Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#477052 - 07/20/12 09:50 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Ezpzcpizzi
You all seem intelligent, but unwilling to develop a conversation, and quite pompous, honestly. I just wanted human perspective - to put a person to a religion - but the response just feels robotic.

Well first of all. You are theorizing now something you donīt understand because of lack of information!

I was not suppose to comment this topic cause you already got the answers you need, and you got them from members of our Priesthood Magister Phineas and Priest Tronje. Still after reading your post I got one question to my mind and I wanted to ask you the question before sharing my knowledge with you (If thatīs selfish then fine).

Did you understand what "getting everything for free" meant, or are you just trying to argue for the reason of provocation? All the information you are asking people to share is alredy there and all of us have found it with study. Why you should now get it free before even sharing who you are with the rest of us?

Like Psychotherapeut already stated, if you are not willing to even read the Satanic Bible, which is the base and includes the essence of whole philosophy, why you think those who did to share automatically all their inspiration and understanding with you? It is basically the same than asking your classmate in school to do your homework cause you are not interested to study certain issue and then assume that after your mate has done the homeworks you somehow magically understand the issue without reading a word about actual issue

#477053 - 07/20/12 09:58 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Psychotherapeut]
Ezpzcpizzi Offline
Whinebag

I comprehend many complicated philosophies, I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about me. I'm just not sure why everyone assumes all others and below them and cannot fathom what they can understand.

I have read all that is available on that website, and I would be willing to read the bible if it were not something I had to pay for.

I am also not trying to get people convincing me to join, that is obviously not why I would talk to people of other religions. As I said before, I am an atheist, and I plan to stay that way. I enjoy educating myself on other religions and how they help humans, generally creating the appeal of that religion. This specific religion is intriguing because I do not find a lot of people just looking for a way to cope with whatever in their life, but intelligent people. Doing what, I don't know. I can't read the bible, I do not have it. The appeal of this religion is intriguing though, how could intelligent humans even be interested in religion itself? What is it that enhances a persons life?

But I know I ask everything in vain because I get no answer, no matter what.

#477054 - 07/20/12 09:58 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

It all sounds so selfish.

It's right there in the book, we are a very selfish people.

First, why so defensive? I'm attempting to ask questions without making anything sound offensive.

But basically, yeah, I'm spot on that you're more or less saying you believe we do this to be antagonistic. You just didn't want to be too obvious about saying that. Frankly, it sounds kinda chickenshit.

I really hate this conversation because I feel everything I say is taken from an argumentative stance, and blown out of proportion.

I quote your first post:

"I have not done that much research on this topic"

"I ask of you to provide me with answers"

To put it in simple terms, you've basically said "I've come to this conversation utterly unprepared. There exists well over a thousand pages of 'canon' literature, most of it available at mass market paperback prices, which I have refused to read. I challenge the reason for this organization existing and would like your membership to write a detailed explanation summarizing that entire body of literature, as well as what knowledge they've gained from informal interaction and discussion. A simple explanation will not do, I will badger you until I get the full answer."

You use the analogy of asking an expert rather than taking the full course. Sounds fine - would you ask a psychologist to justify their entire field to you, for free, with zero prep work or understanding of the basics?

You've actually been treated pretty kindly. We get this question or some variant on it, like clockwork, a few times a month, and the stock answer is "Piss off, read the book, if you still have questions, then we're here." And really, so it is here. There's no way for us to convey this to someone who is admittedly as ignorant of Satanism as you are.

Oh - there is one other thing, that perhaps you didn't quite catch. Unlike evangelical religions, which generally WANT to explain their religion to others in hopes of gaining converts, compatriots, sympathizers, or what have you - we don't. At all. We seek no converts, we do not strive to be understood, we are what we are, and there is no profit in explaining ourselves to outsiders.

#477056 - 07/20/12 10:03 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Janina]
Ezpzcpizzi Offline
Whinebag

I do not understand what getting it for free meant. I took it literally, as I do most things. I'm not sure what you mean by sharing who I am with you. That doesn't seem to fit in to the responses.

And like I have stated now, revising my earlier statement, I would be willing, knowing that it is not extremely long and seeing some things on this forum about how wonderful it is. I just can not order and read it immediately. Granted I have read other religious books, it does not seem very far fetched.

#477059 - 07/20/12 10:11 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ezpzcpizzi Offline
Whinebag

Again, and again, and again, I can say that I don't have a problem with your religion, but by god if you don't just shut that out. Sounds like you want people to hate you.

All these silly analogies really aren't doing it for me. It is a pretty simple concept that is attempting to be conveyed. I am just attempting to maneuver around it. I don't feel like waiting for a book to be delivered then coming back and asking you about the topic. As of this point, seems pretty pointless to keep attempting to educate myself on this religion. I'm positive that it does not contain some wildly amazing life secrets that I need to know, and beyond that, this whole fiasco is not worth it.

By the way I did catch that. You didn't throw me off by attempting to be verbose.

#477061 - 07/20/12 10:21 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Ezpzcpizzi
I do not understand what getting it for free meant. I took it literally, as I do most things. I'm not sure what you mean by sharing who I am with you. That doesn't seem to fit in to the responses.

Okay, I try to state it so simply that even you will understand it.

What reason do you give me to give all my knowledge to you without getting anything back?

Why do you assume that I, or anybody else, would be interested to convert you to Satanism and give away all the results of years of study when we do not even know who you are?

#477062 - 07/20/12 10:24 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I don't feel like waiting for a book to be delivered then coming back and asking you about the topic.

Then we don't feel like explaining anything to you. See how easy this is?

I'm positive that it does not contain some wildly amazing life secrets that I need to know

No it doesn't. No claim is made that it does.

Again, and again, and again, I can say that I don't have a problem with your religion, but by god if you don't just shut that out. Sounds like you want people to hate you.

Whether some guy who washes up here demanding answers without putting in any time hates us amounts to less than a cup of piss.

#477063 - 07/20/12 10:31 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
"Also I have no idea how that theory relates to you all starting trouble with people..."

We don't start trouble with people. That's definitely against our tennants. We will give it back to them ten fold, though, if they start with us.

#477064 - 07/20/12 10:35 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Psychotherapeut]
Ezpzcpizzi Offline
Whinebag

You know, you are correct. I have enjoyed your answers the very best. I even plan to take astronomy classes soon, with no use but my own benefit.

I am done talking to you all. I believe I will read the Satanic bible, I have found my way. If it is as interesting as the people on this forum say it is, I won't be disappointed. Maybe then I will have constructed, focused questions for you. Hopefully they will just be answered though. Thank you all for your patience.

Also, I am a twenty three year old woman, who enjoys her studies. My name is Mallory. I read a lot, and I don't enjoy going out too much. Since you all would like to know who I am. I'm very simple. I enjoy new conversation. Hard to get here, but still, I am sorry to bother so much. I don't like arguments.

Edited by Ezpzcpizzi (07/20/12 10:41 PM)

#477066 - 07/20/12 10:45 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
It's not about needing a religion to tell you how to act, think, or feel; it's about appreciating having a name for the way you've pretty much lived your life and approached the world all along.

There are many atheists who don't relate to or understand Satanism's values and ideas, and even some that object to them. So, it's an approach to the world that doesn't resonate with everyone.

Originally Posted By: Psychotherapeut
From what I can disseminate your question is basically "what is the point of Satanism?" This is hardly something that would be summarized in a few sentences and neatly wrapped with a bow on top. It is individually defined, and without reading and learning you can't expect this concept or philosophy to translate regardless.

Well put!

The questions that have been asked thus far are, at least for me, difficult to answer in any truly meaningful and helpful way, starting from square zero.

I think it'd be pretty much the same, if you asked a Buddhist what the point of Buddhism was, or asked a Christian for the point of Christianity. You need to have some background knowledge first, for the conversation to actually go somewhere and accomplish something.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#477067 - 07/20/12 10:52 PM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
What's the big deal of just waiting and spend $10 for a paperback book that has all your answers?

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#477075 - 07/21/12 12:37 AM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
This religion is looked down upon by so many, I would assume that explaining why it is important to the people participating would not be a problem.

That is kind of a snide attitude to take with people who you are asking to spoon feed you isn't it?

In other words, you are assuming that we are in dire need of acceptance.

We should be ever so grateful that you came along and are willing to give us a chance.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way here.

You came here.

No one asked you to.

You should be trying to gain acceptance of the people who participate on here, not the other way around.

Perhaps, you should also buy some books on etiquette.

Just my opinion.

#477077 - 07/21/12 01:21 AM Re: You could say I don't understand the church of Satan. [Re: Ezpzcpizzi]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Thread is now a dead horse. Locked.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406020 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements