Topic Options
#478559 - 08/10/12 07:57 AM Freemasonry
Nufan Offline

I am just wondering how compatible this would be with Satanism's tenants. I know the belief in a higher power already would make it almost impossible. I just am wondering, because their brotherhood and the way they are organized seem like they would be a way to help elevate someone into higher positions, individually in the world. I have seen it first hand. I am sure this could be said of many other organizations, as well as possibly Satanism, if people are adhering to the whole 'good ol boys' philosophy. What are the official views on this, or if not official individual? If not freemasonry are there other organizations that would be similar, which would follow more along the lines of Satanist's views?

#478561 - 08/10/12 08:15 AM Re: Freemasonry [Re: Nufan]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I am just wondering how compatible this would be with Satanism's tenants. <<

The Church of Satan is not a great big housing block full of rooms we rent out. So we do not have tenants.

Perhaps you mean tenets?

No, membership of the Freemasons would not exclude anyone from also being a CoS member. Indeed, we have members who are also Freemasons. Though individuals themselves may well have incompatible views.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#478597 - 08/10/12 11:51 PM Re: Freemasonry [Re: Nufan]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Nufan
I know the belief in a higher power already would make it almost impossible.

A Freemason friend of mine once told me that the "higher power" question is a simple yes or no question with enough room for personal philosophical interpretation. So technically, an atheist could potentially be a Freemason since the higher power could be something that isn't a deity: the universe, the laws of physics, the self, whatever. Again, this is just what I heard personally from one Freemason.

Quote:
What are the official views on this, or if not official individual? If not freemasonry are there other organizations that would be similar, which would follow more along the lines of Satanist's views?

Barring obvious exceptions such as, say, pseudo-"Satanic" groups that explicitly bash LaVey and/or the CoS, or groups involved in criminal activity, Church of Satan members are pretty much free to join whatever additional organizations they want. Fraternal organizations such as the Freemasons, Elks Club, Moose Lodge, college fraternities, etc. don't fall into either category.

I know some Satanists who hold memberships in some of these sorts of organizations, as well as non-secretive organizations like Mensa, National Honors Society, the NRA, American Legion, and so on. It's up to the individual Satanist to decide what organizations, if any, will benefit him or herself.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#479179 - 08/21/12 01:24 AM Re: Freemasonry [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Nufan Offline

Yes I did mean tenets. Thank you all for information, it doesn't need to be a secret society, and masons are fairly visible around me anyways. I guess it all depends on the amount of acceptance the lodge would have, or their section of freemasonry.

Forum Stats
12152 Members
73 Forums
43916 Topics
405728 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements