Topic Options
#472632 - 04/08/12 05:47 PM What to tell people...
bobby.1989 Offline

Loc: Montana, USA
When a Satanist is asked, "What is your religion?" What would be better to answer with? Atheist or Satanist? I usually say atheist just to avoid the explanation about what Satanism is.

#472634 - 04/08/12 05:52 PM Re: What to tell people... [Re: bobby.1989]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: bobby.1989
When a Satanist is asked, "What is your religion?" What would be better to answer with? Atheist or Satanist? I usually say atheist just to avoid the explanation about what Satanism is.

This is up to the individual Satanist. Satanism doesn't need martyrs, and we still place self-preservation at the top. So if a Satanist suspected that "outing" himself or herself to somebody could potentially have undesirable results, then of course it makes sense not to do so. Other Satanists are quite public about their Satanism and live in areas and/or have careers where this sort of knowledge wouldn't really matter.

Technically, saying "I'm an atheist" is still a true statement, because the term means nothing more than not believing in deities. Of course, that's all it tells you.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#472654 - 04/08/12 11:37 PM Re: What to tell people... [Re: bobby.1989]
bobby.1989 Offline

Loc: Montana, USA
Good point. Thanks. So maybe when asked my religion I'll just say I'm an atheist, which anyone who knows me is very aware of that. When someone keeps bugging me about how I should get in touch with God or Jesus I'll just tell them that I'm a satanist. I'm quite sure that'll shut 'em up. Lol.

#472656 - 04/09/12 01:47 AM Re: What to tell people... [Re: bobby.1989]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I usually say atheist <<

If you're ever visiting a fundamentally Islamic country I would advise you to say Muslim. In those places atheism is an executable offence.

My take on the issue is that it's usually best to just say whatever people want to hear.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#472793 - 04/10/12 10:26 PM Re: What to tell people... [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
johnnyd Offline

Loc: Peterborough, ON. Canada
Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here.

All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by Daark (04/10/12 11:13 PM)

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406010 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements