Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#474564 - 05/13/12 10:52 PM On how to obtain a new job/position
Praxilla Offline

Hello all. I haven't been here in a while but i'm sure no one's noticed:)).

Anyways, are there any Satanic writings, for view online or in print, about how to go about getting a (new) job? I'd like to know how a Satanist would handle the process. Basically, by choice, i've kept myself at the same job for the past few years since it fits perfectly with my class schedule. But, even though i'm not yet finished with my degree, I want to get a better paying job. Jobs are scarce...We're still in the midst and/or supposedly coming out of a recession/depression. But i've held a few positions in the past so I think with a little bit more knowledge I can make it happen.

Am not another; therefore Iíll not die.

#474565 - 05/13/12 10:55 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Th practical approach is:

Apply for the job. Make sure you look good. Do your research before the interview - apply yourself during the interview.

There's no magical formula that will secure a job for losers.

One might construct and perform a ritual for self-empowerment of some kind, if they so wish. But you have to get the practical necessities in place.

#474566 - 05/13/12 11:11 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Praxilla Offline

No articles about lesser magick? Huhn...I guess there would be more literature about it. Guess not. Anyways...That sounds about as thorough as anything.

Edited by Praxilla (05/13/12 11:12 PM)

#474575 - 05/14/12 07:04 AM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I think which techniques to use may depend to some extent on the job and the field.

If you know who you're interviewing with, try Googling them before the interview. This can give you an idea of what to play up or hint at during the interview, and which topics to steer clear of.

Naturally, Google the organization or business you're interviewing with, so you can come with good questions and observations.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#474579 - 05/14/12 08:12 AM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

#474586 - 05/14/12 11:22 AM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I think the best way to find a new job is to go out and tell all your friends that you are looking for a job. I've known plenty of people including myself that have gotten jobs due to their friends bringing them in.

Most companies nowadays won't hire just anybody out of the blue. They would rather hire somebody that an employee already in good standing would recommend.

Hope that helped and good luck with your search!

#474587 - 05/14/12 12:36 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Farmer Frown Offline

Loc: Nebraska
Great advice above, friends are the best tool to use. A useful ritual might be a self motivating ritual integrated into an everyday schedule to both separate the stresses of class and everyday life and to drive your desire to succeed. An athletic ordeal is ideal for me, but others may be able to visualize a goal in a traditional ritual, focus on it and pursue that relentlessly. Practice that until it affects your everyday speech, manner and others notice. As rituals are used more frequently I notice triggering mechanisms that I use to renew my will. Scent is a strong trigger as is taste, exhaustion and strain. When I push myself hard I can feel subtle changes in my physiology; under anxiety my palms become slightly moist (trigger) and I take several deep breaths to focus, when I am trapped in a pattern of work and I feel bored, "heavy" and tired(trigger) I set small goals and attempt each one individually. If I am presenting myself for an interview I might incorporate spoken pronouncements and a mirror to watch my face as I make statements or respond to a script of typical questions. I find this useful in selling my products as well.

"It's great. We knew nothing about the sin before you came here." - Old Kazakh Joke

#474597 - 05/14/12 06:59 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

Be resourceful, apply the tenants of lesser magic, and sell the shit out of yourself.

#474599 - 05/14/12 07:48 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
StudentOfLife Offline

Loc: South Australia

Understand your own weaknesses and turn them into an advantage wherever possible, just as every vice can be made 'virtuous' by those who decide the meaning of 'virtue.'

If it is obvious you will fail, move on and seek new prey.
If it is not, apply every ounce of your cunning, anticipate the problems people will typically have with you as an employee and have an answer ready for each.

Or seek an alternative avenue of profit if it is too difficult to gain traditional employment. Many choose to work for themselves in their spare time, keeping the average job for a basic wage and then applying your talents through a business you create gradually. Freelance writing is an excellent source of this, as are musical and artistic talents of any kind, tutoring etc.

Busk. You would be surprised how much you make. With luck and skill, street performance can pay well.

Anything you attempt demands the proper application, I agree with that said by the others up to this point.

Trust in yourself, mark the proper prey, and hunt.

Traitor Unmitigated http://hailsatan.blogspot.com.au

#474600 - 05/14/12 10:01 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Praxilla
No articles about lesser magick? Huhn...I guess there would be more literature about it. Guess not.

One person on one internet forum responds, and you immediately jump to that conclusion? Come on, it's not like we all have a database of every article ever published in every Satanic book, zine, or other source. We do reserve more of the in-depth discussions of lesser magic* here in the members-only section. But surely you can figure out how, just to pick one example, the synthesizer clock alone from The Satanic Witch can aid you on a job interview?

* "Those who spell magic with a 'k', aren't." - Anton Szandor LaVey

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#474602 - 05/14/12 10:12 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Bill_M]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
My point was that no amount of magic will secure a job that is completely and obviously unsuitable for the applicant.

In much the same way a lust ritual will not bring Brad Pitt into the arms of a dime-store whore, magic will not secure a job as an airline pilot for someone with no relevant qualifications.

However, providing the practical aspects are viable, then self-empowerment through magic may aid the process.

#474606 - 05/14/12 10:58 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Bill_M]
Praxilla Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: Praxilla
No articles about lesser magick? Huhn...I guess there would be more literature about it. Guess not.

One person on one internet forum responds, and you immediately jump to that conclusion? Come on, it's not like we all have a database of every article ever published in every Satanic book, zine, or other source. We do reserve more of the in-depth discussions of lesser magic* here in the members-only section. But surely you can figure out how, just to pick one example, the synthesizer clock alone from The Satanic Witch can aid you on a job interview?

* "Those who spell magic with a 'k', aren't." - Anton Szandor LaVey

Meh. The reply seemed pretty final. It didn't seem worthwhile to follow up his post with any other words on my part. And since nothing was brought up about writers I could read, I thought the question was in order. Yes i've read the Satanic Witch...But was looking for new material...In any event, it would only serve as inspiration.I understand that it is not magic etc etc.

Edited by Praxilla (05/14/12 10:59 PM)

#474607 - 05/14/12 11:08 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Praxilla Offline

Originally Posted By: Drake_Bamboozle
My point was that no amount of magic will secure a job that is completely and obviously unsuitable for the applicant.

In much the same way a lust ritual will not bring Brad Pitt into the arms of a dime-store whore, magic will not secure a job as an airline pilot for someone with no relevant qualifications.

However, providing the practical aspects are viable, then self-empowerment through magic may aid the process.

That much I understand. I wouldn't dream of applying for a job I don't have the qualifications for. When I said magic, I wasn't talking about Greater Magic, but was focusing on Lesser Magic(Appearances, speech, etc etc). I thought it would be interesting to read first person accounts of how one used Lesser Magic in interviews or other parts of the job process. Seems there was a confusion there...Or just a general consensus that I thought I would wave a wand and get a new job. I've got all of the obvious knowledge(Making sure the business section suits my capabilities, product knowledge, dressing to company standards, yada yada)...But I wanted to know more about how others handle themselves in the interview and see if I could learn a few tricks of the trade...Recognize that I might do something different where doing something different might help me succeed, etc.

#474609 - 05/14/12 11:49 PM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
I have an personal policy that I never discuss or share my experiences about magic with others. Though methods themself are not any 'big occultic secrets' the result is personal experience. So for that reason I can't unfortunately share my experience with you in public forum!

I might still recommend to study things like psychology, sociology and physics to reach more knowledge, and avoid all esoteric mystic traditions and their texts. Usually these initiation based Magical Mystery Schools and their books do not know anything you couldn't know yourself. They just want to sell you something with good price!

For getting better job I would recommend one thing. DO YOUR HOMEWORKS PROPERLY!

#474616 - 05/15/12 03:53 AM Re: On how to obtain a new job/position [Re: Praxilla]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I hate job interviews. Hate 'em. They are probably the single most difficult challenge for any hardcore introvert. I'm always nervous meeting new people and my nerves are pretty severely exacerbated by the unique scrutiny of the situation. So, game face.

There's nothing wrong with being nervous of course but I have to find tricks to keep it from becoming a handicap. All the usual prep and showing up early so I can sit in my car and, heh, you know, concentrate on not hyperventilating. Then, a minute or two before the scheduled time I take big big deep breaths, close my eyes and give myself permission to be someone else for the day.

You know, the girl who isn't having a panic attack, the one who is hepcat cool, answers all the questions buhRILliantly and charms the pants off of everyone.

It works, too. smile
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us Ė all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44450 Topics
407331 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold