Topic Options
#474364 - 05/08/12 05:22 PM Elite
Tony Nine Offline

What is the definition of elite to the Church of Satan? I understand that "success or achievement in the real world" might be a legitimate response, but further define what would be meant by that. What does elite mean if it were up to Satanists alone to articulate and define a precise definition of the word in a common dictionary.

I do understand that this a question rooted in semantics, but that does make it relative. If I posed the question to different organizations "What is the definition of Satan", or "Good" for that matter, undoubtedly, your's would also be unique.

Edited by Tony Nine (05/08/12 05:36 PM)

#474365 - 05/08/12 05:58 PM Re: Elite [Re: Tony Nine]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Pursue your own unique individual passion(s) in life to your fullest capacity.

You may receive outside recognition for what you achieve, maybe you won't.

Say you like long distance running. Perhaps you'll enter contests and win prizes. Maybe you'd be called elite in running circles.

But maybe it just makes you feel fully alive, it provides you joy just doing it, and the effort you put forth to achieve your highest possible degree of excellence remains utterly private, not one other person in the world knows about it.

I will say this about myself, without being too specific.

I am outwardly acknowledged as being not just elite, but ultra-elite in my field. It took me over thirty years to reach this level.

I am now tired of it, and have begun an entirely new activity, in which I am not just not elite, but am a total nobody.

My aim of course is to become elite in this new field as well.

This state of eliteness may or may not involve outer recognition, but that matters less than the state or quality of eliteness itself.

Vincent Van Gogh would still have been an elite artist even if not one person ever saw his work, and he had burned every canvas soon after completing it.

Eliteness may exist as an existential quality apart from recognition, or as an objective recognition of consensus from other elites in the same field, or both.

Does this help?

#474374 - 05/08/12 10:49 PM Re: Elite [Re: Tony Nine]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
From Magus Gilmore's Satanism: The Feared Religion:

"...it is quite irrational to think that someone can be elite or not simply because of the color of their skin. Even if one comes from promising genetic stock, and by that we mean from ancestors who have proven their abilities to be superior in performance, this does not guarantee an individual’s advancement. No, we Satanists only recognize an individual as elite if they prove it by cultivating their natually endowed abilities to the highest extent possible. This is something that requires the Satanic virtue of discipline, a quality we try to instill in our own iron youth. There are elite individuals from all ethnic backgrounds, and they are embraced by Satanism for the superior beings that they are—-creating a uniquely Satanic ethnic."

Also a quote from Dr. LaVey in Speak of the Devil which I personally really like: "We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#474382 - 05/09/12 01:03 AM Re: Elite [Re: Tony Nine]
Nufan Offline

Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.

#474386 - 05/09/12 02:21 AM Re: Elite [Re: Tony Nine]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Reverend Daark has answered exactly as it should be, so I can't offer anything better than that.

But there are two quotes I like that I've used many times here.

"To rule yourself (that is, to rule your persona by yourself) is greater than to rule the world."

"A person whose genius or other predilection is contributory to the development of any science, art, philosophy or religion as a lifework, having accepted his mission and administering it for the world's weal and his own happiness - he is a world worker."

- Dr. Elmer Gates (1853 - 1923).

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

Forum Stats
12158 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements