Topic Options
#474655 - 05/16/12 01:04 AM Theism
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
In Satanism we have no theism. We donīt behold or bow any Gods or Masters or give our obedience to any deity, what our finder and first High Priest Anton Szandor LaVey clearly pointed in his literal works many times. In Satanic Bible for example Dr.LaVey wrote:

"Man has always created his gods, rather than his gods creating him".

It still seems that there are numerous people who describe themselves with the term Satanist and still hold some "spiritual pipe dreams" about eternal life or some kind of salvation. My opinion (and I am also asking yours by this post) is that calling oneself with the term Satanist and holding these ideas of God(Satan) or Salvation is problem if we start with the Atheism and the idea of man as his own god. If satanist cannot really make himself to be THE ONLY GOD THAT EXIST he cannot really be free from being slave to others but bows down to the image.

With this rationalization my only conclusion is that so called "theistic Satanist" cannot be Satanist in the way Satanic Bible teaches cause their theism make them to be slaves of religious authority aka god.

Now if you have ideas and comment about this issue I would enjoy to read them, so please. Discuss. smile

#474658 - 05/16/12 01:58 AM Re: Theism [Re: Janina]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

If they call themselves Satanists but believe in salvation offered to them from some deity, rather than through themselves, they need to change their label to something closer to devil worship. Magus LaVey said he had felt the presence of Satan in a book I read, most likely his biography, but only as an exteriorized PROJECTION of HIS potential as a human being. Not some god, not some other person, him.

If they call themselves Satanists and by doing so mean the only kind there is, codified by Magus LaVey, but still believe in some separate external god other than themselves as their only god, they need to pick up The Satanic Bible or go on the google machine and do a little bit of reading.

And not to step on your toes Janina, but the term atheist isn't quite right for a Satanist. Atheism is lack of belief in god(s). Satanism champions the individual as their own god, thus creating Itheism, the worship of self. Magus Gilmore has a few good essays about this topic in his book, The Satanic Scriptures, if you can still find a copy.
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#474659 - 05/16/12 02:08 AM Re: Theism [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Hatred_Incarnate

And not to step on your toes Janina, but the term atheist isn't quite right for a Satanist. Atheism is lack of belief in god(s). Satanism champions the individual as their own god, thus creating Itheism, the worship of self. Magus Gilmore has a few good essays about this topic in his book, The Satanic Scriptures, if you can still find a copy.

You are not stepping on my toes Hatred_Incarnate, cause getting the thoughts and ideas from others was exactly why I started this thread at first place!

I have a copy of High Priest Gilmoreīs book the Satanic Scriptures on my bookshelf and I preserve the book very much.

In the meaning I use Atheism is the idea that when labeling oneself with the term Satanist, one should accept that outside of my own being there is no separate god as entity. I see that being ones own god means that we stop searching liberation from outside and realize that all the images of god or salvation after death are just creation of our own human mind.

#474661 - 05/16/12 03:37 AM Re: Theism [Re: Janina]
LordofDarkness Online
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: Janina
In Satanism we have no theism. We donīt behold or bow any Gods or Masters or give our obedience to any deity, what our finder and first High Priest Anton Szandor LaVey clearly pointed in his literal works many times. In Satanic Bible for example Dr.LaVey wrote:

"Man has always created his gods, rather than his gods creating him".

It still seems that there are numerous people who describe themselves with the term Satanist and still hold some "spiritual pipe dreams" about eternal life or some kind of salvation. My opinion (and I am also asking yours by this post) is that calling oneself with the term Satanist and holding these ideas of God(Satan) or Salvation is problem if we start with the Atheism and the idea of man as his own god. If satanist cannot really make himself to be THE ONLY GOD THAT EXIST he cannot really be free from being slave to others but bows down to the image.

With this rationalization my only conclusion is that so called "theistic Satanist" cannot be Satanist in the way Satanic Bible teaches cause their theism make them to be slaves of religious authority aka god.

Now if you have ideas and comment about this issue I would enjoy to read them, so please. Discuss. smile

Not only is this your opinion, but I insist it to be known as a fact.

I wrote an essay about this a while back and I still stand to what I wrote. The following quote is not part of the essay. Just a random quote about the subject. grin

Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
One cannot be that which one is not defined to be.

Now you listen to me, Private Pyle... And you listen good... I want that [Disney movie]... And I want it now... You will place that [Disney movie] on the deck at your feet, and step back away from it... wink

Edited by LordofDarkness (05/16/12 03:45 AM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#474678 - 05/16/12 09:05 AM Re: Theism [Re: Janina]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Do you think anyone here will disagree? Anyone other than a confused weirdo who happens to wander in from the wrong end of Google, I mean.

Hasn't this been covered in the Satanic Bible? Isn't this part of the core dogma that unites us and brings us to these forums in the first place?

#474679 - 05/16/12 09:39 AM Re: Theism [Re: reprobate]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Unfortunately it seems that there is those weirdos who disagree with these things.

The actual point in this topic was not just to repeat the words of Magus LaVey, but criticize the idea that one could call himself Satanist and still hold spiritual believes. I mean there really is people who seem to have problems with understanding what Carnal Religion means, and many of them label themselves with the term Satanist..

#474681 - 05/16/12 09:48 AM Re: Theism [Re: Janina]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Unfortunately it seems that there is those weirdos who disagree with these things.

Okay, but the point I'm angling for is this: Those people don't read anything. If they read anything at all, they'd know better. Because it says all of this right there in the SB. So, if they're not going to read the words of Anton LaVey, founder of Satanism, why do you think they'll read a forum post by you, who are (as far as they are concerned) an anonymous internet stranger?

You won't change their minds, because they don't care, and everyone who will take the time to read and form an informed opinion on your post will already agree with you. I'm just worried you're preaching to the choir, at best.

Edited by reprobate (05/16/12 09:49 AM)

#474682 - 05/16/12 10:03 AM Re: Theism [Re: reprobate]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Unfortunately you may be right Warlock Reprobate.

The thing I was concerned was doesnīt they see any contradiction between their believes and teachings of Satanism. But like you said, if they havenīt even read the basic satanic teachings they probably wonīt get it!

#474696 - 05/16/12 04:28 PM Re: Theism [Re: Janina]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
The thing I was concerned was doesnīt they see any contradiction between their believes and teachings of Satanism. But like you said, if they havenīt even read the basic satanic teachings they probably wonīt get it!

It is not only devil worshippers that are uninformed. Unfortunately, the majority of people form their opinions about something very quickly, without doing necessary and objective research.

A considerable number of people think that Satanism is devil worship. One can sometimes hear the standard question "How can somebody reject God and pray to this horrible Devil/Satan?" What they do not understand is that for people, who call themselves theistic Satanists, Satan is not an evil god (evil in the Christian sense, meaning full of hatred, demanding human or animal sacrifice and so on). On the contrary, it is a very benevolent deity who rewards his faithful servants.

It all starts with a rebellion against the Christian God whom these folks regard as cruel, unjust, unforgiving and too demanding. However, they still need a deity who will help and protect them, they simply want to be...loved. Therefore, their rants about Father Satan, be it on their websites or on facebook, are very sentimental. Satan is a fair and loving daddy who cares for his children and, when they die, he will take them to Hell, where they will have endless entertainment. devilchili

It all seems quite nice. The so called "theistic Satanism" is not very different from good old Christianity, just a little more easygoing. smile

Forum Stats
12016 Members
73 Forums
43827 Topics
405222 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements