Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#476527 - 07/12/12 02:26 AM Re: Just purchased The Secret Life of A Satanist.. [Re: Unknown]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

Originally Posted By: Unknown
So keep your eyes on www.churchofsatan.com news page and you may be able to order the revised edition sooner or later!

I first saw that post about 5 or 6 years ago when I first found out I was a Satanist. I really hope it comes out soon, but I'm not holding my breath because the 'higher ups' have their hands full with their own lives, and they're doing much expanding on the new version and yada yada yada. In short, I'm not holding my breath for it to be released tomorrow.
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#476537 - 07/12/12 06:53 AM Re: Just purchased The Secret Life of A Satanist.. [Re: deon24]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Loc: NC
I recently purchased a copy of the same book from Amazon. I am still reading it too. I'll let you know my thoughts on the book once I finish reading it. But, so far so good. Like another member said, it's like sitting down and talking with Doktor LaVey himself.

"Life is the great indulgence--death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life--HERE AND NOW!"

#476593 - 07/12/12 08:45 PM Re: Book Recommendations! [Re: Unknown]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: Unknown
[...] expanding into the bibliography of The Satanic Witch.

And for that, this can help: http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/

CoffinRust.com | On Facebook | On Undercroft | The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography

The Church of Satan Baphomet Altarpiece
The ONLY Altarpiece endorsed by the Church of Satan, using the Trademarked CoS Sigil of Baphomet.
A percentage from each piece sold is proudly paid directly to the organization for this privilege.
Do not accept imitations!

#476594 - 07/12/12 09:26 PM Re: Just purchased The Secret Life of A Satanist.. [Re: thorn9]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I do still have a copy of The Devil's Avenger. Put it on the market before, for whatever reason I haven't sold it. I would be willing to consider offers if someone really wants the book and will appreciate it. Send me a private message if you want to.

The strengths of Secret Life of a Satanist are immediately apparent. It was written later and therefore covers more ground on not only Anton LaVey but the history of the Church of Satan in general. The writing is solid, it's fun, it's just all around a good read.

I would say the way in which The Devil's Avenger stands out is in the literary descriptions of Anton LaVey and the rituals he constructed. Rituals that aren't, as far as I'm aware, in any other literature to such a degree. Very fun rituals, ones that aim to infuriate some and make others laugh.

So I found myself more educated by "The Secret Life of a Satanist" and more entertained by "The Devil's Avenger." Both have strengths, neither are weak.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406348 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements