Topic Options
#478100 - 08/04/12 10:32 PM Embedding Videos?
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Greetings to those who read this.

Having been away from the board for a few years and now returning, YouTube and similar video sites have become quite popular. There are plenty of videos of my own and others that I wish to share in appropriate sections. However, I have no idea how to embed them right in the post rather then posting a link to the web page. I'd rather embed them for the convenience of everyone on the board. I've searched the tab options while creating a post, and have found no luck there. I've "Googled" for the solution, but nothing fruitful comes up...just ways to embed directly on a website, not within a post.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

#478104 - 08/04/12 10:57 PM Re: Embedding Videos? [Re: Mason_Rust]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Test video:

Yep, seems to be working. With a YouTube video, easiest way is to click the Share button, then the Embed option, which will give you HTML embed code. Copy and paste it to the LttD post, and make absolutely sure to enable HTML in your post. This post was written using both HTML and UBBCode; if you use only HTML, be aware that you'll have to use the br command to make line breaks, and usual forum markup won't work.

#478105 - 08/04/12 10:59 PM Re: Embedding Videos? [Re: Mason_Rust]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
I am having trouble getting the imbed feature from facebook to work too. That is where the only videos of my crow are frown

#478106 - 08/04/12 11:03 PM Re: Embedding Videos? [Re: StabAvery]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Are you able to get HTML code from Facebook? I do not know myself, I have never used Facebook.

Alternately, can you even get a URL for the video itself? If all else fails you should be able to generate your own embed code with that.

#478107 - 08/04/12 11:53 PM Re: Embedding Videos? [Re: Mason_Rust]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
Thank you, sir. That was my next attempt! I deleted my facebook account but they keept the accounts alive just deactivated unless you submit something in writing so it's still there for now. If I have to I will download a de-embeding tool for firefox and snatch it off the site then submit the formal "delete my site", papers.

#478125 - 08/05/12 05:12 AM Re: Embedding Videos? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Both yourself and Warlock Reprobate (through PM) have solved my issues. Thank you!

Forum Stats
12163 Members
73 Forums
43922 Topics
405747 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements