Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#471545 - 03/17/12 03:31 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
Jack X Offline

Loc: Iowa, United States
I have had one near-death experience, and I can’t remember saying anything. I don’t even remember screaming, which is odd.

It’s a long story, but let is suffice to say that I fell off of a cliff/outcropping (it was about 75 feet...I went back and got a good estamite...but it sounds better if I call it a cliff).

They say all is well that ends well and I didn’t die (obviously). In fact I ended up with nothing more than a bunch a stitches, a lot of friction rash, hydrocodone and a good story.

As I was going down I was certain that I was going to die (and by all rights I should have). There was a moment of sadness when I thought of loved ones (some of which were watching me fall at the time). After that I went blank…probably because I brained myself pretty good on a log…but I was ok with it. If there was something I could have done to increase my chances of survival I would have done it…but at that point I was pretty much helpless. Death isn’t that scary…It’s just sad…it’s the end.

Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure “Oh shit,” made an appearance as I went over the edge.

If I could chose something to say it would be something along the lines of…”is that it?”

#471556 - 03/17/12 06:12 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

Loc: Hic et Nunc
"So, what's this button for?"

#471558 - 03/17/12 06:29 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#471559 - 03/17/12 06:45 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: tekku]
Sanguinary Offline

Pancho Villa the Mexican Revolutionary general was reputed to have said:

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something”

From Famous Last Words : The Ultimate Collection of Finales and Farewells by Laura Ward and Robert Allen. This is doubtful, given the way he died after receiving nine bullets in the head and chest which tends to make someone not that talkative.

Just reading all the posts there’s a quite a variety of responses from taking the topic seriously to the just-for-fun responses that LightAngel was seeking. Not sure what I’d say but building on from what Woody Allen’s character says in the 1997 movie - Deconstructing Harry:

"The most beautiful words in the English language are not 'I love you,' but 'It's benign.'"

I might go with the epitaph: “But my doctor said it was benign” which could also double up as famous last words, so I’ll go with that.

Not sure if I’m seguing the topic of this thread into another, but the feeling I get is most of us won’t have a chance to utter any famous last words when death comes calling. So to offset the fact that we might not make that pithy quote we’d want to say as we die perhaps our famous last words on an epitaph might do.

Some of the posts referred to immortality so I’ll conclude with another quote from Woody Allen:

“I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.”

Infernal regards

Sanguinary

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

#471566 - 03/17/12 07:38 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: Sanguinary]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Sanguinary

Just reading all the posts there’s a quite a variety of responses from taking the topic seriously to the just-for-fun responses that LightAngel was seeking.

I enjoy reading all the different answers wink

#471572 - 03/17/12 10:24 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
JDBones Offline

"Wait, I forgot my wallet!" laugh

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

#471597 - 03/17/12 08:09 PM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
"Are you going to eat that?"

#471617 - 03/18/12 04:13 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Some great responses here! (Well, aside from the few who needed to chime in just to let us all know how humorless and pretentious they were.)

My last words might be something along the lines of "So finally, the third guy walks up to the bartender and --- [GAG, CROAK] [*flatline*]"

Actually my last words would probably something way more simple, like: "BUS!!"

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#471624 - 03/18/12 04:43 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: LightAngel
Originally Posted By: Janina
Originally Posted By: LightAngel
What do you think your last words will be?!

I know this topic is a little crazy, but what the hell, it's boring if we take ourselves too serious wink

I hope my last words will be something like this ''I lived, as I was''

grin

I´m gonna live forever so you will never hear my last words!

I want to live forever too, but this topic is just for fun, sooooo grin

So in that case my last words would probably be something like "Trust me, I know what I´m doing". cool

Edited by Janina (03/18/12 05:25 AM)

#471633 - 03/18/12 12:59 PM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
AdamBomb Offline

It would totally depend on how I die. If it's a sudden spur of the moment, I may not even say anything. If I know it's coming to me and I feel it any second will come I might say "goodbye" to the whole world.

#471645 - 03/18/12 11:48 PM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
"I bet you a dollar I can jump that."

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#471650 - 03/19/12 02:26 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
"I have video of Obama in college that will change the 2012 election."

#471651 - 03/19/12 05:07 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
Sanguinary Offline

Is this the poisonous spider you were telling me about?

zombie

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1081&bih=620&tbm=isch&tbnid=hKWhaX8Wmv7BJM:&imgrefurl=http://tyrrells.com/blog/2010/11/03/a-sydney-pest-the-funnel-web-spider/&docid=OX3WdkgHGXu_dM&imgurl=http://tyrrells.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/FunnelWebSpider.jpg&w=500&h=398&ei=FwNnT724IeXimAW4wpivCA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=379&sig=113042845107090103543&page=1&tbnh=117&tbnw=150&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=78&ty=46

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

#471659 - 03/19/12 10:29 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: Sanguinary]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Sanguinary
Is this the poisonous spider you were telling me about?

What about "Look that cute little kitty.." smile

Edited by Janina (03/19/12 10:30 AM)

#471663 - 03/19/12 11:06 AM Re: Your last words? [Re: LightAngel]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

"I'm gonna have to see this myself."

That, or "This was made with what, now?"

grin

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404436 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements