Apologies (un)accepted [Re: TheDegenerate]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
Well put TheDegenerate, I would also like to add that I am out in a small town and around here not showing proper respect (even if it is warranted)could really cost you. Some of these gigantic farm boys might not understand your quick wit and just punch your teeth into the back of your throat simply out of ignorance. It pays to present yourself well.

#469774 - 02/12/12 01:02 PM Re: Apologies (un)accepted [Re: AdamBomb]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
If you accidentally bump into somebody, miss an appointment or an obligation, or make an honest mistake otherwise, then in such a case it'll never hurt to give a sincere apology.

If, however, someone is being a complete asshole towards you (i.e. making unnecessary demands, badgering you for things you have no control over) without demonstrating any consideration towards your end, then that person doesn't deserve an apology.

Being overapologetic is a waste of time, energy, and dignity.

#470010 - 02/15/12 08:43 PM Re: Apologies (un)accepted [Re: AdamBomb]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Here's my opinion:

Apologies with sincerity and a follow up action to reinforce the sincerity can solve problems.

Being overly apologetic, lack the sincerity, and/or the follow up action will damage your credibility and ultimately destroy your chances of a solution thus worsening the problem.

Saying you're sorry, in my opinion, is not necessarily ruled out of Satanism. Just the habit of constantly saying it is.

It brings me back to looking at the Counterproductive Pride, Sin #8.

Quote:
8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

Edited by LordofDarkness (02/15/12 08:52 PM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43641 Topics
404158 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements