Topic Options
#471194 - 03/10/12 12:22 AM Wedding vow assistance
Waterfay48 Offline

My friends are handfasting this may. They both have been together 18 years and share a teen child. The delimma, groom is satanic, bride pagan of faerie faith. She's having trouble with vows. I'm unfamiliar with the rites of satanism, as I too am pagan.

I love them both, they both love me and have asked for my help with vows. My belief is to not choose one belief over the other but to combine them so both religions are brought into the ceremony. I want both of my friends equal in happiness.

So I'm here asking anyone who's of writing talent or high ordained who can assist me in writing up a ceremony intertwining both religions for my friends.

It's a sort of good faerie/bad faerie themed wedding. I plan to have an alter mixed with both religions. Black candles for him w/1 red. A Prophomet will be hung on the west side of the ceremonial trellis for the groom. A Queen Faerie on the East side for the bride.

So I need a ceremonial ritual for the clergy which reflects both sides. Can anyone help?

#471196 - 03/10/12 12:47 AM Re: Wedding vow assistance [Re: Waterfay48]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
You already appear to be melding different elements of symbology, so I am unsure what you're struggling with.

Satanists require no sanction from deities or governmental authorities to choose whom they love. For this reason any ceremony would be highly personalised.

Our High Priest Peter H. Gilmore does outline the basic format of a Satanic wedding ceremony in his book, The Satanic Scriptures.

I wouldn't post the whole thing up here but as an idea that you could blend in, you could begin by calling upon some of the Infernal Names associated with lust - Baphomet, Moloch, Ishtar, Bast, Pan, Mammon.

Satanists' do not necessarily make their vows "forever" but rather for as long as happiness prevails.

Your fairy-faith (whatever that is!?!) friend may not like that aspect of a Satanic ceremony. So I'd leave any symbology alluding to that out, if I were you.

I mean really, no one can advise you accurately. It's down to the two individuals.

I would say it's just a case of merging symbology, doesn't your Satanist groom friend have any stipulations he'd like to see implemented? Can't you ask him?

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406037 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements