Topic Options
#475591 - 06/28/12 06:34 PM Profile Picture
Venator Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Southern California
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am in need of assistance, regarding the profile picture.

First off, I am not computer savvy, but I think ,I have done everything the instructions advised me to do….click this, click that, resize this, rotate that, pixels this and submit that. And, I am still met with negative results.

I just get a small box, which appears to be a question mark, staring back at me.

Any advise on how I can overcome this small, yet challenging obstacle, please feel free to data-dump that intel. It would be greatly appreciated.

Venator

“Somebody, please waterboard Jeremy Scahill”

#475597 - 06/28/12 08:06 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Venator]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

This is one of several known bugs in the current script. It is affecting all or nearly all users in the same way.

LttD recently migrated to a new server and fixing this is a part of the housecleaning to do list the Good Magister has on his plate.

I also hope it is fixed soon.

#475599 - 06/28/12 08:51 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Quaark]
Venator Offline
CoS Member

Daark:

I thank you for such a quick response, taking the time to inform me as to why the problem of profile pictures may be occurring, and that the problem shall hopefully be rectified soon.

#475606 - 06/29/12 12:03 AM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Venator]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Venator: Upload your avatar to somewhere offsite like Photobucket first, and then use the URL option to link directly to it in the meantime rather than the direct upload option. I have tested this, it works just fine.

#476413 - 07/10/12 06:55 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: TheDegenerate]
JDBones Offline

Originally Posted By: TheDegenerate
Venator: Upload your avatar to somewhere offsite like Photobucket first, and then use the URL option to link directly to it in the meantime rather than the direct upload option. I have tested this, it works just fine.

I tried doing this, but I get no URL option in the 'Edit profile' (my stuff->edit profile) section - I have only upload from computer or use custom avatar options. Can you please let me know where to look for the URL option?

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

#476605 - 07/12/12 11:39 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: TheDegenerate]
Venator Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: TheDegenerate

Yeah, I have tried this a few times, utilizing different sites. All being met with negative results.

Venator

#476610 - 07/13/12 12:08 AM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Venator]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Try this one. It worked for me.

http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

First, upload a picture. Before you do this make sure the file type says image. I haven't tried just putting the url, so you may want to right click and save the picture, unless you are just uploading from your computer.

On the right side of your screen your picture should be loaded. Hit view full size image. After this put your pointer over the picture and right click and open link. The picture should now have its own url.

Just go in your edit profile and use your url option instead of the upload option. Then hit submit. It should work.

One more thing. If your image is too big, then you can transfer the image to paint and resize it that way. Then just repeat the steps.

Edited by Waya (07/13/12 12:26 AM)

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#478380 - 08/07/12 12:51 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Venator]
Stilts Offline

Loc: Michigan
I am having the same issue as in the initial post. I have tried to upload an avatar, and it just does not seem to work. I have re-sized it numerous times, the last one all the way down to 50x67, and still to no avail. I have read through the postings here, and it appears that the only answer is to use the url option instead. When I go into the edit profile option, where the avatar selections are, they only give me two choices - to upload one from my computer, or to choose a stock version. With my satannet picture, all worked well. I have been trying on LttD for two (maybe three) days now and no "luck".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

"If I had a dime for every time a homeless man asked me for change... I'd still say 'no'."
- Bo Burnham

#478381 - 08/07/12 01:50 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Stilts]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I just gave you an avatar to test. Tyrion says hi.

There should be these options:

- No avatar
- Upload avatar
- Link URL to avatar
- Use stock avatar

Do you not have those options? If not then please link the URL of the avatar you would like to use and I'll fix it myself, unless you've grown fond of the little imp of course. wink

#478383 - 08/07/12 03:13 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Stilts Offline

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
I just gave you an avatar to test. Tyrion says hi.

There should be these options:

- No avatar
- Upload avatar
- Link URL to avatar
- Use stock avatar

Do you not have those options? If not then please link the URL of the avatar you would like to use and I'll fix it myself, unless you've grown fond of the little imp of course. wink

Excellent choice for a test drive! Who couldn't have a sense of fondness of the royal imp!
However, the only options *I* have in the screen are:
No avatar.
Upload avatar.
Use stock avatar.

If you could please link this url to my picture (hopefully provided below), sadly replacing the great Tyrion, it would be appreciated! Khaleesi is my personal favorite cool

Many thanks!!!
http://tinypic.com/r/1255lc7/6

"If I had a dime for every time a homeless man asked me for change... I'd still say 'no'."
- Bo Burnham

#478391 - 08/07/12 04:42 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Stilts]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Done. Not sure why the link to photo option isn't available but until that is corrected (I cannot fix such problem unfortunately), I've added the link to your photo myself.

#478403 - 08/07/12 08:25 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Stilts Offline

Thank you much! It is appreciated eek

- Bo Burnham

#480490 - 09/13/12 06:39 PM Re: Profile Picture [Re: Venator]
Cain Smith Offline

I want to upload this image as my avatar, can someone help me?

Forum Stats
12157 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405735 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements