Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#464795 - 11/27/11 04:09 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: My_Charge]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

The first time I encountered the Satanic Bible was in high school (1996). Another kid I knew had brought it to school for the shock value of it.

I was too chicken shit to read it then.

It wasn't until 2005 (25 years old) that I finally read it and had the same realization as you.

A lot of time waisted.

#464797 - 11/27/11 04:12 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: My_Charge]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

While it's nice to see you're reading through the threads, just be aware of the age of the thread before replying.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#476883 - 07/18/12 04:28 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
mexluver2012 Offline

All of Dr s literature are the most cherished books I own however TSB finnally let me see my true inner self. I read and study it every day. It's the most truth full book on life and man.

#477146 - 07/22/12 09:38 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: CWH]
Wolfe
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: CWH
The first time I encountered the Satanic Bible was in high school (1996). Another kid I knew had brought it to school for the shock value of it. I was too chicken shit to read it then. It wasn't until 2005 (25 years old) that I finally read it and had the same realization as you. A lot of time waisted.

I had a similar experience when I first read TSB at age twenty. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it's appropriate for this thread. At that age I was too ignorant to understand The Satanic Bible, and I associated Satanism with being the polar opposite of Christianity, i.e "devil worship". I grew up being forced to go to a christian church. As A kid, I was called a "walking encyclopedia of biblical knowledge" by the minister, but I was never baptized, for I always knew something wasn't right about it all. I read the book, but I didn't understand it. It's a little embarrassing, but perhaps other people had a similar experience.

It wasn't until later, having gone out into the world and lived a little, that I understood how TSB reflected nature and the world as it truly is. I think that, when approaching Satanism, a certain level of maturity is important. After that realization, I read everything else that was available at that time, and I finally "got it." I remember that time very clearly. It was truly an awakening, and now I can't imagine myself not being a Satanist. Satanism permeates my life, my art and my dealings with others, and the full importance of that is now beginning to manifest itself. And, you know, it feels pretty damned awesome!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43648 Topics
404205 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements