Topic Options
#476274 - 07/09/12 08:23 AM American Athiests
Wolfe
Unregistered

Hello. I'd like to about the organization called American Athiests, and affiliation with said organization. I have not yet fully researched the organization, but was wondering if there would be any conflict regarding joining that organization. I would also be interested in attending any athiest conferences should the opportunity present itself in the future. I am of course an athiest by default, but my first loyalty lies with the CoS. Thank you.

#476277 - 07/09/12 08:36 AM Re: American Athiests [Re: ]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

No, there would be no conflict I can see.

The two relevant questions about conflict in having membership in both the CoS and other organizations...

1. Is the other organization explicitly opposed to, self-declared enemies of, the CoS?

2. Does the other organization actively work towards explicitly anti-Satanic goals or openly endorse criminal activities?

Many members of the CoS belong to an extremely wide variety of different organizations without issue.

In this specific case I see no problems whatsoever.

#476471 - 07/11/12 07:08 AM Re: American Athiests [Re: Quaark]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here.

All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by Quaark (07/11/12 09:42 AM)

#476479 - 07/11/12 08:51 AM Re: American Athiests [Re: ]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
I frequently look at atheist blogs such as freethought. Some of them are interesting, well-written, providing useful bits of news … some of them post pictures of their beautiful pets.

Occasionally a naïve newbie wanders in and tries to explain to atheists that Satanists do not worship Satan. S\he gets run out of town.

Some of the top atheists are too intelligent not to have read the Satanic Bible. However, it is certainly not in their interest to enlighten their sheeple.

If I joined an atheist organization, despite the fact that I have no hostile intention whatsoever, I should feel that I was walking on eggshells.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#476481 - 07/11/12 09:41 AM Re: American Athiests [Re: MagdaGraham]
Wolfe
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: MagdaGraham
I frequently look at atheist blogs such as freethought. Some of them are interesting, well-written, providing useful bits of news … some of them post pictures of their beautiful pets.

Occasionally a naïve newbie wanders in and tries to explain to atheists that Satanists do not worship Satan. S\he gets run out of town.

Some of the top atheists are too intelligent not to have read the Satanic Bible. However, it is certainly not in their interest to enlighten their sheeple.

If I joined an atheist organization, despite the fact that I have no hostile intention whatsoever, I should feel that I was walking on eggshells.

Thank you for that insight. I understand what you mean, and I will have to take your comments into consideration. I've already had negative experience in another forum which was a mix of athiests, christians, etc. It was made very clear that Satanists were not allowed.

#476496 - 07/11/12 04:01 PM Re: American Athiests [Re: MagdaGraham]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: MagdaGraham

I've seen a number of these militant atheists explicitly state that they wish to see all religion eliminated. To them, this includes the non-theistic religions as well. These are the types of atheists who, even when you correct their ignorant assumptions of what Satanism is, will just try to find some other aspect of Satanism to thoroughly criticize.

As for American Atheists, I don't see anything in their mission statement that would inherently contradict the principles of Satanism:
http://atheists.org/content/aims-and-principles
(Though personally I find their definition of "atheism" to be absurdly detailed. "Atheism" really doesn't mean anything more than not believing in a deity.)

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405811 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements