Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#473995 - 05/01/12 10:41 AM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: Adam-9sense]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Excellent! Was that a Dog barking about 36.00?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#473996 - 05/01/12 10:47 AM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: MagdaGraham]
Adam-9sense Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you! I think it was Bella.

#474001 - 05/01/12 11:03 AM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: Adam-9sense]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
She is certainly entitled to join the discussion.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#474004 - 05/01/12 11:49 AM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: MagdaGraham]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: MagdaGraham
She is certainly entitled to join the discussion.

I think we all should listen more what our all-fours friends try to tell us. In most thing they have more common sense than human animals wink

#474009 - 05/01/12 12:30 PM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: Janina]
thorn9 Offline

I agree the human animal could learn much from a fury friends.

One thing I found interesting in listening to that interview is that Peter Gilmore said something about how we need to get rid of these terms "LaVeyan Satanism" and "Theistic Satanism" once and for all. Now I agree as they are very annoying, but those terms are getting stronger every day from what I see. So sadly I do not see them going away at all. In fact just the opposite?

#474010 - 05/01/12 01:00 PM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: thorn9]
Adam-9sense Offline
CoS Warlock

Where it may not go away entirely, we do need to correct it whenever and wherever it is used, and never use the terms ourselves. Those who want truth will learn it.

#474012 - 05/01/12 01:48 PM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: Adam-9sense]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

I have to admit that I have no tolerance to neither of these terms, especially the first one you mentioned!

As Satanist and member of the Church of Satan which is the manifestation of Satanism to me, my personal philosophy concerning this particular term is that whenever I hear somebody to use it I correct the misconception and make sure even this one person using the term understands that there is only Satanism, not this or that form of Satanism!

#474013 - 05/01/12 02:04 PM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: Janina]
thorn9 Offline

Janina: I agree and I try to tell people the truth but then they tell me about these other groups or send me the links and say "This is why you need these terms so we do not think you are with these people". And if I explain why we are the real Satanists and not them I of course then get the usual "Well they can say the same about you". It just gets old. I will not even go into what I am told by the people in these groups when I have to deal with them.

#474033 - 05/01/12 09:32 PM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: thorn9]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
One thing I found interesting in listening to that interview is that Peter Gilmore said something about how we need to get rid of these terms "LaVeyan Satanism" and "Theistic Satanism" once and for all. Now I agree as they are very annoying, but those terms are getting stronger every day from what I see. So sadly I do not see them going away at all. In fact just the opposite?

Set the example yourself and eliminate it from your mind. Such terms are a contradiction anyway so therefor are not even relevant.

#474042 - 05/02/12 12:04 AM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: Unknown]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Unknown
Quote:

Set the example yourself and eliminate it from your mind. Such terms are a contradiction anyway so therefor are not even relevant.

They are not relevant, but there are people who use these terms continuosly and if we dont correct their terminology when we meet with it, we kind of give permission to use them. I personally think that especially when one is member of Church of Satan and publicly discusses with people as Satanist he or she should always correct the thing when he hears somebody to use it. Sometimes it feels frustrating to tell the same thing again and again and again to people but leaving this terminology without correcting it would mean we accept it, so just leaving it like we wouldn't hear it is not vice way to act in discussion.

That's my opinion!

#474061 - 05/02/12 10:39 AM Re: 9sense - Magus Peter H Gilmore [Re: Janina]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
They are not relevant, but there are people who use these terms continuosly and if we dont correct their terminology when we meet with it, we kind of give permission to use them.

This sounds like a very tedious task, to correct every idiot out there. I have more important things to do, such as live my life as a Satanist. Do that and your creating more change than you are attempting to correct every idiot who uses such terms.

Quote:
Sometimes it feels frustrating to tell the same thing again and again and again to people but leaving this terminology without correcting it would mean we accept it, so just leaving it like we wouldn't hear it is not vice way to act in discussion.

Well the only place I have ever encountered such terminology is here on this message board in which Satanists do correct such people when they use the term "LaVeyan" Satanist. Those who consider themselves "theistic satanists" are usually banned. I don't visit other message boards nor do I personally discuss my religion with people who don't already understand at least the fundamentals of Satanism.

My point? If someone has a legitimate interest in learning/discussing Satanism and they use the term "LaVeyan" then I will explain to them such terms are redundant but if this person is a moron then I will leave them to their own stupidity.

#474070 - 05/02/12 02:03 PM SATANAFLIPPAROO [Re: thorn9]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:
need to get rid of these terms "LaVeyan Satanism" and "Theistic Satanism" once and for all. Now I agree as they are very annoying, but those terms are getting stronger every day from what I see. So sadly I do not see them going away at all. In fact just the opposite?

Which is why everyone needs to use the all-encopassing and extremely erudite "Satanaflipparoo", occasionally spelled in the European "Satanaflipperoo." Imagine....it works on the same inane level that these morons do. It allows them the "Satan" part they so want, but cheerfully defiles it just like they do---only they aren't cheerful, and considering their abject delusions, they should be!

So...I ask my beloved church friends, since I will never write the great American novel, I am highly unlikely to cure cancer or AIDS, and while I have bred impressively, I have not bred enough to get a reality show, for any hopes I have at posterity, USE MY NIFTY WORD!

Ygraine

Edited by Ygraine (05/02/12 02:03 PM)

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#474084 - 05/02/12 10:19 PM Re: SATANAFLIPPAROO [Re: Ygraine]
thorn9 Offline

Interesting! I will have to start using that word now with these people.

#474089 - 05/02/12 11:50 PM Re: Magus Gilmore [Re: thorn9]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Regardless, all one has to do is listen to the man and
one will know why his church gets the right of the title "Satanist." All others are Flipparoos.

Edited by Ygraine (05/03/12 08:17 AM)

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#474093 - 05/03/12 12:12 AM Re: Magus Gilmore [Re: Ygraine]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Regardless, all one has to do is lik
sten to the man and
one will know why his church gets the right of the title "Satanist."

Good Magistra,
I will start to use that. After all we are the only Church of Satan so what explaining would we have wink

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements