Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#473109 - 04/17/12 01:12 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Quaark]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Daark
Why should straights deny gays the joys of divorce, custody battles, greedy lawyers, and alimony?

My thoughts exactly... laugh

#473121 - 04/17/12 04:10 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Psychotherapeut]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Psychotherapeut
Why should straights deny gays the joys of divorce, custody battles, greedy lawyers, and alimony?

My thoughts exactly... laugh

I think Reverend just nailed this topic by his words. I couldn't agree more with you in this!
devilchili

#473129 - 04/17/12 10:44 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: LightAngel]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: LightAngel
I also support gay marriages, but I don't understand why some of them want to get married inside a Christian Church!?

Gay Christians do exist. I don't understand why they'd want to be part of a religion whose canon explicitly condemns their sexual orientation, but I'm sure they have their rationalizations.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#473145 - 04/18/12 08:12 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Bill_M]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Yes they do! - And I do know gay people, and some of them are indeed Christians, but Christianity has always been very homophobic! - So it only brings them pain and chaos inside their minds frown

They will never be really accepted in that religion, because Christianity has nothing to do with love or understanding. - It's based on fear!

#473158 - 04/18/12 10:27 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Janina]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

Universal Unitarians are accepting of homosexuality.

#473162 - 04/18/12 10:53 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Psychotherapeut]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

All five of them.

grin

#473170 - 04/18/12 03:17 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Bill_M]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
Gay Christians do exist. I don't understand why they'd want to be part of a religion whose canon explicitly condemns their sexual orientation, but I'm sure they have their rationalizations.

I do not know personally any gay Catholics but some of them give interviews in newspapers or write blogs on gay websites, talking about their experience and their attitude to the Church. The majority of them are adults who, after a long and painful struggle with their own sexuality, finally accepted themselves as normal healthy and worthy human beings. They stopped regarding their sexual orientation as a sin.

They could not abandon their faith, because, as they say, they would miss the relationship with God and, contrary to what the hierarchy says, God accepts and loves them the way they are. When you love yourself God will love you too and the opinion of others will not be that important. It is easy for a self-confident adult to simply follow his own conscience and ignore the words of priests. They simply take from the Church what suits them and reject the things that they do not agree with. Some would say that it is hypocritical. Well, perhaps, but it is easier than sexual abstinence, which is the only "remedy" that the Church has for them.

There are also some organisations of gay Catholics who try to change the general attitude of the Church hierarchy to gay community, but so far without success. Some priests also belong to these organisations, either because they are homosexual themselves or they have more liberal views. The majority of these people are anonymous because the large part of the Polish society barely puts up with homosexual people.

Unless you live in a very small village where people know each other very well and can "report" you to your parish priest and, as a result, he can refuse to give sacraments to you, it is up to you how you reconcile your beliefs with your life. If a priest does not know you very well, and very few do, everything depends on your conscience. It is mainly your mind that sets you boundaries and says what you can or cannot do.

#473182 - 04/18/12 05:39 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Quaark]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

All five of them.

grin

Ha ha ha ha! Well played! grin

#473192 - 04/18/12 10:45 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: anna]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: anna

I do not know personally any gay Catholics but some of them give interviews in newspapers or write blogs on gay websites, talking about their experience and their attitude to the Church. The majority of them are adults who, after a long and painful struggle with their own sexuality, finally accepted themselves as normal healthy and worthy human beings. They stopped regarding their sexual orientation as a sin.

Instead of just reading blogs, then you should also visit the gay community, because then you will know that MANY gay adults still suffer because of Christianity, one way or the other.

- But I guess males with make-up is too much for you to handle grin *joking*

PS, If you really love yourself, then you will be God in your own life and then you don't need a Christian God to accept you.

Edited by LightAngel (04/18/12 11:37 PM)

#473193 - 04/18/12 10:56 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: LightAngel]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Basically, liberal theologians argue that a)the idea of homosexuality as an orientation or identity is not even a century old, and therefore would not have even occurred to the writers of the Bible; b) the Biblical passages that condemn same-sex sexual activity technically mean to prohibit the sexual and ritual practices of neighboring "heathen" cultures, like the Philistines; and c)Jesus said nothing about gay sex, but had plenty to say about hetero relationships--and, indeed, for the, what, six references to homosexual conduct in the Bible, there are hundreds of references to opposite-sex sexual sins and transgressions.

All of these are perfectly fair and legit arguments, and there are plenty of very gay-friendly churches and even, a few gay-friendly denominations out there, but I'd still have trouble belonging to Christianity, personally. I don't understand quite how Christian gay folks do it, either.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#473195 - 04/18/12 11:06 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: TrojZyr]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
There are also some Catholics who maintain that homosexual love is no sin, only marriage or sex resulting from it. On another level, a homosexual acquaintance of mine one explained to a christian in our crowd that the bible only prohibits a man "laying with" another man, so they only do it from behind or kneeling. This may not constitute a legitimate theological reconciliation, but it did make Jim shoot beer out his nose.

#473196 - 04/18/12 11:14 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: LightAngel]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
They will never be really accepted in that religion, because Christianity has nothing to do with love or understanding. - It's based on fear!

There are already some sects of Christianity that are tolerant of homosexuals. Given that there are literally thousands of different sects of Christianity, it's not really surprising. As homosexuality becomes more and more accepted by society, and homophobia becomes less and less tolerated, I'm sure more sects will give in, especially if they want to keep some numbers. As The Satanic Bible aptly points out, it would hardly be the first time in history that Christianity has tried to "change with the times".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#473199 - 04/19/12 03:05 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
[u][/u]
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

There are already some sects of Christianity that are tolerant of homosexuals. Given that there are literally thousands of different sects of Christianity, it's not really surprising. As homosexuality becomes more and more accepted by society, and homophobia becomes less and less tolerated, I'm sure more sects will give in, especially if they want to keep some numbers. As The Satanic Bible aptly points out, it would hardly be the first time in history that Christianity has tried to "change with the times".

Yep, that's the dilemma of protestant and catholic churches. They can't/won't accept homosexuality because their conservative wing would leave the church and join more strict christian cults. At the same time churches want the money paid by gay and lesbian people so they simply try to eat from two tables at once putting these new rules like 'it is not sin to be gay, but live that way carnally' or 'gays can be cured' etc.

To LightAngel's earlier post I would like to say that Christian values does not come from love and harmony, but are in reality very sexist and homophobic. Christian ideas for example include the idea that man is always supreme to female and sin comes from femininity. Homosexuals are not accepted cause they (Bible only mentions sex between two men) gaymen are men who lessen their maleness to the level of female which is not acceptible!

I personally have little difficulties to understand why some gay wants to be member in organisation which does not accept him as complete human being..

Edited by Janina (04/19/12 03:07 AM)

#473204 - 04/19/12 03:55 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Janina]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

Loc: Hic et Nunc
If speaking of gay and Christianity (or other religious confessions), I'd say - they are directly related. I mean, haven't they created the very best surroundings for homosexuality by building monasteries and closing up decades of men without women?

Since I am not really familiar with homosexual issues, I am not stating anything. Just a version.

#473205 - 04/19/12 03:58 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Sir Schwarzweise]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Sir Schwarzweise
If speaking of gay and Christianity (or other religious confessions), I'd say - they are directly related. I mean, haven't they created the very best surroundings for homosexuality by building monasteries and closing up decades of men without women?

Since I am not really familiar with homosexual issues, I am not stating anything. Just a version.

laugh

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements