Topic Options
#475583 - 06/28/12 02:50 PM Active Membership
Mr_Darkside Offline

Loc: England, UK
Hi,
For a while now I have been considering registering for membership, and have been putting money aside each month to afford the fee. I also figured that while sending my application, it may be beneficial for me to also send an active member application at the same time purely for ease.
So my questions are, does an active member need to hold any sort of level of success in the real world, I.e, own business, advanced degree etc? I currently don' have my own business, but do earn a steady income. This doesn't mean I don't have ambition, it is just a case of me finding something I will enjoy putting so much energy into.
I've also seen members on this forum say the best way to "earn your stripes" as it were, is to be active. Could someone please offer an example? I would like to perhaps start up my own blog concerning questions people have about Satanism in general (this idea was inspired by LaVeys Letters From The Devil column). I really like the idea. So how exactly does one bring something to the table and show what they have to offer? I'm not all that confident with public speaking, so I would probably refuse activity of that kind, but writing and attempting to educate is fine.
Ultimately I would hate to spend so much time filling out an application if I am going to be deemed not ready. The form is quite lengthy and would take time to complete, so I'd rather know the credentials as it were and wait until a more appropriate time if that is the case.

Cheers guys. Your help is appreciated.

#475584 - 06/28/12 03:13 PM Re: Active Membership [Re: Mr_Darkside]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
No you don't need to own your own business or be financially successful.

We do not necessarily measure success in the same way as most people do.

An example that I have used before is this: perhaps you like model railways. It is your hobby, it costs you money to persue your passion.

But you have built a model railway that is the envy of every model railway enthusiast who sees it.

It wins awards.

It's simply about following one's passion to the fullest.

Quite often though, members of the CoS do make money. But it's usually a result of their passion. Not in the pursuit of money itself.

Don't worry too much over filling in the form. We're not looking for the WBC heavyweight champion of the world.

The way you present yourself generally through it will just give us a feel for who you are.

Send the application and just get on with your life. If you present yourself well and make connections with other members that are mutually productive and helpful it will all fall into place.

#475585 - 06/28/12 03:19 PM Re: Active Membership [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr_Darkside Offline

Loc: England, UK
That's fantastic. I don't know how I would go about connecting with other Satanists, as I for one simply call myself an atheist. But I'm sure like you said, the opportunities will eventually present themselves.
Thank you.

#475586 - 06/28/12 03:24 PM Re: Active Membership [Re: Mr_Darkside]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
No problem.

I should add - when I say don't worry too much about filling in the form, I didn't mean scribble it out and send it.
grin

I mean, just let us see who you are. Our attitude to life speaks volumes about us.

I'm sure you know what I meant. But you know, just in case some people read it and misunderstand what I was saying.

Cheers.

#476659 - 07/13/12 12:15 PM Re: Active Membership [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Lucifers Servant Offline

Loc: Rome, NY
Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here.

All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by Quaark (07/13/12 12:26 PM)

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404212 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements