Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#479032 - 08/19/12 02:09 AM Share your latest material enjoyment
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
This Friday I got a BIG surprise when I went to visit my parents. I just wanted to give them some flowers before my shopping.

I told them that we needed new cutlery, and I wanted to buy really high quality this time.

And now comes the funny part jack then my Father says, ''no don't buy any we have the best here from your grandparents, just go and find it upstairs, it's inside the big white cabinet.''

I then go upstairs and find it, and WOW I can see it's the best quality ever, and it's worth a lot of money.

But what makes me really happy about this is the history here, just think about how much wonderful food my ancestors have enjoyed with all this beautiful cutlery grin

#479049 - 08/19/12 12:00 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Loc: NC
Yesterday I was shopping for a new pair of earrings. My other earring had accidentally fallen behind my wife's stereo in her car. We were walking through the mall in an aimless fashion when we came across a curiosity shop. We ventured inside and parused the oddity laden aisles. I was surprised when I found a life size aluminum skull shimmering in the store's fluorescent lighting. I knew that it was truly one-of-a-kind. I debated within myself for several minutes. I wondered whether I should purchase the aluminum skull right then or whether I should trek across the mall and back searching for a better deal elsewhere. I arrived at the conclusion. I bought the skull right then and there. I had been previously looking for a similar type of skull for the ritual chamber anyway. So, "long story short," it's going to look great with the candlelight bouncing off of the aluminum skull's reflective surface!

Edited by Alonocus Blight (08/19/12 01:28 PM)

"Life is the great indulgence--death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life--HERE AND NOW!"

#479050 - 08/19/12 12:01 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Numb-Lock Offline

Finally purchased my books for paramedic's course. This is has been a huge goal for me life. Now the goal has evolved to taking my Satanism to the realm of Paramedics to see how they work together.

#479052 - 08/19/12 12:07 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Numb-Lock]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

It's a highly classified secret, but it's cool as hell.

#479065 - 08/19/12 03:38 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Quaark]
Electric Wizard Offline

The indulgence of choosing to buy a glass orb bracelet with a real spider trapped inside. Also glows in the dark. A worthy indulgence for my beloved symbol of web weavery, for $5. :]

#479077 - 08/19/12 10:23 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Wolfe
Unregistered

My latest purchase, a few days ago, was a Foghat cd. Foghat is a British blues rock band, and their first album is really gritty and raw sounding. This was a band that meant a lot to me and my friends when we were kids, so it's nice to rediscover something like that now and again.

#479079 - 08/19/12 10:33 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Stilts Offline

Loc: Michigan
The vast majority of my purchases are things for my dogs, since having happy pooches makes me happy!
Yesterday I bought them both peanut butter stuffed bones. It all adds up to a pretty penny, but they're worth each and every cent! smile

"If I had a dime for every time a homeless man asked me for change... I'd still say 'no'."
- Bo Burnham

#479117 - 08/20/12 08:46 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
My newest material enjoyment is a t-shirt I just bought.....

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#479153 - 08/20/12 07:54 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:
Share your latest material enjoyment

Seeing a never-seen-before edit of my all-time favorite movie (complete with lost footage), AND meeting the cast too.
http://www.monstermania.net/MMC22_GUESTS.html

And no, I'm not posting the photos in this thread.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#479154 - 08/20/12 08:02 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

I just recently bought a copy of the Devil's Avenger off of a friend. I'm just about done with the book and I've been enjoying it thoroughly. Well worth what I paid for it too, in my opinion.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#479156 - 08/20/12 08:07 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar

Everything was coins and nothing hurt.

#479158 - 08/20/12 08:29 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

I picked up an autographed copy of The Church of Satan from Magistra Barton, and an autographed copy of The Fire From Within from Magister Nemo; TFFW was the last book that was missing from my Satanic canon collection and I've been looking for a copy for years. It was a gratifying moment for me, and I'm incredibly pleased with both.

#479159 - 08/20/12 08:31 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

That looks like a blast! I am sincerely jealous! coopdevil

#479188 - 08/21/12 04:59 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Stilts]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Stilts
The vast majority of my purchases are things for my dogs, since having happy pooches makes me happy!
Yesterday I bought them both peanut butter stuffed bones. It all adds up to a pretty penny, but they're worth each and every cent! smile

So very sweet!

#479189 - 08/21/12 05:02 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Alonocus Blight]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Alonocus Blight

I like it, it's very nice! - Hmmmm I also wonder how it would look in real gold?!

#479191 - 08/21/12 05:08 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Thanks for the reply back, but gold might not do so well for the ritual chamber. Typically gold has been associated with the xtians' "apologist" religion...

"Life is the great indulgence--death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life--HERE AND NOW!"

#479194 - 08/21/12 05:21 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: ]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolfe
My latest purchase, a few days ago, was a Foghat cd. Foghat is a British blues rock band, and their first album is really gritty and raw sounding. This was a band that meant a lot to me and my friends when we were kids, so it's nice to rediscover something like that now and again.

I can get nostalgic too.

But the last Blu-ray Disc's we got here was... the wonders collection ( Wonders of the Solar System and Wonders of the Universe ) - And the Big Cats collection.

But next time we will buy some old stuff.

#479195 - 08/21/12 05:25 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Seeing a never-seen-before edit of my all-time favorite movie (complete with lost footage), AND meeting the cast too.
http://www.monstermania.net/MMC22_GUESTS.html

It looks like you had a really good time grin

#479196 - 08/21/12 05:31 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Alonocus Blight]
LightAngel Offline

Thanks for the reply back, but gold might not do so well for the ritual chamber. Typically gold has been associated with the xtians' "apologist" religion...

You are welcome.

Oh ok, if that's how you look at it then I understand.

#479202 - 08/21/12 07:27 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Delta]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Delta

Everything was coins and nothing hurt.

*Smile*

#479203 - 08/21/12 07:54 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway

#479206 - 08/21/12 08:27 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: $lesk]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
That piece of work is looking pretty damn sweet! As you get more completed, please share, good friend!

#479219 - 08/21/12 12:06 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: $lesk]
Bet'phage Offline

Loc: Ohio
Slesk, I like this version of the Sacred Heart much better. coopdevil

http://www.vampiretemple.com/whatis.html

#479227 - 08/21/12 02:09 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
FetishFatale Offline

Loc: East Texas
My baby, which I haven't put down the last couple of days. I've been playing for a couple years now. Such a cathartic and wonderful thing.

#479238 - 08/21/12 04:07 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Alonocus Blight]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Typically gold has been associated with the xtians' "apologist" religion...

Or the Chachapoyan tribe in Peru,

Well, that was my first thought. grin

My second thought -- If I had a pure gold skull I would totally booby-trap it.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#479239 - 08/21/12 04:12 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: FetishFatale]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Skulls and strings are a few of my favorite things. Have you seen the Stratton Skull?

Just a thing of beauty. Tailor made for the Guild of Funerary Violinists. jack

Edit: I forgot my latest material enjoyment, Haunted Air by Ossian Brown. A collection of photos of Halloween costumes, 1875-1955. This is a nice little teaser for anyone who might be interested.

Edited by Shade (08/21/12 04:18 PM)
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#479245 - 08/21/12 05:22 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Shade]
Electric Wizard Offline

Originally Posted By: Shade
Skulls and strings are a few of my favorite things. Have you seen the Stratton Skull?

Just a thing of beauty. Tailor made for the Guild of Funerary Violinists. jack

Edit: I forgot my latest material enjoyment, Haunted Air by Ossian Brown. A collection of photos of Halloween costumes, 1875-1955. This is a nice little teaser for anyone who might be interested.

This instrument of your musical sorcery is worthy of a satanic blessing...

I myself am very curious of applying magic to bardic styled poetry.

#479254 - 08/21/12 06:36 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Shade]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
Shade, if you see one of these I would love to own one. I play guitar, mandolin, Etc. but I would love to own a piece of artwork like one of these violins.

I love the costumes by the way!

#479331 - 08/22/12 07:36 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

Typically gold has been associated with the xtians' "apologist" religion...

Or the Chachapoyan tribe in Peru,

Well, that was my first thought. grin

My second thought -- If I had a pure gold skull I would totally booby-trap it.

Really?!

I thought this was more your style grin

#479332 - 08/22/12 07:39 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: $lesk]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: $lesk

Very charming!

#479344 - 08/22/12 01:57 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
TheAbysmal Offline

Two recent material indulgences of mine include my first living room furniture set purchase and my Orb Audio sound system.

While I've been "out on my own" since I joined the military in late 1998, I had lived in a furnished barracks until about 2006, only to move into an apartment chock full of hand-me-down furniture until getting divorced and moving this October past.

It was not until this past May that I finally got sick of having only a single pleather chair and table for a living room furnishings, and I decided to finance some actual furniture. Finance charges be damned. Come this October, my obligation to pay alimony runs out, and then it's as good as paid off anyway, so I don't feel too bad about financing it.

My sound system was my real treat, however. I've always wanted an "audiophile" grade sound system, and now--while it's "entry level" quality--I finally have one. Even better, I have awesome neighbors that do not mind me turning it up. smile

I was about to also finally purchase a Garmin GPS. In the past, I've always planned out my travel and scribbled Google Maps results on index cards. It works, but has proven a frustrating method when I'm travelling in unknown territory with lots of interchanges to watch for. I had mentioned this to my dad this weekend after a particularly frustrating trip through Philly, and he confided that he and my mom were planning to get me one for my birthday this week. Nice! smile

Refuse to die.

#479346 - 08/22/12 02:28 PM Elemental Germanium [Re: LightAngel]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

I recently won an auction on Ebay for fragments of elemental germanium (element #32) for just $5! This stuff can be really really expensive, and scoring these fragments at such a price was quite a deal!

"Why would I want it?" you must be thinking! Germanium, though it looks like a metal, is really a metalloid and somewhat brittle. It has a very interesting property, as though it has a metallic shine to it, at some infrared wavelengths, it is fairly translucent (2-15 micrometers). This means that I can place a piece of germanium in the path of an infrared light and the light will still shine through.

"So what? Us humans can't detect infrared with our eyes!" must be going through your head at this point! Well, here's where the fun comes in! If you didn't know about this little trick, you can have some new fun with a household remote control and a cell phone, whether you have germanium lying around or not!

Most cell phone cameras (so probably yours) DOES detect infrared. If you turn on your phone camera and point a remote control (television, DVD, etc) and press a button on the remote, you will see through your camera phone the infrared LED in your remote light up! How cool is that?!

In theory, when I have my piece of germanium, I should be able to do the same thing, but when I place the piece of germanium in the path of the infrared, I should still be able to see the infrared LED lighting up!

SCIENCE!

Attachments
Germanium.jpg

#479416 - 08/23/12 06:19 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: TheAbysmal]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: TheAbysmal
Two recent material indulgences of mine include my first living room furniture set purchase and my Orb Audio sound system.

My Husband wanted surround sound for our home, so he bought it for us a few months ago. - I actually didn't think we needed it because I thought the sound was just fine the way it was smile but now I can really hear the difference when we hear music or see films, it sounds so much better now.

And I can see that it's your B-Day today, so HAPPY B-DAY!

- I hope your day will be lots of fun grin

#479419 - 08/23/12 07:01 AM Re: Elemental Germanium [Re: Mason_Rust]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Mason_Rust

Most cell phone cameras (so probably yours) DOES detect infrared. If you turn on your phone camera and point a remote control (television, DVD, etc) and press a button on the remote, you will see through your camera phone the infrared LED in your remote light up! How cool is that?!

It's really cool smile

And congratulation on winning the auction.

#479423 - 08/23/12 08:13 AM Re: Elemental Germanium [Re: LightAngel]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

I'm pleased to here you tried the experiment! When I first was told we could do this, I thought, "Man, why didn't I already know about this really cool ability of my cell phone!?"

#479435 - 08/23/12 02:16 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
TheAbysmal Offline

Yep, it makes quite a difference. And, thank you for the birthday wishes! smile

Refuse to die.

#480132 - 09/06/12 03:50 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
J. Favenris Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I received this item a few months ago, but it still remains one of my favorite material possessions. A gift for my 21st birthday, it is a flask engraved with my pen name "FAVENRIS." It has been put to much good and indulgent use. wink

#480141 - 09/06/12 07:23 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: J. Favenris]
mercfocus Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
I have 2 Ford Mustangs. These have been my latest material enjoyment for over the last 5 years and still going.
I wanted to put up a couple of pics like some of the other responses I saw here but can't figure out how.

#480148 - 09/06/12 10:51 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: mercfocus]
Stilts Offline

Originally Posted By: mercfocus
I have 2 Ford Mustangs. These have been my latest material enjoyment for over the last 5 years and still going.
I wanted to put up a couple of pics like some of the other responses I saw here but can't figure out how.

Upload them to a host site, like www.tinypic.com and post the link into the text-box.

"If I had a dime for every time a homeless man asked me for change... I'd still say 'no'."
- Bo Burnham

#480153 - 09/06/12 11:33 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Stilts]
mercfocus Offline

Here's 2 pics (I hope this worked).

#480154 - 09/06/12 11:35 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: mercfocus]
mercfocus Offline

I did work.

Best part? They're both paid for and both have a shitload of mods and I have more tools (good tools: Craftsman, Husky, and best for the money stuff) than I really need and a garage to wrench on m in.

#480233 - 09/08/12 08:57 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
TheAbysmal Offline

Having not bothered with much cooking in a while, I decided to go all out. It's actually one of the quicker meals I've done. The oil splatter just makes cleanup a tad more cumbersome.

Pan Seared Ahi Tuna with Cracked Peppercorns, Grated Wasabi and Lime Ponzu Sauce, accompanied by Broccoli sautéed in a Red Wine Sauce.

Bountiful glass of Gnarly Head's Authentic Red not pictured.

Superb!

Attachments
Pan Seared Ahi Tuna.jpg

Edited by TheAbysmal (09/08/12 08:58 PM)
Edit Reason: Goofed up adding the picture!

Refuse to die.

#480313 - 09/10/12 11:35 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: J. Favenris]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Favenris
It has been put to much good and indulgent use. wink

He he I can imagine that grin

#480315 - 09/10/12 11:45 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: mercfocus]
LightAngel Offline

They both look nice, but I like the red one the best because I'm really into red these day, and I also just got a new red mobil phone, yes, my husbond spoil me grin

But I deserve it wink

#480317 - 09/10/12 11:53 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: TheAbysmal]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: TheAbysmal
Having not bothered with much cooking in a while, I decided to go all out. It's actually one of the quicker meals I've done. The oil splatter just makes cleanup a tad more cumbersome.

Pan Seared Ahi Tuna with Cracked Peppercorns, Grated Wasabi and Lime Ponzu Sauce, accompanied by Broccoli sautéed in a Red Wine Sauce.

Bountiful glass of Gnarly Head's Authentic Red not pictured.

Superb!

It looks really nice, but I have to admit that I was looking even more at the table and the chairs here.

I love that style, and a round dinner table is very romantic in my eyes. We got a black one.

#480322 - 09/10/12 12:19 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
TheAbysmal Offline

Thanks. smile

Yeah, they are nice, aren't they? Those were a gift from my parents, basically, a hand me down since they purchased something that better matches their new home's decore.

I'm a sucker for glass, metals, woods, and stone, and the round shape is perfect for engaging company. smile

Refuse to die.

#480326 - 09/10/12 01:10 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
My latest material indulgence was on 9/3/12. I finally got tired of MS based computers crashing and raising my blood pressure. So, I went to Best Buy and laid down $1700 for the machine I'm typing on right now.

A MacBook Pro 13".
My next will be the 17".
The only thing I don't understand: Why does the only colour they're available in have to be white?

#480362 - 09/10/12 11:53 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
mercfocus Offline

Originally Posted By: LightAngel

They both look nice, but I like the red one the best because I'm really into red these day, wink

Every one always likes the red one better. You're definately in the popular vote right there. My kids like the red one better too.

For car enthusiasts, the black one has certain qualities the red on will never have. The black one is the weekend drag racing toy.

Congrats on the red phone. Everybody elses is black.

#480386 - 09/11/12 07:10 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
I just found out that Lego makes the original Monster Movie monsters. Dracula, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Wolfman, The Mummy, Zombies, and Frankenstein. So I purchased them all. That was fun.

#480403 - 09/11/12 10:11 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: S810]
Stilts Offline

Originally Posted By: S810
I just found out that Lego makes the original Monster Movie monsters. Dracula, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Wolfman, The Mummy, Zombies, and Frankenstein. So I purchased them all. That was fun.

That sounds exciting!! Do you have a link you can share?

smile

- Bo Burnham

#480408 - 09/12/12 04:37 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Stilts]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: Stilts
That sounds exciting!! Do you have a link you can share?

smile

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! grin jack grin

It's called "Monster Fighters" Collection and it can be seen and drooled over and bought at the LEGO website or in toy stores.

And and and guess what? LEGO just released their Haunted House!!!

Here's the youtube walkthrough. Mr. Munster McTalksalot just babbles on and on and on but you get really good views of the interior awesomeness:

Dear LEGO,

Happier than Colin Clive on a stormy night,

Love and Monkey Brains,
A Monster Kid Forever

grin jack grin jack

#480410 - 09/12/12 04:51 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: mercfocus]
LightAngel Offline

For car enthusiasts, the black one has certain qualities the red on will never have. The black one is the weekend drag racing toy.

Congrats on the red phone. Everybody elses is black.

Thanks.

When it comes to cars then I'm very superficial I'm afraid blush because I don't know much about cars. All my brothers are into cars, and they all have expensive cars, and I do like how they look and stuff, but I'm not an expert about all the other qualities of their cars.

And I prefer people driving for me grin

I'm more into plants, and today I bought three ghost trees for our home hehe it's soon halloween after all wink

#480412 - 09/12/12 05:26 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

Dear LEGO,

Love and Monkey Brains,
A Monster Kid Forever

grin jack grin jack

Lol Danish Lego is ageless grin

#480426 - 09/12/12 08:11 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Evisceratus Offline

Loc: Trenton, NJ

"Might is Right"

#480437 - 09/12/12 11:50 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Shade]
Stilts Offline

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! grin jack grin

It's called "Monster Fighters" Collection and it can be seen and drooled over and bought at the LEGO website or in toy stores.

And and and guess what? LEGO just released their Haunted House!!!

Here's the youtube walkthrough. Mr. Munster McTalksalot just babbles on and on and on but you get really good views of the interior awesomeness:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r5-28oA6-yc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dear LEGO,

Love and Monkey Brains,
A Monster Kid Forever

grin jack grin jack

I love the boarded windows!! Such a necessary, and awesome, detail for any haunted house!
I'm certainly on board with snagging these! Perfect activities for the fall season eek

This horror geek sends many a'thanks!!!!!
devilchili

- Bo Burnham

#480447 - 09/13/12 06:36 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Evisceratus]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Evisceratus

Great smile

I love art, especially my own, and I love the fact that my new art are even better ( in my view ) than my old art. ( I gather new paintings right now because maybe I want my own gallery, so I don't show them to anybody, except my husband of course )

- I get pictures in my mind all the time, real masterpieces, and they will all be created through my life.

#480619 - 09/16/12 08:25 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
303vegas Offline

Loc: Lancashire, UK
last wednesday i purchased a grey-ish/purple satin nightie and dressing gown from debenhams in manchester. couldn't really afford it but i couldn't resist. the fabric has a wonderful shimmer to it, almost three dimensional. it feels great on too!

#480620 - 09/16/12 09:08 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Cain Smith Offline

Recently I bought one of this grin

devilchili

#480687 - 09/18/12 06:56 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Kernel Offline

Loc: Nothern Europe
Latest material enjoyment for me would be some new notebooks and such, along with getting a great fountain pen as a gift, nothing special one might say but, it's damn hard to find a pen that's "just right" as it is ^^

#480712 - 09/18/12 07:24 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

My latest material enjoyment was an excellent Alfredo seafood pizza!

#480732 - 09/19/12 05:01 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: StabAvery]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: StabAvery
My latest material enjoyment was an excellent Alfredo seafood pizza!

I love pizza, and I know I will get it on friday grin

Food really is one of my favorite indulgences, ( The rest I will keep private laugh ) also my own cooking of course, and a good wine is the icing on the cake.

#480760 - 09/19/12 06:35 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Latest material enjoyment was an AC/DC short sleeve T-shirt (Highway to Hell, tie-died)\m/ and a small ALICE pack with frame for jumping. Additionally, I spent so much money in the store that the store owner gave me two free zombie buttons.

#480773 - 09/19/12 11:40 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Now that I think about it I guess I would have to name my Birthday party on September 8 as my latest intense material enjoyment.

Indulgence not compulsion! coopdevil

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#480785 - 09/20/12 10:02 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Europe & South America
My latest material enjoyment was my recent trip to Prague. I have been there 4 times and I never grow tired of the place. Apart from being absolutely stunning, Prague boasts the best and cheapest beer you can get in the Western world.

The Bohemian capital is also famous for its magical/occult past. Edward Kelley and John Dee worked a few years in Prague, trying to find the Philosopher's Stone. The Jewish Quarter (Josefov) is famous by being the place where Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel created the mythical Golem -- as romanticized by Gustav Meyrink.

Prague is my personal Mecca -- every now and then I need to visit the city by the Vltava. Every time I'm there I have a coffee at the Kavárna Slavia (Slavia Café), a Gambrinus in a hospodá (pub), a midnight stroll through Charles Bridge, svícková (beef and dumplings with double cream) in the Olympia restaurant and, finally, another pilsener at Letenské sady (Letná Park), on the top of the hill which overlooks the city.

Here is a photo from my last trip (the silhouette of the castle in Prague, viewed from Letná):

#480800 - 09/20/12 04:04 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
DamnedLucky Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS

It is a major improvement over what I'd been using previously.

#480877 - 09/21/12 06:11 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Stilts]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
I hope this link works. I was unable to produce a decent photo of the setup I have at home. I have all except the haunted house and the castle. They are on the 'soon to get' list.
http://search2.lego.com/?q=monster%20fighters&lang=2057&cc=US

Edited by S810 (09/21/12 06:13 PM)

#480921 - 09/22/12 05:02 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
Well my old Nokia N8 was built quite robust and served me well over a decent span of time but after taking one too many drops to hard surfaces it finally became no longer functional last week so it was time to upgrade.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is in my opinion a masterpiece of design meeting functionality and the latest Android OS is simple and intuitive to navigate. I may sound as though I'm giving a sales pitch here but I really cannot fault this phone in any way at all.

I know most people don't get a hard on for sophisticated pieces of technology like I do and will probably look at it as a fancy telephone but when I see things such as this I see the future and we're living it. With more computing power than the early space program could have even dreamed about and what is practically the ability to access the sum total of information known to man in my pocket I am filled with a sense of wonder about what marvels of technology are yet to come in my lifetime and beyond.

This is the type of thing which reminds me why I love technology so.

#480924 - 09/22/12 06:42 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Toilette paper.

I got it for 80 cents and it was glorious. I'm not kidding.

I live very spartan, as spartan as possible while still having a charming home. I'm not a big fan of kipple and clutter. For these reasons I own things like a Kindle (first generation) and no longer purchase things like DVDs or CDs (I acquire digital media and back it up carefully). I make exceptions for truly interesting things I simply can't obtain in my regular way.

My clothing comes from thrift stores, much of which I will have professionally altered. My clothing tends to last years and my boots are seemingly immortal. My furniture is either hand built or found, refinished and decorated. None of it is garbage. For instance my end table where I lounge is an occupied France wine barrel, which I found. My regular jacket, which I wear in the cooler seasons, originally retailed for nearly a grand and is mint (I got it for $5).

So while I do live very spartan I also make it interesting. But as a general rule I do not own things that I do not use.

So it could be said that my material enjoyment is an everyday shedding of burden, complication and kipple. I love it. I get the most enjoyment out of material possessions that are utilitarian and suit my frugal, conservationist, penny pinching nature.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#480925 - 09/22/12 06:53 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I don't want to share. Its mine!

#480944 - 09/23/12 02:36 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: CWH]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: CWH
I don't want to share. Its mine!

Exactly my reason for not sharing it here.. wink

#480957 - 09/23/12 01:03 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
QueenSpider81 Offline

Loc: Washington, USA
uhm i didnt ask to fo this, please dont take offense... i am totally new to all this. i dont understand

#480958 - 09/23/12 02:07 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: TECHNO]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: TECHNO
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is in my opinion a masterpiece of design meeting functionality and the latest Android OS is simple and intuitive to navigate. I may sound as though I'm giving a sales pitch here but I really cannot fault this phone in any way at all.

I know most people don't get a hard on for sophisticated pieces of technology like I do and will probably look at it as a fancy telephone but when I see things such as this I see the future and we're living it.

I completely concur. I also think the included S-Voice program beats Apple's Siri in a number of ways. In any case, I'd go so far as to say that having these sorts of AI programs aboard a personal phone is another extension of Pentagonal Revisionism (AHCs). Voice-response technology is still in its infancy, but I still think we're living in fascinating times!

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#480959 - 09/23/12 02:08 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

#480980 - 09/23/12 09:11 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: QueenSpider81]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Now I love a good non-sequiter as much as the next gal, but this is taking cryptic to a truly epic level.
Quote:
uhm i didnt ask to fo this, please dont take offense... i am totally new to all this. i dont understand

Now....is it the thread, the post, the concept, or your existence that has you befuddled?

Quote:
why is it so difficult to be and represent who and what you are?

It isn't. I can't help but to do so. 'born that way.

Edited by Ygraine (09/23/12 09:14 PM)

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#481010 - 09/24/12 01:46 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Ygraine]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Now....is it the thread, the post, the concept, or your existence that has you befuddled?

Of all the current threads, I would have thought that the theme of "mention something you recently enjoyed" was the easiest to jump in to!

#481016 - 09/24/12 02:31 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Ygraine

Of all the current threads, I would have thought that the theme of "mention something you recently enjoyed" was the easiest to jump in to!

My latest enjoyment is definitely Reverend Bill M´s previous comment and the question of Magistra Ygraine before that. Thank you both, you made my day.. smile

#481029 - 09/24/12 08:40 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
LightAngel Offline

Yes, but that's only true if you know how to enjoy life.

The grumpy people will only hurt themselves.

#481030 - 09/24/12 08:41 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Luigi]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Luigi Hammarlund
My latest material enjoyment was my recent trip to Prague. I have been there 4 times and I never grow tired of the place. Apart from being absolutely stunning, Prague boasts the best and cheapest beer you can get in the Western world.

The Bohemian capital is also famous for its magical/occult past. Edward Kelley and John Dee worked a few years in Prague, trying to find the Philosopher's Stone. The Jewish Quarter (Josefov) is famous by being the place where Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel created the mythical Golem -- as romanticized by Gustav Meyrink.

Prague is my personal Mecca -- every now and then I need to visit the city by the Vltava. Every time I'm there I have a coffee at the Kavárna Slavia (Slavia Café), a Gambrinus in a hospodá (pub), a midnight stroll through Charles Bridge, svícková (beef and dumplings with double cream) in the Olympia restaurant and, finally, another pilsener at Letenské sady (Letná Park), on the top of the hill which overlooks the city.

Here is a photo from my last trip (the silhouette of the castle in Prague, viewed from Letná):

Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing, we can never get enough enjoyment in this world grin

#481033 - 09/24/12 09:34 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
TECHNO Offline

Interesting! I hadn't thought of siri as an A.I. although I did consider the similarity to Bioware's V.I. (Virtual Intelligence) concept in the Mass Effect series and I agree that there is much potential yet to be explored.

I've become quickly frustrated and given up using both programs but perhaps I've been too harsh in my approach.

Fun fact: Siri spelled backward is Iris...

#481044 - 09/24/12 12:28 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: TECHNO]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

I've become quickly frustrated and given up using both programs but perhaps I've been too harsh in my approach.

It probably depends on what you're doing. I've found S-Voice to be pretty good for opening apps (e.g., "Launch Calendar"), going to websites (e.g. "Go to Netflix"), looking up weather, setting alarms and calendars, and creating simple text messages verbally while I'm driving. Again, it's certainly not flawless, but I think we've come a long way with this kind of technology.

Here's an article with some comparisons of S-Voice, Siri, and Google Now:
http://www.boston.com/business/technolog...or_competitors/

#481050 - 09/24/12 01:55 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
verszou Offline

Mine was a new suitcase in a "cabin friendly" size. I needed it to bring home my shopping during my recent trip to London. I found a lot of music, movies, books and comics smile

This year there was a bit of a Sherlock Holmes theme to the trip, with us visiting both the pub and the museum, and I managed to find both the new TV series and some of the old ones. Which fits in rather well with this dark and rainy weather we've been having since my return smile

#481051 - 09/24/12 02:02 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

My new favorite drank. Damn that was good!

#481052 - 09/24/12 02:46 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Callier]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Thank you Magister Nemo for this idea from your book, The Fire From Within. After reading The Fire From Within I just had to have this custom wristband made to my specifications.

"WHAT WOULD SATAN DO?"

#481063 - 09/24/12 05:20 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Callier]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Ooooo, I love that stuff too!

#481069 - 09/24/12 06:09 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Callier]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

That stuff is excellent. Very tasty.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#481076 - 09/25/12 07:14 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: verszou]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

"The Case of the Cabin Friendly Suitcase" sounds suitably ominous. grin

I am so envious of your weather! With my black-out curtains, a little magic and my determined delusions I can usually do pretty good job transporting myself. But I do miss walking in the rain. smile

Is the new series the one with Benedict Cumberbatch? Because I'm really quite smitten with him. I haven't been so taken with a Sherlock since Jeremy Brett. Well, so many incredible actors have played this role it's difficult to pick a favorite: John Barrymore, Basil Rathbone, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, John Neville, George C. Scott and I thought Robert Downey Jr. did a really good job too.

Anyway, neat trip!

#481078 - 09/25/12 10:29 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Shade]
verszou Offline

Somebody should definitely write that story smile

I got the second season of the Benedict Cumberbatch series, bought the first one when I was in London last year. It's really good. I also found the complete Jeremy Brett series, including the five film-length episodes. I also got the second Downey Jr. movie and a box with Ronald Howard as Holmes. I got the John Barrymore collection and two of the Christopher Lee movies last year.

In my previous post I forgot to mention a book I found that might interest people "Captain Nemo - The Fantastic Adventures of a Dark Genius". It tells he story of what happened to Nemo before he became the captain of the Nautilus. It sounded like an interesting tale smile

#481114 - 09/26/12 01:52 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Janina]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Janina
My latest enjoyment is definitely Reverend Bill M´s previous comment and the question of Magistra Ygraine before that. Thank you both, you made my day.. smile

You're welcome!

As for my latest enjoyment, I had fun slapping this promo pic together (as well as the TDM episode it's for):

Attachments
dm430_1930s.PNG

#481142 - 09/26/12 10:41 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

#481322 - 10/02/12 11:10 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Valtiel Offline

Loc: Hollywood
Since moving to LA I've not had much time to devote to my own material things. Other than it's the first time I've considered myself 'settled' in a while, and thus unpacked everything I own in one place to be able to look at it all. Made me very happy with my literature collection and has been an elbow in my side to add to it.

For those of you in the LA area, 'The Last Bookshop' is probably one of my favorite stores on Earth. Absolutely love the place...

#481355 - 10/04/12 06:19 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Valtiel]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Valtiel

For those of you in the LA area, 'The Last Bookshop' is probably one of my favorite stores on Earth. Absolutely love the place...

My Grandfather and my Father would agree with you.

- I think we will lose this charm soon blush

- But we will get new enjoyments, so don't worry!

one day when I'm two hundred years old or so *Grin* then the ''books'' might be an implant placed inside my brain, I got a feeling that one day I will be half man, half machine, and I'm NOT afraid of it as long as my heart is true.

Hee hee grin

#481356 - 10/04/12 07:20 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
I bought myself a Mercedes.

My car before that was a Toyota.

I feel much better now...

#481396 - 10/05/12 09:48 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
I just bought Hotcha! Author: Kevin I Slaughter.
It is great, naughty of course!.

Edited by Azeri (10/05/12 09:58 PM)

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

#481411 - 10/06/12 02:07 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I've just switched to these blu cigs. I haven't bought a pack of cigarettes in months but these electronic cigs have no tobacco smoke and no smell.

Ever since I started puffing blu cigs I look at regular cigarettes differently. Cigarettes are nasty, old and played out.

I can smoke blu cig anywhere I want and they're fuckin' cool. cool

Every since I started smoking blu cigs, more women been checking me out! coopdevil

Vapor is the new smoke!

#481437 - 10/07/12 09:21 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
TECHNO Offline

Well after reading that article and checking out some youtube tutorials it's grown on me enough to use it a bit here and there. Being able to annoy people by saying "Hey galaxy play bangarang" is kinda fun too.

It's not quite A.I. but it's a pretty good utility and will improve with software updates.

I'm wondering though do you really want a true A.I. incorporated into something as ubiquitous as a phone/tablet/smart device? It sounds cool but also could bring the singularity a step closer. I guess but I'm only a little cautiously optimistic about that whole idea.

#481444 - 10/07/12 01:12 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: TECHNO]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

It's not quite A.I. but it's a pretty good utility and will improve with software updates.

Actually I'd say that "A.I." is a broad enough category to include technology like this. When you get right down to it, it's taking a free range of input and "thinking".

Quote:
I'm wondering though do you really want a true A.I. incorporated into something as ubiquitous as a phone/tablet/smart device?

Yes, I do. grin

#481457 - 10/07/12 06:26 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Considering the purposes of Artificial Human Companions, it may be even worse to integrate the same artificial brains into one's daily gadgets. Having Scarlett Johansson for your GPS sounds nice at first, but then...

#481493 - 10/08/12 04:02 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Delta]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Brilliant post, Delta! I absolutely loved it!! I know that as my wife and I are driving along listening to the voice of the GPS, we have our own wise cracks to go along with whatever voice is active in the GPS module. I really liked the video. I love Scarlett Johanssen, but she might not make the perfect GPS voice-over!

#481495 - 10/08/12 04:14 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

It's almost time for halloween!! With my natural widow's peak and affinity
torwards horror theatre, I intend to scare the living daylights out of the
little kids with this one-of-a-kind authentic coffin! I plan on waiting for
the doorbell (or bell) to ring. Then, I will rise up out of the coffin clad
in the most horrifying vampire's ensemble, ready to hand out the treats,
as the "kiddos" will have already been "tricked!" The only kids that will
receive any candy will be those who have the intestinal fortitude to endure
the sheer terror of my spooky, Halloween antics!! HA HA HA HA!!!

Edited by Alonocus Blight (10/08/12 04:23 PM)

#481496 - 10/08/12 06:09 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Alonocus Blight]
TheAbysmal Offline

That's rather terrorizing. Love it.

Refuse to die.

#481521 - 10/09/12 05:28 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: TheAbysmal]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Thank you, Abysmal; I really appreciate it.

#481524 - 10/09/12 06:08 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Prevention of Virtue

#481530 - 10/09/12 11:21 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I recently acquired a new mop at 70% off the normal price.

Check this out.

http://www.amazon.com/Quickie-Manufactur...ckie+sponge+mop

But 70% off.

It's a really good mop.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#481540 - 10/10/12 07:49 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LKRice]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

shocked

That is SO COOL!!!

#481567 - 10/11/12 12:02 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Mason_Rust]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

One more sitting, and it's done.

#481569 - 10/11/12 12:21 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: $lesk]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Great Tattoo Comrade!

#481578 - 10/11/12 06:05 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: $lesk]
TheAbysmal Offline

That is pretty nifty.

Refuse to die.

#481579 - 10/11/12 06:30 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LKRice]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: LKRice

That's legit! cool

#481582 - 10/11/12 06:45 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Callier]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

And it really works, though it needs better answer cards.
Prevention of Virtue

#481584 - 10/11/12 06:53 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LKRice]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

That is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Now I gotta have one.

#481586 - 10/11/12 06:58 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

There's also a B&W version, which is a bit more expensive. Both versions were made in limited numbers with fewer of the B&W version being made.
Prevention of Virtue

#481592 - 10/11/12 10:51 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LKRice]
LightAngel Offline

And it really works, though it needs better answer cards.

*Big Smile* coopdevil

#481618 - 10/12/12 06:49 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Alonocus Blight]
Jupiter Offline

Good Luck!!! coopdevil

#481628 - 10/13/12 12:55 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LKRice]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

There's also a B&W version, which is a bit more expensive. Both versions were made in limited numbers with fewer of the B&W version being made.

I've seen the B&W one sold at a few comic book shops here, but didn't know there was a color one. Yeah, I'd probably make my own cards too!

#481642 - 10/13/12 03:00 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
My partner gave me an iPod nano for our anniversary and it's providing a lot of enjoyment. I walk a lot and must have music!

I recently had 6 more hours of tattooing completed on my back. The art still isn't done but I'm very happy to be that much closer to it.

Also, I don't consider this to be material in the "property" sense, but I adopted a(nother) kitty and he is wonderful! He's white with a black "cap and saddle" pattern and he drools when he's happy or excited. He's very well behaved and the other cats love him.

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#481687 - 10/14/12 01:14 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
My latest material enjoyment...wow! What to pick...what to pick...what to pick. I think I'll go with this year's Birthday present.

We did the Vegas family thing a few years back, with son in tow. I have several times remarked that I would like a redo...adult style. This year, my wife really came through...with a seat nestled right next to the pole. It was an evening to remember. Okay...there were also the burlesque tickets.

Perhaps one of the greatest joys of being an adult is the magic of affording all those wonderful toys just out of your childhood grasp. Like a few in these parts, I enjoy passing by my cabinet of wonders...that action figure...that doll...that much sought after comic and book. Items signed by names known...and soon to be known. The devil mask...the scarab knife. The skulls...the games...The girly mags...the vinyl...the discs...Playbills...ticket stubs... All of value to none but myself.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#482089 - 10/26/12 06:12 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Lilibeta]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Lilibeta

Also, I don't consider this to be material in the "property" sense, but I adopted a(nother) kitty and he is wonderful! He's white with a black "cap and saddle" pattern and he drools when he's happy or excited. He's very well behaved and the other cats love him.

I have a big weakness for cats, so I'm very glad that the other cats love and accept him!

By the way, recently we got a popcorn machine and it's perfect if you want a fast and healthy snack wink

Edited by LightAngel (10/26/12 12:49 PM)

#482447 - 11/04/12 10:27 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Attachments
capgoedel_0098.jpg

#482488 - 11/05/12 09:59 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

My latest would be the iPhone 5. I'm still playing around with it to list my favorite features but the panoramic photos and Siri are pretty neat. The processor is much faster than the i4 was but the price tag is pretty hefty for the 64 gig so if you're low on funds I'd go with the Galaxy S. Apple also changed the plug end so plan on trashing all your old chargers.

#482495 - 11/06/12 01:37 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

The book you are reading looks enormously interesting. Perhaps I should take a closer view to that same book..

#482498 - 11/06/12 02:40 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

A new Condo.

#482513 - 11/06/12 05:59 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Janina]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

The book you are reading looks enormously interesting. Perhaps I should take a closer view to that same book..

It does a pretty decent job of showing why attempts at trying to apply Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem to philosophy or debates is pretty much fallacious. I may get around to writing a review of it in the members' section.

#482521 - 11/06/12 09:26 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Zeviander Offline

Loc: MB, Canada
Not a very intellectually stimulating acquisition, but I was able to pick up a copy of Halo 4 today and am eagerly looking forward to getting into it after work.

#482525 - 11/07/12 12:39 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

It does a pretty decent job of showing why attempts at trying to apply Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem to philosophy or debates is pretty much fallacious. I may get around to writing a review of it in the members' section.

The review might be interesting to read Reverend.

#482529 - 11/07/12 05:53 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
TheAbysmal Offline

Omega VRT350HD Juicer. I've hopped onto the juicing bandwagon.

Refuse to die.

#482531 - 11/07/12 08:08 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Noiitekk Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I'm learning the complex ways of knife sharpening.

#482534 - 11/07/12 11:28 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Noiitekk]
nicksofar Offline
Idiot

Loc: Athens
my new Alpine powerplate.
The idea of Sin, does not belong in the thought of the Magus. Sin, from the concept of defying physical laws, is not possible, without immediate consequences, from the application of forces that work from the aforementioned laws, if disequilibrium is made...

#482560 - 11/09/12 02:51 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
tobi Offline

Loc: kaduna state,NIGERIA,west afri...
I'm still trying 2 figure out

#482655 - 11/12/12 06:12 AM Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
LightAngel Offline

I need to find many books about this, and no, I'm NOT interested in this topic because I don't know how to live here and now. - This topic is just very exciting for me because of personal/private reasons.

- Anyway, some people look forward to Saturday even though it's Wednesday hee hee this isn't any different for me than when people look forward to another life, because they can't be sure that they are still alive on Saturday?!

I do live here and now, and I'm very happy. But even I can look forward to Saturday if something special is going on.

#482660 - 11/12/12 09:49 AM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
People who believe in life after death, no matter what spin they put on it, should be made to test their theory by being put to death.

crossbones

#482676 - 11/12/12 06:29 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Drake_Bamboozle
People who believe in life after death, no matter what spin they put on it, should be made to test their theory by being put to death.

crossbones

I always tell people "No no no, it's life BEFORE death. I don't know why people keep mistaking the order these go in."

#482682 - 11/12/12 08:08 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Anyway, some people look forward to Saturday even though it's Wednesday hee hee this isn't any different for me than when people look forward to another life, because they can't be sure that they are still alive on Saturday?!

It's a lot different actually.

#482690 - 11/12/12 11:46 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: Bill_M]
TheAbysmal Offline

I'm guessing people probably have an unusual definition of death.

Refuse to die.

#482696 - 11/13/12 10:21 AM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Well, that's a head-tilter. Death in the "latest material enjoyment" thread. How delightfully morbid. Am I on the funeral director forum, again? grin

This is my favorite book about life after death. I think maggots and morticians have some expertise on this subject.

#482699 - 11/13/12 11:06 AM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

My latest enjoyment is the free down load of H P Lovecraft's Sonic Sound of Horror.
I was listening to WCBU's public radio station, "To the Best of our Knowledge," Each weekend they discuss a differnt topic.
Last weeks subject was We are Surrounded by Sound.
They discussed H P Lovecrafrt's Sonic Sounds of Horror.
I found the discussion very intersting.

www.vampiretemple.com

#482702 - 11/13/12 12:38 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: Shade]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

This is my favorite book about life after death. I think maggots and morticians have some expertise on this subject.

One thing I enjoy is your weirdness Witch Shade. This book you recommended seems quite interesting and definitely worth of reading!

#482708 - 11/13/12 04:31 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: Janina]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

smile

It is a marvelous book, a perfect overview of the forensic sciences and a highly detailed portrait of the complex ecosystem of dead bodies. Not for the squeamish. The descriptions are extremely colorful (roiling masses of chunky maggots, decay fluids, bloat stages, etc). You’ll learn how far a maggot mass can move a hollowed out body, which bugs prefer the soupiest corners of a corpse, the Latin names for flesh flies and cheese skippers and much much more.

If you had a hard time reading that, I'd suggest not getting the book.

Stiff, by Mary Roach, is another great book about the life of cadavers I'd recommend without hesitation. Decidedly more irreverent and packed full of fun morbid factoids one may regale guests with at the next dinner party.

#482710 - 11/13/12 04:34 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: Shade]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

I added that book to my wish list on amazon and it has a deal right now on This as a companion book if you buy both.
Just wondering if you have read it?

#482713 - 11/13/12 06:09 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: StabAvery]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Yes, I have, many times! I loved it! In tone, though, it's kind of the opposite of Corpse. While Sachs is reserved and respectful, Roach has a much more pointed gallows' humor and cheeky approach. If one finds that sort of attitude upsetting, I'd skip this book.

Roach wrote another book that may be closer to what Light Angel was asking for called Spook. It's about ghost-hunting and the search for the human soul and whatnot. A subject I have mixed emotions about. I think the scientific quest for this knowledge is fascinating and, of course, love a good mystery. But, at the same time, it seems to easily blur into quackery.

Maybe not "exploitative" by legal standards, some of this stuff clearly preys on the heart strings of people who have suffered terrible loss. When I see parents who've lost a child, for example, go after the Great Beyond with a dogged determination and unwavering faith that rivals the most rabid religious zealot it is clearly costing them more than their retirement fund. It's costing them quality of life. Certainly their prerogative and none of my business really but I do think it's sad. Caveat emptor.

#482717 - 11/13/12 11:29 PM Consciousness Beyond Life.. [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

Well, that's a head-tilter. Death in the "latest material enjoyment" thread. How delightfully morbid. Am I on the funeral director forum, again? grin

*Big smile* devilchili

That book doesn't look so bad, but I think this book is more what I'm looking for : http://www.pimvanlommel.nl/?home_eng

#482784 - 11/16/12 02:35 AM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: Shade]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Thank you, for the quick review and other suggestions! Roach's approach on the topic won't bother me so I think I might pick up both books.

On the search for the human soul, I think that will eventually be found to be functioning fields of the living human instead of something that keeps going once we expire, but those are just my thoughts and not an expert opinion whatsoever.

Thanks again!

#482802 - 11/16/12 02:24 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
Slowdown Offline

Loc: Bologna, Italy
Corinda's "Thirteen steps to mentalism", Jung's "Man and his symbols" and a ticket to see Motorhead live tomorrow night in London.
HS.

#482807 - 11/16/12 05:03 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
JDBones Offline

Mine would be the second part of Stephen King's "Under The Dome" (at least in my country it was released as a two-tome set), an electronic eGo cig (a tad healthier than regular cigarettes, much cheaper to smoke regularly, no bad smell on your clothes and in the room, no ash, you can smoke it in bars, transportation vehicles and restaurants) and a hand-made clay pot for my oven, in which food cooks itself, becomes tastier and offers a chance for experimenting with a wide range of meals. A crystal (plastic actually) backlit pyramid with a sphinx and some liquid inside, an upside-down huge crucifix and a fire-breathing dragon figure - all these for my decompression chamber.

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

#482808 - 11/16/12 05:41 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
TheAbysmal Offline

How does the food turn out in the clay pot?

(Neutered Quick Reply feature... Damn it!)

Edited by TheAbysmal (11/16/12 05:42 PM)

Refuse to die.

#482809 - 11/16/12 06:02 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: TheAbysmal]
JDBones Offline

First, I'd like to make a note that I don't know if I used the word 'pot' in a propper manner - in Bulgarian it's called a clay pot. This is what I mean:

Food turns out fantastic, in this kinda pot (because you put it in the oven - not on the stove's hot plate - and originally when there was yet no electricity it was invented to be put in/above the fire of a furnace/firebox). Cooking in it is meant to last at least 2-3 hours (up to a day for beans or those types of meat that would usually take forever to get cooked) on a low temperature - the products get processed very well and the ingredients and spices that you put there absorb each other's flavor perfectly. Also, you don't have to use that much sunflower, olive oil or other fats (I use butter though mainly because of the flavor), it can't get overburned, it's like a natural steam capsule. Definitely my favourite way to prepare meals. I had an old one but my dad damaged it because (due to my numerous warnings) he decided to put it on the hot plate... it cracked. Now, since I live alone, I decided it's time to buy myself a new one smile

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

#482813 - 11/16/12 07:39 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

I first saw Pasolini's Trilogy of Life in 1997. For the next few years it was only available on low quality video tapes and bootlegs, or $200 DVDs or similarly low quality. Since 2001 or so it hasn't been available at all, even bootlegs being hard to find. On many occasions I'd even considered buying these terrible versions at rare eBay prices. But a few days ago, Criterion gave it the full restored Blu-ray treatment, and it is spectacular:

Goes well with their Salo Blu-ray too.

#482820 - 11/17/12 12:41 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Unknown]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

The heading of this topic was changed to form Life after death, so I changed it back to original Share your latest material enjoyment form..

#482953 - 11/20/12 08:01 AM Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: JDBones]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: JDBones

Nice grin

Lol

#482976 - 11/20/12 03:56 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Zeviander Offline

Loc: MB, Canada
A record player that hooks up through USB to a computer that allows me to digitize my, hopefully soon to be growing, record collection.

I bought it with the combined intention of finally having a convenient way of playing my records, storing them digitally for on-the-go listening, and the catalyst for the purchase: giving my girlfriend's mother an early Christmas present, of getting a far better recording of her dead mother's old German Christmas records (dated from the 1930's, which were hand-recorded onto cassette, and were severely deteriorated).

Edited by Zeviander (11/20/12 04:00 PM)

#483027 - 11/21/12 04:12 AM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: JDBones]
TheAbysmal Offline

I think you used the word 'pot' just fine. 'Clay Pot' is what I would call it anyway.

Well, that seems nifty, almost like a crock pot for the oven. I just might have to try cooking in one of these and see how I like it.

Thanks for sharing. smile

Refuse to die.

#483050 - 11/21/12 01:09 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: Luigi]
Inés Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
Originally Posted By: Luigi Hammarlund

Beautiful photo.

Having been to Prague myself I totally get what you are talking about. I love going into the sub-terranean bookstores and browing/drooling over the treasures there.

Just wish there were less annoying tourist groups there.

#483051 - 11/21/12 01:36 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: LightAngel]
Inés Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
My latest material enjoyment has been... 9 metal cards from here:

http://www.nostalgic-art.net/en/

Want to get more.

Am putting them on the wall of our toilet and it looks awesome.

#483057 - 11/21/12 02:52 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: Zeviander]
elaine2554 Offline

Loc: Europe
Originally Posted By: Zeviander
A record player that hooks up through USB to a computer that allows me to digitize my, hopefully soon to be growing, record collection.

I´ll be purchasing one of those soon too.

I´ve taken a huge indulgence in the past 6 months, although it was also a matter of self-preservation, of moving away from my previous city to a new one, in Europe. I find myself and my husband much happier in our new location, and really enjoying ourselves properly.

Recently I saw both Ensiferum and Wintersun, two bands I never thought I would see live. In the past few weeks I also had the delight of purchasing the first "real" publication of a dear friend.

On a side note, I am new to the forum, however not new to Satanism. In my previous country of residence I was forced to conceal this part of my life, however, I would probably like it to remain so.

You can all call me Elaine.

#483153 - 11/23/12 08:39 PM Re: Life After Death?! [Re: elaine2554]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Loc: America
Had a damn good Thanksgiving dinner with my extended family and girlfriend: turkey, mashed potatoes, corn chowder, apple pie.

And then tonight watched Evil Dead with the girlfriend while eating some awesome pizza and drinking Moxie. smile

I love the little things.

#483416 - 12/01/12 02:11 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
LightAngel Offline

The Godfather Collection - (The Godfather - The Godfather II - The Godfather III)

#483628 - 12/06/12 04:44 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

I just bought Hellraiser 1 & 2 in Blue Ray edition. The Hellraiser 1 disc is complete with interviews from some of the actors. Doug Bradley has some things to say about his Pinhead guise. And Clive Barker talks about some of the "behind the scenes" details involved in the production. Additionally, the disc has some of the pre-production artwork which helped to inspire the costumes and scenes.

Hellraiser 2 Blue Ray edition is the unrated version, so I can't wait to watch this. Additionally, I was able to pick up Hellraiser 3-6 in DVD format.

The last gem that I found at the movie store was a DVD from Wes Craven which features three of his films: The Serpent and the Rainbow, The People Under the Stairs and Shocker.

Edited by Alonocus Blight (12/07/12 05:38 AM)

#483718 - 12/08/12 08:08 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Exmonk Offline

Loc: South Australia, Australia
My partner and I have just returned home from a Business Class trip to the US, where we purchased a mountain of clothes and my BIG indulgence was a Mont Blanc 'Johannes Brahms' special edition pen. I've always wanted a Mont Blanc, and now I have one simple for the pure pleasure of it!

#483741 - 12/09/12 01:26 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: $lesk]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

It's done. smile

#483742 - 12/09/12 03:06 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I just upgraded my smartphone to a Galaxy S3. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

#483752 - 12/09/12 08:23 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: CWH]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Congrats on the phone upgrade, CWH. I just upgraded to the iPhone 5.

#484028 - 12/16/12 09:05 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Alonocus Blight]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Congrats on the phone upgrade, CWH. I just upgraded to the iPhone 5.

I checked out the iPhone 5, I liked it, but I went with the Galaxy because the screen is bigger. I like to watch videos and Netflix on my phone.

#484030 - 12/16/12 10:06 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Sounds great, good for you!

www.vampiretemple.com

#484038 - 12/17/12 10:51 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
elaine2554 Offline

Birthday was last week. I allowed my husband to plan a nice surprise for me, which ended up being my mother coming to visit from Canada, and buying me tons of gifts and things for my new apartment. Wonderful week.

HS

#484958 - 01/09/13 11:32 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Sierra555 Offline

Loc: Mississippi, United States
Removed by Moderator. Poster may PM me for the reason.

Edited by Quaark (01/11/13 10:33 AM)

#484979 - 01/10/13 11:17 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Apollyon9 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
My last material enjoyment was i purchased a replica of Anikan Skywalkers lightsaber to use as my sword in my Greater Magic workings. Its awesome and makes for a more emotional response. HAIL SATAN!

#484980 - 01/10/13 11:23 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
T_Nergal Offline

Last material enjoyment was my mother buying me Ensiferum's latest album - Unsung Heroes.

#484996 - 01/10/13 04:36 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: T_Nergal]
Viper Slate Offline

Loc: NSW, Australia
My latest material enjoyment has to be when I put the most beautiful jazz guitar (an Ibanez AGR73T) on laybuy. Even though it is not currently in my possession, I know that it is set aside just for me and it will soon be mine! All mine I tells ya! Mine! Bwahahahaha! But seriously, it is a beautiful instrument even to look at and it sounds absolutely wonderful.

Hail Satan!

Unlock and open the doors,
(Be the Healer or the Faker),
The Keys are in your hands,
(Realize you are your own sole creator),
Of your own Master Plan!
-- Dimmu Borgir "Gateways".

#485091 - 01/12/13 11:49 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Viper Slate]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

My latest material enjoyment is something that I have been working on for over a year now. After I had seen the beautiful work involved in Hellraiser Monopoly, a custom board game which Brian Sharpe only produced 13 copies, I had to have one for myself. After searching and searching with little or no leads, I finally decided to make my own. I ran into a used copy of Make-your-own-OPOLY at 2nd and Charles. I paid around $15.00 for this game in which it gives the buyer the chance to make his or her own custom Monopoly game from the ground up! I had previously been "eye balling" this product on Amazon and eBay for quite some time. Long story short, I have finally printed and glued the last graphic, printed the rules and I am ready to unveil my custom, one-of-a-kind HELLRAISER-OPOLY!

#485115 - 01/13/13 01:14 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
TheAbysmal Offline

Stocked up on some performance outerwear. Great time to do it when Gander Mountain have everything for 40-50% off. Some of the deals were better than the pro deal prices.

Also, got myself a Rogue Bar and Bumper Plates for my home gym, yet in the making.

Refuse to die.

#485141 - 01/14/13 12:47 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Alonocus Blight]
Ghorth Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Warcelona
That's more than cool. Will have to think about constructing one myself!!!

H.S.!

Ghorth

All I hail, hail me back.

#485166 - 01/15/13 06:57 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Ghorth]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Gnorth, thanks for the kudos. They are appreciated. Have you checked out "A Dangerous Meeting" podcast in iTunes? We are planning to play HELLRAISER-OPOLY for the February episode. And don't forget to give a rating and write a review if you subscribe!

Hail Satan!

#485169 - 01/15/13 08:51 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Alonocus Blight]
Ghorth Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Warcelona
No, I haven't but will for sure check it out immediately. I'll let you know if I subscribe and, of course, write a review about it.

H.S.!

All I hail, hail me back.

#485280 - 01/17/13 07:00 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Ghorth]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Thanks Ghorth!

Hail Ghorth!

Hail Satan!

#485342 - 01/19/13 12:43 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Just saw this at Walmart for only $19.99 and couldn't resist picking it up. It features the episodes: Asylum of the Daleks, Dinosaurs On A Spaceship, A Town Called Mercy, The Power of Three, and The Angels Take Manhattan.

Attachments
Dr. Who, Dalek Asylum.jpg

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#485359 - 01/19/13 12:19 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: T_Nergal]
elaine2554 Offline

Originally Posted By: T_Nergal
Last material enjoyment was my mother buying me Ensiferum's latest album - Unsung Heroes.

I love that band. Saw them in September. They have such a wicked stage presence.
Was a bit sad that they didn't play Treacherous Gods, but the whole show was amazing.

#485445 - 01/22/13 01:23 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
JSBlack Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: South Wales
The Three Doctor’s Collector’s Set. This is a set of three 5 inch action figures from the classic ‘Doctor Who’ story ‘The Three Doctors.’ The sight of them gives me pleasure it really is as simple as that. I even like the smell of them.

#485505 - 01/23/13 09:51 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Dax9]
NornIrnbloke Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Nice one!

Your post has sent me down nostalgia lane and I've started re-watching from Series 5 again. I like Matt Smith's portrial of the the Doctor. He brings a fresh spin and I'm enjoying to continuing thread through each of the series.

Enjoy your purchase and thanks for sending a little inspiration my way!

HS!

#485774 - 01/29/13 09:18 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: NornIrnbloke]
SATANSAVES Offline

Removed by Moderator.

Edited by Quaark (01/29/13 09:39 PM)

#485796 - 01/30/13 12:31 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: SATANSAVES]
Garm Offline

Ticket to Louis C.K. show in Oslo. Front and center devilchili

Very surprised the ticket only cost about 90US. Really looking forward to finally see him on stage. Been waiting for this for a very long time.

Edited by Garm (01/30/13 12:47 PM)

#485877 - 02/01/13 08:23 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: $lesk]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: $lesk
It's done. smile

Nice...

#485878 - 02/01/13 08:44 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
LightAngel Offline

My husband gave me this book recently as a gift, and it's so very good!

#485897 - 02/01/13 04:54 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
JSBlack Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: South Wales
Mod note.

Idiotic thing to be posting in this section.
You know better.
Would have done this privately, but your PM box is full.

Edited by Quaark (02/01/13 05:00 PM)

#486493 - 02/14/13 05:50 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Emilio Largo Offline
CoS Member

I bought this comic, a collection of reprints, sight unseen, a shot in the dark, and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it!

#486494 - 02/14/13 06:13 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Emilio Largo]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Loc: America
Oh I do love old horror comics. Got this collection for Christmas a couple years back: http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-shop...4.html?vmcchk=1

Recently I had the material enjoyment of a Ben & Jerry's Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream Sundae: vanilla icecream, caramel, peanuts, and whipped cream.

#486498 - 02/14/13 09:27 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Labyrinthine]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Ice cream is my favorite food group. jack

This is a Christmas gift from my sister, framed print, not sure of the artist, swear I could stare at it for hours:

Lil' Red is a story/dichotomy woven into my personal mythology: Sometimes I'm the girl, sometimes I'm the wolf.

#486842 - 02/24/13 01:30 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Shade]
LightAngel Offline

When I was a kid I had a T-Shirt with little red and the wolf.

This bring back memories grin

#486895 - 02/25/13 03:25 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Labyrinthine]
Garm Offline

Bought a bottle of Bowmore 15 YO Darkest. And i love it laugh

Originally Posted By: Labyrinthine
Recently I had the material enjoyment of a Ben & Jerry's Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream Sundae: vanilla icecream, caramel, peanuts, and whipped cream.

Oh how i wish they would sell it in Norway too; or Sweden (since i live close to the border). Ben & Jerry makes the best ice cream.

#487102 - 03/02/13 07:06 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

I have been looking at the different cardio machines and the home units are so shitty in build that I decided to buy a commercial elliptical unit to add to our home gym. The cost was hefty but I purchase a commercial unit that has Bluetooth, fan, sound system, heart rate monitor and all the good gizmos. I normally lift and use the elliptical every other day. If I use the elliptical more I actually start to look Ethiopian ( I have no problem losing weight).
My wife on the other hand doesn't like to lift much so here it is:

#487103 - 03/02/13 07:18 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

I had a friend stop by last night needing money for a new car BAD. He pulled out two 1938 WWII Nazi German daggars and asked if I would give him $300 for them.

After researching them (before buying) I found one goes for 6-800 and the one with a saw goes for 9-1200. Here are some pictures.

(note, I located the same year with whole pommel pieces for the one with the broken end raising the price substantially).

G][img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/anbproductions/IMG_0359_zps818fe405.jpg[/img]

If you are a collector, these ARE for sale. I will probably have them professionally cleaned up then list them on a military collector site if no satanists want them.

Edited by StabAvery (03/02/13 07:21 PM)

#487111 - 03/02/13 09:54 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: StabAvery]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Well at least now I know where you get your name from.

Those are a couple of very sexy daggers.

Do you know if they saw...action? Pun not intended. wink
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#487122 - 03/03/13 08:49 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Poetaster]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

They look like they were "carried" at least. the leather is worn in spots as to suggest they were not just wall hangings. I have done my research and they are authentic.

My name comes from the fact I am a tattoo artist. Although I do have a large collection of knives, daggers, and swords.

#487204 - 03/05/13 06:43 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: StabAvery]
LightAngel Offline

I had a friend stop by last night needing money for a new car BAD. He pulled out two 1938 WWII Nazi German daggars and asked if I would give him $300 for them.

After researching them (before buying) I found one goes for 6-800 and the one with a saw goes for 9-1200. Here are some pictures.

(note, I located the same year with whole pommel pieces for the one with the broken end raising the price substantially).

G][img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/anbproductions/IMG_0359_zps818fe405.jpg[/img]

If you are a collector, these ARE for sale. I will probably have them professionally cleaned up then list them on a military collector site if no satanists want them.

Don't sell them easy, wait until you get the best price.

I know my husband will love these daggers, but we have very tight weapon rules in Denmark now.

(My husband isn't a Nazi or anything like that, he just like daggers, and japanese swords and stuff like that) - I just needed to mention this to prevent misunderstandings!

#487205 - 03/05/13 07:46 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Thank you, for the advise LightAngel. I have already had a few offers on them but they are worth quite a bit of money. I bought them to sell as an investment so I will heed your warning on this one. smile

#487209 - 03/05/13 05:01 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: StabAvery]
NornIrnbloke Offline

In the condition they are in, if you don't get at least Ł300 for them you are being robbed!

If you got them cleaned up, even just Silvit on the metal and bulling the scabbard you should at least expect Ł700. If you get them proffessionally cleaned like you are thinking I'd say a lot more.

I've attended a lot of Militaria fairs in my time and for instance a 1917 pattern SMLE Sword bayonet can fetch up to Ł200 in even manky condition (common issue to British and Australian troops) So your little beauties which I'd say would be a lot rarer should fetch a nice price.

Keep us all up to tabs on how you get along :-)

#487304 - 03/08/13 08:47 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: StabAvery]
LightAngel Offline

Thank you, for the advise LightAngel. I have already had a few offers on them but they are worth quite a bit of money. I bought them to sell as an investment so I will heed your warning on this one. smile

You are welcome smile

#487487 - 03/13/13 03:06 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Gemini Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I brought a leather vest.
Just a plain one with silver clip dome buttons.
I had one years ago but it was stolen at a party.
This one will stay with me and grow old in "style"

Edited by Gemini (03/14/13 03:42 AM)

#487509 - 03/13/13 05:26 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Gemini]
NornIrnbloke Offline

Originally Posted By: Gemini
This one will stay with me and grow old in style

Fair play to you, I've managed the gorwing old part, have yet to get the hang of this 'style' thing! lol

Well I've recently purchased a slow cooker. I've spent this week throwing random ingredients together and seeing what it turns out like when I get home from work. Tomorrows cullinary delight is Chestnut Mushrooms, with Celery, Carrot and Bacon. Spiced with Chilli and Garlic. I'll let you know if it turns out to be remotely edible :-)

#487524 - 03/14/13 03:41 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: NornIrnbloke]
Gemini Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Originally Posted By: NornIrnbloke
Originally Posted By: Gemini
This one will stay with me and grow old in style

Fair play to you, I've managed the gorwing old part, have yet to get the hang of this 'style' thing! lol

Well I've recently purchased a slow cooker. I've spent this week throwing random ingredients together and seeing what it turns out like when I get home from work. Tomorrows cullinary delight is Chestnut Mushrooms, with Celery, Carrot and Bacon. Spiced with Chilli and Garlic. I'll let you know if it turns out to be remotely edible :-)

The meal sounds interesting.

I remember hearing a story about a rocking horse and a new toy.
The brief of it was

The new toy was shooting down the rocking horse for being old chipped and battered , while he was new and shiny.

The rocking horse replied that the difference between them both was that he was "alive" and the new toy wasn't.
He had seen new shiny toys come and go for a long time but they never came "alive"
He was "alive" because the wee boy nearly every day would ride him climb all over him etc etc, the love he had for the horse is what made him "alive"

The love i have for this simple leather vest over the years is what will give it "style"

#487570 - 03/14/13 07:09 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Gemini]
NornIrnbloke Offline

Well it was spicy! lol

I've actually a golfing bodywarmer which I hold in the same esteem. It should have been disposed of years ago but somehow it has moulded itself to me over the years. In the winter is serves as an underlayer, in the spring/summer a light jacket for the cool evenings. Over the years it's been adorned with a number of lapel badges and while they have been removed or changed my bodywarmer has remained with me.

It is the simple things that give us the most pleasure and defines our character is it not? smile

#487596 - 03/15/13 04:50 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: NornIrnbloke]
Emilio Largo Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: NornIrnbloke
It is the simple things that give us the most pleasure and defines our character is it not? smile

I think yes. Some things we just like. Analysis on a psychiatrist's couch might reveal the deep-seated reasons why, but really, who cares? We like them. That's enough. "Know thyself" is a good dictum, but "enjoy thyself" is too, and sometimes knowing what we enjoy is enough, satisfying both mottoes.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements