Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#473667 - 04/26/12 08:51 AM Ritual for the death of a loved one
Sanguinary Offline

Hail everyone

Do we have a place for rituals on this message board? Iíve written a few myself (for myself), but Iím now in the odd position of grieving for an animal companion, family member and friend; my male cat Angel who had a congenital heart condition and had to be put down.

I was wondering if people conduct any rituals to honour the death of a person or another animal friend. Angel died on 24 April 2012 and I buried him the next day under an avocado tree. I'm very sad at the moment and it was a very hard decision to make, but I didn't want him to suffer any more. He is now in the presence of Bast Ė one of the deities I tend to invoke in all my rituals.

Vale Angel, my good friend. A greater and more superior being than many human animals Iíve encountered.

I would like to know what any of you in the LTTD/COS realm think about this matter. My infernal regards to each and all of you who have taken the time to read this.

Sanguinary

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

#473668 - 04/26/12 08:57 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss blush

- It hurts so much to lose a pet. - If you are real, and your pain is real, then keep your focus on your dreams.

We can get a lot of information in our dreams. We can even create magic in our dreams, sorry, but I can't express this more clear, just do it!

#473671 - 04/26/12 09:27 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
I am so sorry to hear of the death of Angel.

He had all possible love and care whilst he was with you. Then you relieved him of his pain. Nothing more could have been done.

I work for an animal welfare charity; I care for unhomeable Cats, those who are so severely traumatized that they cannot fit into a normal home.

I love Bast. I remember seeing a beautiful statue of Bast and her Kittens in Leyden Museum, the Netherlands. Of course the very logical ancient Egyptians regarded the Cat as a protective goddess. Agrarian communities were dependent on Cats to prevent rodents causing famine.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#473673 - 04/26/12 10:01 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Sanguinary
Hail everyone

Do we have a place for rituals on this message board? Iíve written a few myself (for myself), but Iím now in the odd position of grieving for an animal companion, family member and friend; my male cat Angel who had a congenital heart condition and had to be put down.

I was wondering if people conduct any rituals to honour the death of a person or another animal friend. Angel died on 24 April 2012 and I buried him the next day under an avocado tree. I'm very sad at the moment and it was a very hard decision to make, but I didn't want him to suffer any more. He is now in the presence of Bast Ė one of the deities I tend to invoke in all my rituals.

Vale Angel, my good friend. A greater and more superior being than many human animals Iíve encountered.

I would like to know what any of you in the LTTD/COS realm think about this matter. My infernal regards to each and all of you who have taken the time to read this.

Sanguinary

I am honestly sorry about your lost. I have two cat companions living with me and I have buried few cats myself, so I can understand your feelings.

Cat is the most magnificent animal, proud, self-knowing and loyal friend and I think that any cat whom I know wins most of human beings anyday in friendliness and loyalty.

Edited by Janina (04/26/12 10:12 AM)

#473685 - 04/26/12 01:51 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Teufelhund Offline

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Sanginary
I was wondering if people conduct any rituals to honour the death of a person or another animal friend.

While I have never used ritual to honor an animal companion, I have used it to honor a cousin of mine who passed away after a long bout with cystic fibrosis. In the end the ritual served to alleviate all of the grief that I had been hanging onto for years. It was a very emotional experience, and allowed me walk out of the ritual chamber carrying only those happy memories I desired to hang onto.

I believe that the more emotional, perhaps even grandiose, that you make this kind of ritual, the better impact it has on your emotional well being. Ritual is the perfect medium for venting your grief, and can be use to honor any species of animal, human or otherwise, that you have an emotional attachment to.

#473688 - 04/26/12 02:27 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Sanguinary...First off, I know how you feel. Been there...done that. It never gets easier. My condolences to you.

To be quite honest, there is a form in the Member's Only section devoted to rituals and such. The etiquette of this particular board is not to discuss things in the general area that have been segregated into "The Basement", as it it sometimes called. That being said, and this may sound corny...go with your heart. Whatever you need to do say goodbye.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#473709 - 04/26/12 10:45 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
L'Horreur Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
I am sorry for your loss; the death of a familiar is heartbreaking.

My cat was susceptible to a certain genetic disorder that essentially caused her kidneys and liver to shut down without warning, in the course of a week or so. This condition, once bad enough, is irreparable: treating one problem only causes the others to worsen and the only option is to free the animal from its body. My cat was acting funny one day, so I brought her into the vet for a checkup.

One Monday, I walked into the veterinarian's office with my cat and walked out about an hour later with an empty box.

No matter how many stories you hear, you are never prepared for the gaping hole a pet leaves behind. My ritual consisted of, well, doing un-23-year-oldly things for two days straight. It took about two weeks before I got used to waking up without her in bed with me, and I never 100% recovered.

In terms of letting go, it is (in my experience) impossible to ever truly do so. Losing a loved pet is like sustaining a deep wound; it does stop bleeding but the scar never fades. Focus on the good things; Angel loved you and you loved Angel. You replaced his heart with your own; the amount of pain you feel is proportionate to the amount of relief he feels.

Hail Satan; vale Angel.

#473713 - 04/27/12 12:38 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Sanguinary
I was wondering if people conduct any rituals to honour the death of a person

Some Satanists certainly have, myself included. There is of course the Satanic funeral rite in The Satanic Scriptures. Also, recall that the eleventh Enochian key is "a funerary call".

But as mentioned, we reserve more detailed discussion on the topic for the private section of this message board.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#473723 - 04/27/12 02:14 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
As everyone else has said, you have my condolences.

Perhaps you could create your own little "service" to honor and say good-bye to your beloved friend.

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#473800 - 04/28/12 08:19 AM My gratitude to all [Re: Dax9]
Sanguinary Offline

It is now not so much the act of grieving [though that is still a part of it] but rather its transformation into a set of feelings of fond remembrance. LightAngel and I have corresponded over a few PMís and the last one I sent included the ritual I wrote for Angel. Perhaps others may have a need for it, one day. As I said to my insightful dear friend Ė LightAngel, please feel free to use, modify or improve upon. Here it is:

To you, Angel I hail

A greater and more superior being than many human animals Iíve come across.

Freed from the shackles of this earthy life, you now roam the afterlife, without constraint, hindrance or impediment.

Favour me with an occasional visit and grant that I have the capacity to recognise you; for always welcome you will be.

I commend you to Bast; you are now a consort of Bast.

Shemhamforash
Hail Satan

In grateful recognition of those who have commented on (and potentially those who are yet to comment on); my infernal and respectful regards to all.

Sanguinary

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

#473802 - 04/28/12 08:28 AM Re: My gratitude to all [Re: Sanguinary]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
My regards to you Sanguinary. Live long and prosper!

#473808 - 04/28/12 10:03 AM Re: My gratitude to all [Re: Sanguinary]
thorn9 Offline

Very nice and well worded ritual. Sorry for your loss, sadly I know what that feels like and have been through it many times.

#473846 - 04/29/12 05:28 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

Loc: Hic et Nunc
Sorry for your loss and, indeed, fine ritual.

I also know what this feels like, since my family raised and, unfortunately, buried several generations of cats.

I try not to let this sound as an inappropriate advice for you in this moment of grief, though this is what I can say out of my own experience...

We had many cats, some of which were injured, since we picked them up from the street. We gave them our love as much as we could. I am sure this also applies to you. Out of many pets we had, only one is left. Their lives are short and this reminds us that ours are too. So, I say - pull yourself together, live on and always preserve memory.

Hail Satan.

#473957 - 04/30/12 09:16 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Ivan the Cat Offline

Im sure you regard your pets as family, as most of us do, and it hurts just as much as when a human dies. Cats, however, have long been regarded as gods, amd I was lucky enough to find a reincarnation of a chilhood cat when I graduated college. It looked and acted exactly the same as the one I had as a xhild and the first second it saw me, ran and junped in my lap and purred and i was convinced it was the same cat. Whether you believe in reincarnatiin or not, if there is such a thing cats can come back.....i dont know of any rituals, but dont be surprised if someday in the future your cat comes looking for you again. Youll know him when you see him.

#473971 - 05/01/12 05:04 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Ivan the Cat]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

Originally Posted By: Ivan the Cat
but dont be surprised if someday in the future your cat comes looking for you again

Sure. God will send the immortal soul back on earth, since that's how it all happens... *rolls eyes*

#473978 - 05/01/12 07:06 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sir Schwarzweise]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
God?! - Your post says more about you, than it says about Ivan the Cat!

Ivan didn't mention that kind of ''God'' in this post, so why did you?! smile

Hmmm what Ivan has experienced might be true, or it might be wishful thinking, but if it works, then it works. - Just like anything else.

I'm a very rational person, but that doesn't mean that I know everything.

And if you think you know everything then you are the one living in darkness.

#473979 - 05/01/12 07:15 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
aprilskies9 Offline

Oh no poor kitty! rip

I'm sure the ritual you make will be satisfactory as rituals are and should be very personal.

No need to point out what other members have about what where to go regarding rituals.

Quote:
He is now in the presence of Bast

This confuses me just a tish...

"I am a chemistry major, not a teachyouhowtowipeyourownass major."

#473992 - 05/01/12 08:39 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Ivan the Cat]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
It is neither reincarnation nor self-delusion; wishful thinking may have some part. Cats who live in a similar environment usually develop similar characteristics.

ďHe sits in the same window.Ē

The window with the view of the birdtable Ö or next-doorís Dog Ö or the street.

ďHe sleeps on the same cushion.Ē

It didnít take him long to find the most comfortable cushion.

ďAs soon as he saw me, he came running towards me.Ē

Cat thinks: ďSucker alert! Purr, purr, nuzzle, nuzzle Ė good, itís working, I want out of this cage in the cattery. Purr, purr, nuzzle, nuzzle Ė oops, retract claw hastily, Iíll show him whoís boss after heís signed the adoption forms.Ē

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#474018 - 05/01/12 04:16 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: aprilskies9]
Teufelhund Offline

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: aprilskies9

Quote:
He is now in the presence of Bast

This confuses me just a tish...

If you look at Sanguinary's comment in the context of the ritual, there should be no confusion. He was simply anthropomorphizing the release of emotions that was necessary for him to begin moving forward.

#474026 - 05/01/12 07:17 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Ivan the Cat Offline

Who the fuck asked for your opinion, smartass? And did I mention God at all? Great, if someone has beliefs different than yours, that doesnt give you the responsibility to show your mental limitations. I DO believe in the transmigration of the soul AND I am an atheist, but I also believe that animals have souls, and I was wanting to share something I thought was a beautiful experience with someone grieving over his recently lost pet. Next time, you're welcome to disagree with me, but don't do it on someone else's topic forum, and dont try to belittle what someone else says or believes, you just wind up looking like a jerk. (rolls eyes) ..how profound.

Edited by Ivan the Cat (05/01/12 07:18 PM)

#474034 - 05/01/12 10:51 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
TheAbysmal Offline

Cat are quite honest in deed, are they not?

I think they are magnificent creatures.

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your companion.

Refuse to die.

#474036 - 05/01/12 11:06 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Joshkimble Offline

SATAN MY LORD AND MASTER I ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.
SATAN I WORSHIP YOU ALWAYS IN DARKNESS AND IN LIGHT. 666

#474037 - 05/01/12 11:10 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Joshkimble Offline

OPEN WIDE THE GATES OF HELL. 666

SATAN YOU ARE GOD MY LORD AND MASTER.

SATAN YOU ARE DARKNESS AND LIGHT MY LORD AND MASTER.

#474038 - 05/01/12 11:11 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Joshkimble Offline

NATAS 666

#474039 - 05/01/12 11:13 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
TheAbysmal Offline

Quote:
I work for an animal welfare charity; I care for unhomeable Cats, those who are so severely traumatized that they cannot fit into a normal home.

How rewarding it must feel to do this for them. You have my utmost respect.

EDIT: That damnable quick-reply got me again! I intended this reply to Magda Graham.

Edited by TheAbysmal (05/01/12 11:15 PM)
Edit Reason: Not Paying Attention to Details

Refuse to die.

#474040 - 05/01/12 11:39 PM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Sanguinary]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Mr. Kimble,
Would it shock you to know those who come here already know Satanic Rites and scripture without you playing parrot?
Please demonstrate something less flipparoo-ish.
Y

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#474047 - 05/02/12 01:18 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Ivan the Cat]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Your behavior and attitude are unacceptable here.

Bye bye.

#474052 - 05/02/12 05:08 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: LightAngel]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

First of all - I didn't mean it to sound like an attack on someones beliefs. I still do not see any aggression in my post. Nevertheless, at least in my opinion - this isn't quite the place for someone with beliefs.

Originally Posted By: LightAngel
God?! - Your post says more about you, than it says about Ivan the Cat!

Ivan didn't mention that kind of ''God'' in this post, so why did you?!

The "coming back" of the individuality of a creature in an other body implies the idea that there exists something beyond the body that is able to come back. This something is often called a soul, which is a part of the worldview with God, Heaven and Hell or reincarnation, which await this soul after death. This is an idealistic doctrine and nothing changed since the last time I checked Satanism was materialistic.

If I am fully incorrect and Ivan the Cat did not speak of "the soul" and his view of the return of creatures is materialistic, than he apparently meant a zombie.

My post indeed says something about me. Perhaps you didn't listen to what it says.

#474055 - 05/02/12 06:45 AM Re: Ritual for the death of a loved one [Re: Janina]
thorn9 Offline

I thought Ivan had a nice and touching response about the poor cat and to the loss the person suffered. Not sure why it got such a rude response.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12017 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements