Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#476810 - 07/16/12 08:10 AM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
According to those books that rate the stress levels of different events in your life, I should have been dead last Tuesday. But I’m not. I don’t claim to hold any secrets as to why I am not in a straight jacket; but, I do hold to three keystones…1) Reframe, reframe, reframe. Events that take place around me, I generally cannot control. How I view those events is all up to me. 2) Never go out of my way to read “the news”. It isn’t. 3) Regular bowel movements. The quality of a BM tells you a lot about how you are dealing with stress. Like a two year old, I know I’m doing things right as long as everything is coming out right. These are my secrets. I have no idea how anyone gets along in life without stress. Seriously…I mean, when really great things happen…that is also stress! That’s why kids cry so much at Disney World. There is too much cool shit going on around them. Got a raise? That is stressful. Met someone great? That is stressful.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#476813 - 07/16/12 02:47 PM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Bill_M]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Then there's "joyful stress"! A Satanic lesson from The Jeffersons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn1bqemvzXQ#t=3m50s

Haha! That's me. Yelling over the phone and even yelling off the phone. But black people are just loud in general.

Just the other day I walked in the check cashing place to pay a bill and the clerk noticed that one of my $20 bills was the old version. I was like "THE ATM MACHINE GAVE ME THAT! THAT CAME OUT THE ATM!!!" She said "Wow man you don't have to get all aggravated."

#476835 - 07/17/12 01:20 AM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Quaark]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Quaark
Ah! Yet another thing we have in common.

I view stress as something akin to nuclear waste.

You have a nuclear power plant, you get waste, period.

It's just there. You try to design the plant to make as little as possible in the first place, and try to manage the waste as best you can. And one better damn well pay attention to the little meters that tell you when it's reaching really dangerous levels.

But not having it is not an option. That's like a cruel joke.

I guess some peoples lives are more like windmills or solar panels.

Lucky bastards.

I would go even further and say that I personally need some level of stress to be creative. I am constantly working in quite many different arenas in my personal life and stress truly helps me to focus.

I don´t see that the Satanism would have destroyed all my stress with some hocus pocus trick, cause I ,like Reverend here, also believe it is something which every creative persons do have as an side effect of their creativity.

I personally think stress as a tool, I use it to give me more power when I temporarily need it more and when I do not need it I just throw it away and focus on relaxing.

I agree with the comment of Shade about zero stress, I do not believe there is any zero level cause without stress you have no adrenaline and without adrenaline and the effects of dopamine in your brains you would be just phlegmatic drifter!

#476836 - 07/17/12 01:40 AM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

When I said 'are you stressed' I should have been more specific in my question by asking are you habitually stressed. Like day in and day out you cannot relax, you're always worried about something, there's always a problem or conflict on your mind.

For me where Satanism came in to get rid of that sort of stress is it gave me the mental emancipation I needed to put those worries and concerns and whatnot off to the side and enjoy life here and now. I was always mulling over negative situations and ideas in my mind nonstop, but after reading The Satanic Bible I found out I could tell those things to fuck off. I would come back to them when the time was right, if they were things I could help that was.
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#476843 - 07/17/12 05:42 AM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

On average? Fairly high. I wouldn't want to have it any other way. It gets shit done.

I agree totally with you Reverend, I also "like it hot" so to speak. I need certain level of Stress to get my shit done as well and when I have done the best I can it is not stress anymore, but joy.. wink

#476845 - 07/17/12 07:05 AM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Laren Offline

Loc: Australia
I work in a commercial kitchen. :P

I try to balance out the stress of work by buying things I want with the money I earn and I try not to get caught up in the little things.

It's tough, but I like to think that I'm tougher.

#476856 - 07/17/12 01:59 PM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Nufan Offline

Just wanted to say a parable because caught my eyes, and I thought it might be funny, and relevant.

Scientists put 3 monkeys into a cage, and put a banana at the top of the cage. One monkey gets curious and starts to climb up to get the banana, the scientists take a fire-hose and thoroughly dose all 3 monkeys. The next time the monkey goes up the other two monkeys beat the shit out of him. The scientists take out one of the monkeys and bring in a brand new one. They put a banana at the top of the cage, as soon as the new monkey climbs towards the banana the other 2 monkeys grab him and beat the crap out of him.

The scientists then take out another one of the original monkeys so there are the two monkeys who hadn't been doused and the original one who had with the same results of beating the new monkey who climbed for the banana. Then they take out the last original monkey so none of the monkeys who had originally been doused are in the cage, the newest monkey goes for the banana and gets beaten. He asks why did you beat me? The other monkey replied I don't know that's just the way we have always done it.

#476914 - 07/18/12 09:46 PM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Nufan]
Wolfe
Unregistered

Hell yes, I'm stressed! I work way beyond the 40-hour week in America. Also, I'm surrounded by idiots who worship a fat man who sits on his ass. Still, I make time to do what I need to do. I deal with the stress by doing yoga, lifting weights and playing music. The stress must be used to power the engine, to push things forward. What's that line in Conan the Barbarian? "Plenty of time for peace in the grave." There is no peace in this world, and I wouldn't want it. Type A personality all the way!

#476940 - 07/19/12 04:40 PM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Janina]
JDBones Offline

Originally Posted By: Janina

On average? Fairly high. I wouldn't want to have it any other way. It gets shit done.

I agree totally with you Reverend, I also "like it hot" so to speak. I need certain level of Stress to get my shit done as well and when I have done the best I can it is not stress anymore, but joy.. wink

Hey, Janina - where did you dig this diagram? I am asking because this is an image that I designed last year for a client who runs a magazine at Cote D'Ivoire.

To comment on the topic, I am usually stressed in two different ways: 1) stress coming from things (work and activities) I like and 2) stress coming from things that I don't like. No.1 is for example when I work on a graphic design project or compose and record a new song. Then stress is actually not standing in my way and I'm phisically and emotionally comfortable (sometimes even more creative as some of you said above). But when for some reason I have to deal with things I don't like (especially when it's for a longer period), this really affects my mental peace. When I can't handle it anymore and the right point is reached, I ritualize this. Actually, a few times I've missed that point when it's just the RIGHT TIME and the consequences have not been good for me... which, of course, creates more stress. I guess I am learning this the hard way (which is usually the case with everything I do).

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

#476951 - 07/19/12 06:38 PM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Stress ROCKS! I love Stress!
HS!
coopdevil

Edited by Magister_Lang (07/19/12 06:39 PM)
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#476954 - 07/19/12 07:52 PM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: Magister_Lang]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Is that because you perform the most bad ass Satanic Rituals with it Magister Lang? grin

#477118 - 07/21/12 09:54 PM Re: Are you stressed? [Re: JDBones]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: JDBones

Hey, Janina - where did you dig this diagram? I am asking because this is an image that I designed last year for a client who runs a magazine at Cote D'Ivoire.
[/quote]

Hi J.D. Bones, I found the diagram by simple google image search..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405811 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements