Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#467222 - 12/31/11 12:13 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: Selfist]
Pick666 Offline

Loc: California
Selfist, welcome! I'm fairly new here as well, but it seems to be filled with good, honest people. Shit, I haven't been "flamed" here yet, so I always take that as a good sign!

dvlchild, I didn't even bother reading yours. Please, if you are going to continue posting, work on your grammar and punctuation. Just from that post, I have a hard time believing you are over the age of 14, much less 46.

#476882 - 07/18/12 04:13 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: Selfist]
mexluver2012 Offline

I can relate only I suffer from gad and have to take medsfor panic and anxiety. I'm an athiest and Dr. Lavay Magus Gilmore are my motivational heros and what they have tought me in there writngs. I tried looking for every. Ungodly sect or religion but Satanism and the cos are what truly represent my views and inner self. I have read and own all the books films on the cos. I'm not a member because someone living in fear as I do is not worthy of

being a member however I cherish the philosophy and try and apply as much as I can in life. Hail Satan! !

Edited by mexluver2012 (07/18/12 04:17 AM)

#476933 - 07/19/12 10:46 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: Selfist]
Wolfe
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Selfist
Originally Posted By: Shade
That was very interesting article, both of them. Is SAD the same thing as agoraphobia?

Social Anxiety Disorder and Agoraphobia are often confused, just as "anxiety attacks" and "panic attacks" are. The clinical symptoms of SAD don't include panic attacks, although one can experience anxiety attacks.

I thought that SAD was seasonal affective disorder. Anyway, welcome. Isolation, solitude, and misanthropy are gifts from the Devil. Use them.

#476938 - 07/19/12 11:26 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: ]
Selfist Offline

Loc: Maine, USA
Originally Posted By: Selfist
Social Anxiety Disorder and Agoraphobia are often confused, just as "anxiety attacks" and "panic attacks" are. The clinical symptoms of SAD don't include panic attacks, although one can experience anxiety attacks.

Originally Posted By: Shade
I thought that SAD was seasonal affective disorder. Anyway, welcome. Isolation, solitude, and misanthropy are gifts from the Devil. Use them.

Thank you for the welcome, Shade.

Just to clarify, most people with social anxiety disorder don't dislike people, they fear situations that involve people. And, I doubt that anyone with the condition would ever see forced isolation or solitude as a 'gift'.

As for the acronym SAD, it had been used for both conditions. I'm now seeing "SAnD" used for social anxiety disorder, and I'm happy to see the differentiation made.

Edited by Selfist (07/19/12 11:30 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404445 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements