Topic Options
#471811 - 03/22/12 09:50 PM Question Regaurding Substance Abuse
UndergroundSyst Offline

Loc: Michigan USA
Hello i am new to the forum and to satanism in general . And i have a question , im sorry if it is in the forums somewhere and i didn't read it. I view everything from a non-bias opinion and hear out everyone before making my mind up.
I am just learning about this (religion-idea) as i do with many others. i do not consider myself a "satanist" but am very interested because i can relate to the meaning and different points made.

But i am addicted to pain medication and have been for a couple years ( Roxy-codone and methadone) i am currently trying to ween myself of of the medication it sickens me that i need this to even wake up in the morning and cant wait to have it out of my life. i am also a smoker.

i was just wondering if i was interested in joining the community were i would stand with the conditions pointed out ^

, Thank you

#471835 - 03/23/12 03:23 AM Re: Question Regaurding Substance Abuse [Re: UndergroundSyst]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Obviously it isn't exactly unheard of for people to become addicted to prescribed medication. Getting yourself off it is obviously something you need to do for yourself, and apparently it appears that is what you're trying to do.

It is a test of character. Always remember what Charles Bukowski said: "what matters most is how well you walk through the fire."

As long as you are not doing anything illegal the Church of Satan isn't interested in your personal situation. The only concern would be if the effects of the medication were to cause behavioural problems that made you a pain in the backside for us.

Smoking cigarettes is up to you.

But yes, we unequivocally oppose the use of illegal drugs.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#472025 - 03/28/12 10:37 AM Re: Question Regaurding Substance Abuse [Re: UndergroundSyst]
UndergroundSyst Offline

Loc: Michigan USA
Thanks for you're response , i know it is a personal problem . I guess the drug and alcohol abuse forum had me a little confused. My addiction doesn't effect my personally at all . just makes me depressed and Physically imposable to function without it. I am moving to Florida soon to a place were i can not get it at all, so wish me good luck haha. thanks again.

Edited by treyjameskiss (03/28/12 10:40 AM)

#472034 - 03/28/12 01:07 PM Re: Question Regaurding Substance Abuse [Re: UndergroundSyst]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Sounds like it affects you plenty.

Prevention of Virtue

#472052 - 03/28/12 10:47 PM Re: Question Regaurding Substance Abuse [Re: UndergroundSyst]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
I urge you to forget religion and philosophy all together until you attend to your MEDICAL problem. How you became an addict and how you will keep from relapsing once you are clean are issues of mind, personal strength and self integrity, BUT

the drugs you are on cause physical addiction of an unparalleled nature. Fatalities have transpired to those attempting to get off those drugs without medical assistance. After you either inpatient de-tox, or find a reputable clinic to accept medication assisted treatment (ONLY!!!) Satanism has many strategies and concepts that can help you become strong. Until then, though, nothing else can possibly matter.

Magistra Y

PS:
Avoid 12 Steps

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#472058 - 03/28/12 11:31 PM Re: Question Regaurding Substance Abuse [Re: UndergroundSyst]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You know the rules. Only Moderators and Members of the Priesthood can reply to posts in this form.

Edited by LKRice (03/29/12 09:06 AM)

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements