Topic Options
#47262 - 07/02/04 02:25 PM Why?
Shakey182 Offline

Loc: UK, England
On my journy though the pages of The Satanic Bible, i came across the Religioius holidays; Walpurgisnacht, Hallows eve and ones birthday. all i manged to find out about walpurgis is she was a nun that was burried under a big rock, and from that rock leaked an oil known as walpurgis oil ETC. What i didnt find out is why we celeberate her. I didnt find out much on the internet either. can somebody please explane?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ave Shakey! Ave Satanas! ===================================== 'We live our own life, and we should live it to the full, make up for losses, and begin what we havent got. Live for yourself and yourself only.' 'Sheep Will Follow The Herd Into The Butchers Shop If It Leads Them There.' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#47263 - 07/02/04 02:37 PM Re: Why? [Re: Shakey182]
Siatris Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Northern Colorado
The nun story was a later invention in the history of the world. Originally this was a pagan holiday. Like many other pagan holidays, the chirstians converted and twisted it to fit their own system.

Look at the yearly cycle, on what dates do All Hallows Eve and Walpurgisnacht fall respective to each other. Do some thinking about why these two days might be a holiday. One of your possible answers also relates to the two horns pointing up on the Baphomet.

Search for yourself, don't let others think for you and tell you what is what, especially on the internet.

Most importantly, remember to think.

#47264 - 07/02/04 02:37 PM Re: Why? [Re: Shakey182]
chimera Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA U.S.A.
Go to www.google.com and try there. It's usually considered a witches holiday, May 1st. Translate the sites from german and read. Thanx.

#47265 - 07/02/04 02:39 PM Re: Why? [Re: chimera]
Siatris Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Northern Colorado
And an easy site for translation is...
Babel Fish

#47266 - 07/02/04 02:45 PM Re: Why? [Re: chimera]
Nails3_Jesus0 Offline

Quote:

Go to www.google.com and try there. It's usually considered a witches holiday, May 1st. Translate the sites from german and read. Thanx.

Indeed. I have read some christian websites about 'reclaiming holloween' as a christian holiday, and some others of course. I stumbled upon a site about 'lamuel' and I sincerley thought it was a joke because of the non christian cartoon drawings that they had (a kanga-jew?) but I realized it was serious after finding the section about reclaiming pagan holdiays as their own (as thought they hadnt done so already). It is still a pretty funny site.

#47267 - 07/02/04 02:58 PM Re: Why? [Re: Nails3_Jesus0]
Shakey182 Offline

Quote:

Indeed. I have read some christian websites about 'reclaiming holloween' as a christian holiday, and some others of course.

yes i also saw that,'it is thier duty to reclaim it from the forces of evil and occultists.'

What gives them the right to 'reclaim' such a holiday. That might as well be attempted theft! They cant just lay claim to somthing that belongs to every one. It would be like me going up town and claiming a statue for myself!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ave Shakey! Ave Satanas! ===================================== 'We live our own life, and we should live it to the full, make up for losses, and begin what we havent got. Live for yourself and yourself only.' 'Sheep Will Follow The Herd Into The Butchers Shop If It Leads Them There.' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#47268 - 07/02/04 02:58 PM Re: Why? [Re: Shakey182]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

all i manged to find out about walpurgis is she was a nun that was burried under a big rock, and from that rock leaked an oil known as walpurgis oil ETC. What i didnt find out is why we celeberate her

Actually, Dr. LaVey explained the why.

In closing out the paragraph in which he goes into detail about the origin of the name(Walpurgishnacht)he does just that:

"Amazingly enough, all of this rigmarole was found necessary simply to condone the continuance of the most important Pagan festival of the year--the grand climax of the spring equinox!"--Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible pg.97

#47269 - 07/02/04 03:09 PM Re: Why? [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Shakey182 Offline

I see, I now have more questions... But those must be figured out by me... Thank you

HS!

#47270 - 07/02/04 07:53 PM Look harder. [Re: Nails3_Jesus0]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
That site *is* an intentional joke.

#47271 - 07/02/04 09:33 PM Re: Why? [Re: Shakey182]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I think smashing nuns with rocks until they produce oil is reason enough to celebrate!

#47272 - 07/02/04 10:38 PM Re: Why? [Re: Nails3_Jesus0]
FireforLife Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Why wouldn't they try to claim those as their own. In many cases if you look hard enough, most of the bible can be traced back to older stories from the polytheistic religions. They have been doing it for over 2000 years.

#47273 - 07/03/04 02:03 PM Re: Why? [Re: FireforLife]
Nails3_Jesus0 Offline

Quote:

Why wouldn't they try to claim those as their own. In many cases if you look hard enough, most of the bible can be traced back to older stories from the polytheistic religions. They have been doing it for over 2000 years.

I can see why they would do that, but I still think its crappy. They have enough stolen holidays as it is..

#47274 - 07/05/04 01:43 AM Re: Why? [Re: Nails3_Jesus0]
FireforLife Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Quote:

Quote:

I can see why they would do that, but I still think its crappy. They have enough stolen holidays as it is..

True I agree with you completly that it is "crappy". Think of it another way though.. where does it leave their bellief system if everything they hold dear and believe is a lie. It is just one more lie on top of many so I don't worry about it too much. Let them work for their everlasting life, but what they don't know is that that everlasting life is as dust.

#47275 - 07/05/04 03:33 PM Re: Why? [Re: Nails3_Jesus0]
evengar Offline

Well, Christians adopted many of the Pagan holidays on purpose. Their goal was obvious: it seemed impossible to make people forget their roots and holidays their fathers and ancestors practised for hundreds of years, and Christians chose an easy way of replacing/renaming the holidays instead of trying to eliminate them. But don't think they didn't attempt to eliminate Pagan holidays first.

On the Slavic land, one of the holidays Christians unsuccessfuly tried to replace is Maslenitsa, the day when people celebrate farewell to winter. People still celebrate this holiday, and it is a very big event in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus.

The Christmas and Easter are celebrated on their dates because of the Pagan holidays. The Easter still has Pagan elements today; these elements are Easter eggs and Easter hares.

Few months ago, I bought a nice book at the "Barnes&Noble" store. The title is "A History of Pagan Europe"; Prudence Jones and Nigel Pennic wrote it. It doesn't give lots of details but it's good for an introduction to the theme. You may still find it in a store, I believe.

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405796 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements