Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#471272 - 03/12/12 08:06 AM The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project

Quote:
"For those who don't know, the bibliography to 'The Compleat Witch' is a treasure trove of weird and wonderful books drastically ranging in subject matter."

This project was recently initiated by Reverend Slaughter. With the aid of Reverend Byrd and myself, Reverend Slaughter will post a blog every few days on one of the books listed in the bibliography of "The Compleat Witch". Each blog will contain information on the cited edition, information on other editions/reprints, online resources, front flap/back cover blurbs, and quotes from within the text. The first book up is "Untrodden Fields of Anthropology" by Dr. Jacobus X.

Participation by everyone is encouraged, especially if you happen to have different editions of the books (including foreign language editions) or spot an error on our part in the information provided.
Prevention of Virtue

#471281 - 03/12/12 10:29 AM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: LKRice]
A.S.P. Offline

CoS Priest

Loc: Hellfire Corner, England
A brilliant project idea indeed! I'll be following the progress closely at the blog - how exciting! coopdevil

ASP Apparel - Iconoclastic Clothing & Regalia
Featuring official Church of Satan licensed designs and Satanic symbols.
SatanNet | Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#471307 - 03/12/12 06:34 PM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: LKRice]
Lust Offline

This is fantastico!

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#471308 - 03/12/12 07:22 PM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: LKRice]
Belianon Offline

Loc: French overseas
That's an impressive project! Thank you so much!
- Jim Rohn

#471320 - 03/12/12 09:28 PM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: LKRice]
MrSlaughter Offline
CoS Reverend

I've been wanting to do this for well over a decade. My initial idea was to produce a book, but the absolutely insane amount of research was too much for me to consider for what would be one strange little nice book.
I've slowly collected a couple of dozen books from the 170 listed in the bibliography, and finally the time was right.
Instead of doing all kinds of research in the solitude and secrecy, and with the ease of blogging and the support of a social network or two, not only can the research be done with the aide of a few enthusiastic Satanic bibliophiles, but the research and production can be accomplished in public, and the few weird aficionados can contribute themselves at a whim, at any stage in the process.
We look to do at least one book a week, but books that we only have very little data on may be pushed out quickly so there will be multiple books in a week.
All in all, the project could go for more than two years, and theoretically it will exist in a way that as new information comes up at any point, it can be added.
At the end of the project, it may or may not be worth compiling it all into a physical book form, but it certainly will be easier and FAR better in this online edition than I could have imagined.

#471337 - 03/13/12 06:22 AM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: LKRice]
Sir Schwarzweise Offline

Loc: Hic et Nunc
This is quite a major project! Once again, this shows that Satanists are constantly working on something and spend their time productively. It's a pleasure to walk the earth with such people. Thank you!

Hail Satan!

#471340 - 03/13/12 07:35 AM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: MrSlaughter]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
You've no idea how thrilled I am about this project.

For me, Reverend, you exemplify what an elite individual actually is amidst a sea of mediocrity in this world. I'm always happy to see what you're up to.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#471341 - 03/13/12 08:35 AM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: Bruja]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Brilliant Idea!

I am also very excited to see the fruits of this project smile

#471354 - 03/13/12 11:07 AM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: LKRice]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Alabama
And for those on Facebook, hit that Like button on The Compleat Witch Page.

CoffinRust.com | On Facebook | On Undercroft | The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography

The Church of Satan Baphomet Altarpiece
The ONLY Altarpiece endorsed by the Church of Satan, using the Trademarked CoS Sigil of Baphomet.
A percentage from each piece sold is proudly paid directly to the organization for this privilege.
Do not accept imitations!

#475096 - 06/18/12 09:48 PM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: LKRice]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

We've been moving on and going strong with the title releases; go see what you've been missing.

And here's a little promo photo I took, my Witchy wife modeling. Those are titles from the bibliography in the background.

CoffinRust.com | On Facebook | On Undercroft | The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography

The ONLY Altarpiece endorsed by the Church of Satan, using the Trademarked CoS Sigil of Baphomet.
A percentage from each piece sold is proudly paid directly to the organization for this privilege.

#476828 - 07/16/12 05:48 PM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: LKRice]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

We're still posting an average of a title per week.

Here's our latest: http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/2012/07/straight-and-crooked-thinking.html

#476890 - 07/18/12 08:48 AM Re: The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography Project [Re: CoffinRust]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Looks like a good book! I think I'll pick it up.

#477329 - 07/24/12 07:33 PM The Mystery and Lore of Monsters [Re: LKRice]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

#477359 - 07/25/12 08:38 AM Re: The Mystery and Lore of Monsters [Re: CoffinRust]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
OOOoooooOOOOOOoooo shocked grin

I LOVE this book! It is essential part of anomalies collection: Bondeson, Mannix, Gould & Pyle, Leroi... and about a thousand books on freakshows. Quite a few curiosities listed in Compleat Witch bibliography!

Here's to the crooked trees. smile

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#477740 - 07/30/12 08:26 PM The Three Faces of Eve [Re: LKRice]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

Title: The Three Faces of Eve
Author: Corbett H. Thigpen, M.D. and Hervey M. Cleckley, M.D.

http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-three-faces-of-eve.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405797 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements