Topic Options
#472835 - 04/11/12 05:24 PM Letter to a Satanist
TheAbysmal Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
I could not help but feel over come by Janina's Salute to Dr. LaVey. It even cited Magus Gilmore's celebration in the same name. Dr. LaVey certainly has my gratitude for giving me sufficient stimulus to crawl out from the lie I once lived.

Maybe you can say the same or similar for yourself.

We tend to celebrate and commemorate many things, often giving credence to our progenitors--in my opinion, somewhat sadly--to the exclusion of our other, much alive, kindred spirits.

Without further ado, I would like to name a few Satanists whom I feel I owe--likewise--a debt of gratitude. These people, by no means a comprehensive or exhaustive list, have contributed to my growth greatly, and for whom I am greatly thankful.

It is my hope that you will help me complete this list, in order that I figure this post out (including memory and/or search):

High Priest Gilmore
High Priestess Nadramia
Magister Nemo
Reverend Daark
Priest Hagen von Tronje
Magister Frost
Magistra Ygraine
Chess
Warlock Linguascelesta
Witch Zaftig
Witch Bruja
Magister Phineas
Witch TrojZyr
Warlock Roho the Rooster
Reverend Bill M
Magister Svengali
Drimlybunk
Delta
Magda Graham
Witch Teku
Skyla

I cannot name you all without actually posting this post. Rest assured, I have you in my heart, by face/avatar if not by name. Not to mention untold others whom I have met elsewhere than here.

By you, I had cause to look into myself.

I cannot thank any of you or Dr. LaVey enough for that.

Help me lengthen this list, please.

Finally, and particularly to the ladies, you are so beautiful! I love you.

#472841 - 04/11/12 07:23 PM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: TheAbysmal]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: TheAbysmal
These people, by no means a comprehensive or exhaustive list, have contributed to my growth greatly, and for whom I am greatly thankful.
[...]

I appreciate that you consider me as somebody who has contributed to your own growth as a person, but I'm not sure what you're asking people to do here. How do you expect other people to expand a list of people that have helped you grow? I could easily create my own personal list of Church of Satan members that I admire and have influenced me, some living, some dead, some who've never set foot in this internet forum. But obviously it would be different.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#472852 - 04/11/12 10:36 PM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: Bill_M]
Little_Boots Offline

hello! My name is Little Boots. I'm new to the faith. I have a lot of questions and would greatly appreciate the experiences of those who know more than me.
Hail Satan

#472857 - 04/12/12 12:44 AM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: Little_Boots]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

First off, it's not a faith.

Secondly, read "The Satanic Bible" and other related material.

Satanism requires study, not worship.
Prevention of Virtue

#472860 - 04/12/12 02:34 AM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
These people, by no means a comprehensive or exhaustive list, have contributed to my growth greatly, and for whom I am greatly thankful.
[...]

I appreciate that you consider me as somebody who has contributed to your own growth as a person, but I'm not sure what you're asking people to do here. How do you expect other people to expand a list of people that have helped you grow? I could easily create my own personal list of Church of Satan members that I admire and have influenced me, some living, some dead, some who've never set foot in this internet forum. But obviously it would be different.

I could easily make that kind of list myself and defenitely Reverend Bill M would be be one of the names in my list amongst many others who have inspired and gave me more knowledge about Satanism.

I won't after all make such a list like that for two reasons. First I See the Satanism very much as personal tool which every Satanist uses for his or her own purposes. For that reason I should list all the inspiring Satanists over the globe and that's just not possible. Other reason for that is that I have got advices from many Satanists whose names are in the list of Abysmal. These people know who they are cause I have already thanked them about their advices personally. I don't believe in asskissing so I do not act like that, but I can say to all the members of Priesthood whom I have discussed with that I think you all do great job here sharing objective information about Satanism with rest of us users of this forum!

Edited by Janina (04/12/12 02:41 AM)

#472863 - 04/12/12 03:00 AM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: TheAbysmal]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

Loc: Hic et Nunc
Well, to be honest, I consider everybody who somehow contributes(-ed) to the Church of Satan - since the last one contributes to the process of my own improvement from a certain perspective - individuals I am grateful for. I mean, even by simply joining this forum, I benefit from the communication with such great minds gathered here.

Thanking everyone by name would be quite impossible, at least for me. Though, thanking the Church of Satan, implying those who keep it alive, is a good way to show your respect. That's my opinion.

#472864 - 04/12/12 03:19 AM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: TheAbysmal]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Help me lengthen this list, please. <<

You could read Robert Greene's books, The 48 Laws of Power and The Art of Seduction.

I presume you haven't read them because if you had he'd surely be on your list.

#472871 - 04/12/12 06:45 AM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: Sir Schwarzweise]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Sir Schwarzweise

Thanking everyone by name would be quite impossible, at least for me. Though, thanking the Church of Satan, implying those who keep it alive, is a good way to show your respect. That's my opinion.

the Church of Satan as organization is living manifestation of Satanism and keeps the legacy of Magus LaVey alive, so yes I also see that respecting CoS is very good way to show respect to many skilfull Satanists!

Edited by Janina (04/12/12 07:39 AM)

#472879 - 04/12/12 08:56 AM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: TheAbysmal]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
I also appreciate it that you consider me as somebody who has contributed to your growth as a person. It was a pleasant surprise to be included, so Thank You as well. grin

I won't repeat the advice that you have already recieved in respects to the list, as I agree with the statements already made.

p.s. *whispers* pssst...It's double K wink

HS!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#472889 - 04/12/12 12:55 PM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: TheAbysmal]
Citizen_Horror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
I feel like Anton Szandor LaVey should be on the list. After all, he made some pretty noteworthy contributions to Satanism back in the day.

#472894 - 04/12/12 01:20 PM Re: Letter to a Satanist [Re: TheAbysmal]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

By the way, I am not sure what do you think about Magistra Templi Rex Blanche Barton, but I´m sure she would defenitely be on my list if I would write one! smile

Edited by Janina (04/12/12 02:02 PM)

Forum Stats
13116 Members
73 Forums
44415 Topics
407284 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold