Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#473307 - 04/20/12 11:17 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Janina]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Janina
Originally Posted By: LightAngel

Lets say Jesus was real, then we can't be sure if he was a genius, or a person suffering from schizophrenia for example.

Jesus was a drunken hippie, who taught he was the son of God cause he took too much peyote on the desert retreat and heard the God's voice in his head.. wink

Peyote is native to the deserts of Northern Mexico, so that's not very likely.

Moldy rye bread (LSD analogues) however is a good possibility.

grin

#473312 - 04/20/12 11:49 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Quaark]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Daark

Lets say Jesus was real, then we can't be sure if he was a genius, or a person suffering from schizophrenia for example.

Jesus was a drunken hippie, who taught he was the son of God cause he took too much peyote on the desert retreat and heard the God's voice in his head.. wink

Peyote is native to the deserts of Northern Mexico, so that's not very likely.

Moldy rye bread (LSD analogues) however is a good possibility.

grin

I quess you are right Reverend. I am not so familiar with that stuff cause my only drugs are sex and cappuccino wink

#473314 - 04/20/12 12:37 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Janina]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

My reply was tongue in cheek of course, but, entire academic careers have been built upon the idea that ingestion of mind-altering substances by primitive humans (who naturally attributed the effects to deities living in the plants, rather than neuropharmacology) was a large factor in the genesis of many religions.

#473315 - 04/20/12 12:50 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Quaark]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

My reply was tongue in cheek of course, but, entire academic careers have been built upon the idea that ingestion of mind-altering substances by primitive humans (who naturally attributed the effects to deities living in the plants, rather than neuropharmacology) was a large factor in the genesis of many religions.

This is actually very interesting substitute. Many so called Shamanic traditions have had habit with the use of psychoactive stuff "soma". Like here where I live for example, we had strong Shamanist culture before Christian crusaders came and slaughtered the Shamans few hundreds years ago and local Shamans used the Amanita Muscaria which is also known as Fly Agaric mushroom to search cosmic truths about their Gods..

Many stories in Bible seem to have origin in "mystic" experience like that so I wouldn´t be surprized if they have had some kinda tripping tradition at the base of the teachings..

Edited by Janina (04/20/12 12:58 PM)

#473318 - 04/20/12 02:30 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Janina]
JDBones Offline

...my only drugs are sex and cappuccino wink

My choice of drug would be a brand of cigarettes called Karelia 100s. Half my favorite artists come from a region that is also called Karelia and there's a great masterpiece by Sibelius bearing the same name. And I was actually born not that far from Finland... what a vicious cycle, ermh? smile

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

#473343 - 04/20/12 08:54 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Quaark]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>Peyote is native to the deserts of Northern Mexico, so that's not very likely.

He was Jesus, he simply turned sand into peyote.

Case closed. eek

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#473344 - 04/20/12 08:59 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Discipline]
TheAbysmal Offline

I don't see how someone tripping on Peyote would have enough sense about him to do that...

Refuse to die.

#473347 - 04/20/12 10:01 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: TheAbysmal]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>I don't see how someone tripping on Peyote would have enough sense about him to do that...

He wasn't tripping before he smoked the sand peyote. cool

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#473348 - 04/20/12 11:23 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Discipline]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Discipline
>>I don't see how someone tripping on Peyote would have enough sense about him to do that...

He wasn't tripping before he smoked the sand peyote. cool

I was saying that maybe he smoked from the burning bush, but then I remembered that it was the Moses who smoked the holy smoke before he wrote the law on the mountain.. wink

Edited by Janina (04/20/12 11:27 PM)

#473359 - 04/21/12 04:45 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Quaark]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
ingestion of mind-altering substances by primitive humans

Quite by accident, during a totally unrelated debate on matters of psychology, I stumbled upon a viable alternative to the chemical mindfuck theory: The Bicameral Mind.

As for the subject matter itself (gay marriage) I think the French model is a good one: Only a legal body (judge) have the formal powers to marry people, but they may choose to be "blessed" by a religious body of their preference. That ceremony, however, has no legal powers. Which is how it should be.

Edited by XUL (04/21/12 04:49 AM)

#473362 - 04/21/12 05:09 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: LightAngel]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

Loc: Hic et Nunc
Lets say Jesus was real

If Jesus"Look At Me I Died For Your Sins"Christ was real, than they did well by crucifying him. Damned well.

Since he taught to turn the other cheek, I say - in your face, Jesus, in your face!

Hail Satan!

#473363 - 04/21/12 05:18 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Sir Schwarzweise]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Sir Schwarzweise
Lets say Jesus was real

If Jesus"Look At Me I Died For Your Sins"Christ was real, than they did well by crucifying him. Damned well.

Since he taught to turn the other cheek, I say - in your face, Jesus, in your face!

Hail Satan!

You know, I am actually not interested does Jesus exist or not. I am either interested about the existence of God. I don´t really see how would it change anything in my life cause I am naturally born Satanist and would be no matter what is the truth about Jesus. wink

Edited by Janina (04/21/12 05:18 AM)

#473365 - 04/21/12 05:36 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: XUL]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: XUL

Quite by accident, during a totally unrelated debate on matters of psychology, I stumbled upon a viable alternative to the chemical mindfuck theory: The Bicameral Mind.

As for the subject matter itself (gay marriage) I think the French model is a good one: Only a legal body (judge) have the formal powers to marry people, but they may choose to be "blessed" by a religious body of their preference. That ceremony, however, has no legal powers. Which is how it should be.

I think that would be the best solution. After all why should some religious organization have the license to take care of things which are purely juridical arrangement.

Edited by Janina (04/21/12 05:37 AM)

#473387 - 04/21/12 04:49 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Janina]
Nufan Offline

I don't think any religion should be forced to marry people, but it shouldn't even be a question as to whether people can form legal unions, as religion should not have power over the individuals themselves. So basically what you were saying about France rules.

I am pretty sure there have been questions as to the existence of actual person Jesus. He has so many similarities to many other deities worshiped before Christianity. Osiris is one, and is very similar. It's just an old fairy tale, that I think might have even been before Egypt. Osiris was 'king of kings', had 3 wise men and was born to a virgin, for some of the similarities. He deserves as much influence as those old gods do.

I am pretty sure you can even trace some things back to the Sumerians, which honestly is far more interesting, as they basically say aliens came down in space ships and genetically modified animals creating the human race to be slaves from monkeys, as well as creating animal human hybrids such as the sphinx. This is a much more rational explanation to me than, a guy in the clouds said some magic words and everything came into being, and it is much older.

#473391 - 04/21/12 06:13 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Janina]
JDBones Offline

Originally Posted By: XUL

I think that would be the best solution. After all why should some religious organization have the license to take care of things which are purely juridical arrangement.

This is exactly how it works with marriage in my country.

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406358 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements