Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#479092 - 08/20/12 01:23 AM Where do you stand?
Lust Offline

It is a time stake for some of us when our religion/philosophy i.e. Satanism comes to question either by those who have parental, business or spousal dominance over us (should we allow them to know). For the most part I am eager to sit back and watch the sheep bounce off each other but how far do we let them get away with it? I mean, if it hurts me not then fuck it - right? Or, do we call them on their own bullshit? I say that I do and I do - Click.

People, or the herd rather think that Satanism encourages the most heinous acts possible. Have they done their research - no they have not (Yet I leave you to the presumption that you know the Satanic text). Yet they wield their King James and continue the same witch hunts seen in past but with a PC approach unlike before. Do you speak out or do you let it go?

I have seen the Satanic Panic and I do not see it coming again (FBI Report) HA!. The threat of political issues is far more controversial and the enemy now known as terrorism is much more an amorphous imaginary being than the actual but will you take the stand and charge the host for the enemy of nature? Most will not and that too is admirable. Or is it?

Far to long we have sat back and listened to the masses speak of what is Satanic and what is not. We know or at least those of us who do know what is and what is not Satanic. Now, do not get me wrong, I would not ask any one to put them self in harms way but when logic dictates why not make these ass-clowns understand just how stupid they are? Hell, even hit them with their own bullshit - Leviticus 8:15 Numbers 31:17-18 and even Matthew 18:7-9 and yes these are pointed out by Magister Rose in his infernal manifestation known as INFERNALIA, but as he points out; most Christians are either not aware or are just so stupid they never see these texts for what they are.

Do you stand up and become the adversary or do you just let it slide? Do you get a stiff one when you can make others understand or is it of little concern? When you can make a so called Christian understand that Exodus tells them that they are "not to suffer a Witch to live" yet their ten commands instructs murder is a sin, or, have you had that pleasure? Will you or will you let it slide? The Satanic Age is now and I have reaped it's rewards but not once have I ever turned my back on the destruction of Holier than Holy. What if, if I may ask, is your stance?

Just try not to be so serious. eek
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#479118 - 08/20/12 08:51 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Wolfe
Unregistered

I don't really have to deal with Xians, but I think they are unable to understand the world from a Satanic point of view. No point in discussing Satanism with these people. They can believe what they want as long as they don't try to force it on me. If they do get bossy, of course we should tear them down.

Of course, it would be a mistake to assume that all Xians are uneducated rednecks. Many of them are highly educated and successful in life, ready to discuss their beliefs, and I respect that. Some of them I've talked to, myself holding an athiestic point of view, seem to have very "well-prepared" answers, meaning that the answers seem a bit rehearsed. But if we can discuss religion and be open-minded to each others' stance and not try to change each other, then that's fine.

A good resource some of you may know is Evil Bible.com (http://www.evilbible.com/). A lot of good essays there, some serious, some funny (check out the "Retard of the Month" section). Also, check out the video "The Empty Cross: Why Jesus Never Existed." You can see it on Youtube. Finally, there's the classic "Marjoe," the documentary about the 4-year-old preacher who grew up to expose the tricks behind evangelism. Sadly, not much has changed since that movie was made.

#479125 - 08/20/12 10:31 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Not to sound like a broken record, but the answer to this one starts off the same way as many answers with Satanic perspectives do: It depends upon the situation.

As with most things, it is a cost/benefit judgement you'd have to make for each situation.

I've had my brush with religious fanatics. By default, if you are a religious fanatic, you aren't a logical thinker and pointing out the logical flaws in their religious texts will get you nowhere. I highly doubt that pointing out to such a person that Leviticus instructs them not to shave or eat shellfish is going to cause them to pause (provided, of course, they do shave and/or eat shellfish). Someone of that "caliber" isn't going to set down their "God Hates Fags" sign and consider the logic you have brought to the table. "Wait a minute...this book says thou shalt not kill...but then says an eye for an eye...what have I been doing with my life!?" This is assuming, of course, that they are willing to listen to you in the first place, which is a huge assumption. It is highly a waste of time, I think, and I've got much better things to do with mine than enter such arenas that go nowhere. Another point to consider is that after such a person has "heard you out" and rebuttled, no matter how weak their defense is, they will be walking away that day seeing themselves as a champion. You were sent by the devil himself to question and tempt them, and they looked you in the eye and held to their faith. You haven't caused a fault in their infrastructure, but in their minds, only made them more righteous. Why give them such satisfaction? I think the best way to handle such a person is to be exactly what they hope you won't be: boring. They are looking for a response, and the bigger the better, whether it be in support of them or against. It's what they crave and why they do it.

Now, on the other hand, there are some people who are on the fence, whether they know it or not. If the person isn't fanatical about their beliefs, discussing it with them could indeed get them thinking. But rather than pointing out all the flaws of their religious doctrine, I think just asking them what they believe (try to keep their answer short and to the point, as some will just keep on going into the wee hours of the night) and then asking how they came to such beliefs, you might find that they've never thought about it before. Many know what they believe, but haven't always considered why. With your help, they might start to see that realistically, they believe what they do because they were brought up in a family that believed it. Most have never read their religious text, and thus, never read it and only then said, "Yep, that sounds right to me!" If you can get THEM to stumble upon this on their own, just by asking them questions, you have already set them on the path to unravelling the rest of it.

I've shown this to a few past friends of mine before. In just polite conversation, they started to see that they haven't even read their religious text (and that I actually knew it better than they did) and the root of their belief wasn't even their choice. They believed it because for years growing up, they were told to. They realized that as they had never read their text, they had never considered what it had to say and only then decide if they believed it or not. (It can be interesting with the right person to also show them the logic of how geographically dependent their beliefs are at this point. That if they had been born in India to a Hindu family, their belief system would likely be Hindu for the same reasons it is Christian here in the U.S., or if born in Iran, it would be Islam, etc.)

When and if you can get someone to see such things, I think only then are they ready to take a closer look at what their religious text actually says. That's when you can point out the contradictions, the flaws in logic, the lack of compassion that exists in what they think is a peaceful religion. They will be much more likely to hear what you have to say and consider it with fresh eyes.

The atheist and magician Penn Jillette has said (and I'm sure others before him have said it as well) the quickest way for someone (Christian) to become an atheist is to read the Bible. There's a lot of truth to that, but I think the person has to be ready to read it from the right perspective, that being, "Do I really believe this stuff or not?"

So, rather than take a stance, I opt for one of the two courses of action described above. If it's a waste of my time with a fanatic, I choose to be the silent, more evolved. Even IF I could get such a person to see the error of his/her ways, why do they deserve such a gift from me in the first place. I'm happier to let them rot their life away with their insane choices. If the person in question, though, is someone who has earned some care and consideration from me, I might engage them to think about why they believe what they do, and if they even know fully what it is they claim to believe. Have they read their Bible, or just taken other peoples' word for what it has to say?

To wrap it up for those curious, as mentioned, I have gone that second route with three different past friends. Of the three, two of them did some soul searching, but not very much of it, and still walked away feeling that the parts of the Bible that they did know and agree with were the important parts, and they are still Christians today. (I don't talk to them much nowadays, but for other reasons.) The third thought about it for a good year, and was proud to call me up one day and report to me that he was an atheist. He's still quite the devout, practicing atheist today. We keep in touch and are still good friends.

Edited by Mason_Rust (08/20/12 01:32 PM)

#479131 - 08/20/12 11:54 AM Re: Time to Start Kicking Ass [Re: Lust]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Back when I used to get out more when I would discuss the topic, I would only let the bullshit go so far.

I have always and will always defend Satanism against any kind of slander. I am also happy to clear up misconceptions when one has an opened mind.

That said, I am pretty much a homebody these days unless I am working or otherwise have to keep appointments ( I went out to a grocery store the other day...first time in months! devilchili )

The company that I keep are either family or long time friends who all know what I am. So I do not have as much opportunity to defend Satanism as I did say fifteen years ago.

Strangely enough, my defense of Satanism at that time, has led me to a very open comfortable area in my life with those who I choose to associate with.

I would add though, that Dr. Lavey left an excellent blueprint which I always followed in The Devil's Notebook: Time to Start Kicking Ass (hence the title of my post on this subject).

There are also some wonderful strategies in Magistra Barton's The Church of Satan in the Satanism in Theory and Practice section. I think it is very good that this book is being re released and would recommend it to all who have not read it.

Edited by de_Lioncourt (08/20/12 12:03 PM)
Edit Reason: *I almost forgot....magnificent interview Warlock Tier Instinct :)

#479137 - 08/20/12 02:03 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
As some of my past posts in the forum have shown I am quick to stand up and call BULLSHIT! to the herd, especially where my kids are concerned. The herd can revel in their insanity all they want to within the confines of their own homes and churches, but the moment they attempt to proselytize to me or my kids they are met with a swift and stern rebuttal. Typically it only takes one time and they learn this is not somewhere they want to go with me.

I am not one to bite my tongue, and I am certainly not known to be meek I am proud to be a Satanist. While this has made many individuals very standoffish, others are intrigued. They see that I am an active, productive member of society who is successful and actively involved in my kids lives. They see how their kids envy mine academically, athletically, and in their home life. The very few individuals and parents I choose to associate with on a regular basis know and respect me, so it really is not an issue in my day to day life.

Still in the area of the world where I live, it is difficult to get away from the constant barrage of religious assumptions and bullshit. Blatant stupidity in the form of bulk e-mailed prayer requests for husbands who have eaten themselves into morbid obesity and are now in the critical care unit on a respirator Let me get this straight you want me to pray to a deity that allowed your husband to become unhealthy from his own compulsion and free will to somehow magically make him better? Your prayers over the past two decades for him have seemed to have little effect, so why would they work now?

With this level of ignorance I wonder do these people pray for their computers when they have malware?

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#479142 - 08/20/12 04:53 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Bet'phage Offline

Loc: Ohio
In my role as a religion teacher, I have approached this in different ways that correspond to my own personal stages of psychological development.

There was a time when I delighted to point out to people in my class, in church, some of these verses you've alluded to - to specifically point out their unreasonable nature...things I myself could not "swallow."

More often than not, those Christians sitting in my class held the very same opinions: "Yeah, how could God command thus-and-so?!" At least some of them were willing to consider the illogical nature of such commands, but not to the point where they disowned their "faith." The social pressures they allow to influence them are just too strong.

However, lately I've adopted the stance that the world's spiritual religions have been created to make and keep slaves, and, in general, to keep those slaves at bay - heads down, mouths shut, eyes closed, hands busy with menial crap.

So, my role, as I see it now, is to teach them their own faith, and let them be the slaves they are willing to be. Hell, I might even take a paycheck for doing it.

As far as those who take a militant view toward Satanism, that I've personally come in contact with, I correct their mistaken views about the philosophy, all in the interest (so I tell them) of them not setting up straw-men to attack; after all, I tell them, they ought to at least know the truth about who they're so against.

I don't like misrepresentation concerning any philosophy/religion. So I like to correct them if I can. And if they still want to be militant against it, at least they'll know what the hell they're talking about.

Edited by Bet'phage (08/20/12 09:20 PM)

http://www.vampiretemple.com/whatis.html

#479143 - 08/20/12 05:41 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
FetishFatale Offline

Loc: East Texas
I've had plenty of verbal sparring with fanatics over the years. Actually, i'm in a pretty rough situation with that as my sister is married to a youth pastor and I have to hear constantly about how i'm a "sinner" for my views on many things. Right now, she's on my ass about my actively supporting marriage equality. I live in a state that is the epitome of bible belt values. It turns my stomach sometimes to witness the blatant stupidity of the sheep blindly following the prescribed religious crap down here. I fear for my son and the troubles he is going to face as the open minded individual my husband and I are trying to raise him to be.

I recently watched an episode of 20/20 where the topic was exploring the teaching of sex education in different places. I was really surprised when the next town over in our small town corner of the state was one of the ones featured. The other was a town up in Maryland. Up there, they are teaching a comprehensive sex education class. This included pregnancy and disease prevention, the correct usage of condoms, etc. Guess what they're teaching down here? ABSTINENCE education, including the handing out of "purity" rings and pledges stating that one will "wait until married" to honor God. Oh, and by the way TEXAS has the third highest teen pregnancy rate in the nation. Gee, I wonder why. It's crap like this that makes me furious.

The mind numbing stupidity and blindness to reason and logic makes me want to emulate the professor on Futurama. "I don't want to live on this planet anymore...."

Edited by FetishFatale (08/20/12 05:42 PM)

#479144 - 08/20/12 05:50 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: FetishFatale]
Lust Offline

Be comfortable, there are a few Magister's that reside in the great state of Texas. Also, Sir King Diamond resides there. Your frustration is understood but what do you do about it? It sounds to me like your doing a great thing by raising your child with an open mind. I have resided in Houston, Orange, Ft. Worth, and Port Arthur TX so I understand how hard it can be to speak out there but by living a vital life and letting the sheep witness that in it self is the most Satanic role one can undertake.

My hat is off to you. Keep it up, my friend.

HS!
coopdevil
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#479145 - 08/20/12 06:02 PM Re: Time to Start Kicking Ass [Re: de_Lioncourt]
Lust Offline

Many thanks, my friend.

Seclusion is an admirable trait and is one that I take often but there are just to many times to speak out when out and about. The disease of religion is a soft spoken word on the lips of many who find them self a fundamentalist. Many have spoken true words here but those who are tolerant must understand that those who are not are those who shoot up movie theaters or worse! The dead horse known as Christianity must be allowed to die but many want to keep on beating it. Why? Better yet, why not expose the horror show for what it is?

It is about time for the Christian panic as far as I am concerned. The old rugged cross is a far more threat than professionals making music for stupid teens. I say the games begin but I have already ushered in the V.A.S.C.A.!

#479146 - 08/20/12 06:05 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Mason_Rust]
Lust Offline

I could quote you many times, my friend but allow me simply to say this.

WISE WORDS!

HS!
coopdevil

#479149 - 08/20/12 07:13 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Electric Wizard Offline

I think its the ultimate satanic principle of self preservation. If we do not act against our foes, and challenge their philosophy, we will lose our rights moreso over time.

This generation is destroyed by things such as texting, facebook, etc. Nobody cares to act for themselves anymore, and in the long run it feeds the greater corporate demon that seeks to nullify our ability to think and act independently of the herd. There is nothing satanic about the materialism of being a halfassed individual.

#479150 - 08/20/12 07:31 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Electric Wizard]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Electric Wizard
There is nothing satanic about the materialism of being a halfassed individual.

I disagree but understand your enthusiasm, MR. Wizard.

#479163 - 08/20/12 10:29 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Zsche]
Lust Offline

I have enjoyed your response and I commend you as well.

I doubt that they would pray for their computers but I would bet without it that they would prey on others.

HS!
coopdevil

#479164 - 08/20/12 10:34 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: ]
Lust Offline

I would go as far to say that anyone who can subscribe to make believe things is in fact insane. Lock up most of the worlds population is not in fact a reality so understand just who is running the asylum. Educated Christians simply sounds absurd to me.

Remember that MR. Hitler was in fact a Christian. wink

#479167 - 08/20/12 10:52 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Bet'phage]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Bet'phage
However, lately I've adopted the stance that the world's spiritual religions have been created to make and keep slaves, and, in general, to keep those slaves at bay - heads down, mouths shut, eyes closed, hands busy with menial crap.

A brilliant example of the political treatise by, Niccol Machiavelli known as The Prince. Keep up the good work. cool

HS!
coopdevil

#479170 - 08/20/12 11:12 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I keep my audience and my interests in mind at all times.

On the Anonymous Internet, as they say, no one knows you're a dog, so I can afford to be blunt, direct, and thorough when offering information about Satanism.

On online areas where I represent myself, I intentionally keep the content of my postings and comments fairly broad and diverse, so that when I educate folks (subtly! sneakily!) about Satanism, it's (ideally) taken as Just Another Strange and Wacky Topic Weird Ol' Troj Knows Things About.

IRL, I gauge who I'm talking to, and adjust accordingly. Some of the people I know would not be able to tolerate a full-blown lecture on Satanism, and would readily (and let's face it, rightly) conclude that I must *be* a Satanist, if I'm saying such nice things about them. So, in those cases, I start by debunking the "little" lies and myths related to the Satanic Panic, and I increase the temperature, so to speak, very gradually, if at all.

I also won't hesitate to hide behind the "I know some Satanists" card, and this can also provide me with some leeway in various situations.

Though, to be honest, on a daily basis, I deal with more situations where I have to vouch for LGBTQ folks, and debunk myths about them. Second place: Doing my best to correct glaring misconceptions about both Conservatives and Liberals. Third place: Sticking up for atheists. (And, again, I consider my audience, as well as my priorities.)

The times when I have to or get to talk about Satanism these days are relatively few and far between, sadly enough.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#479172 - 08/20/12 11:43 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: TrojZyr]
Lust Offline

I enjoyed your response and I even had a bit of a chuckle, I thank you for that, Witch TrojZyr.

Most will never understand a lecture on Satanism and sadly enough they do not understand their own religion in most cases. Know your enemy and all of that.

Always a pleasure. wink

HS!
coopdevil

#479184 - 08/21/12 03:12 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Nufan Offline

I loved listening to that interview.

As for your question, I guess it all depends on what one is trying to accomplish. Standing, or hiding in the shadows. Sometimes I can't understand why people don't see things in the same way, and it makes me want them to see what I do, but I am not sure what I would be accomplishing by always being entirely going against the flow. Sometimes you have to go along to get along, but I do understand your view point, and share it at certain times.

Making someone understand me, gives me pleasure, and stupidity annoys me, so making someone understand can do both, when it does not cause me harm.

I don't need to personally argue Satanism most of the time, and just argue the points and ideas, and that can be effective enough for most of the time. I haven't really had to recently defend my entire view point, and I don't mind being in the shadows. Maybe sometime, when I can feel safe, and established enough to say what I want I will be able to be more open, but I don't feel the need to "convert" anyone, and aside from me knowing I am right and people seeing I am right, or seeing a way in which I am wrong in certain respects, I am not sure I have any reason to argue.

I do sometimes wish there was a war to get rid of feeble-minded people, but I don't see that as happening any time soon. I am not sure of a way it would be possible, at this point in time and from my point of view, without violating the teachings in the Satanic Bible. I am hesitant to be a martyr, or soldier in that way when I can live freely how I am.

I do have a question however: If it was illegal to practice Satanism, would you identify with it openly? (Note: I did not say would be still be a Satanist, as Satanism is pretty much a naturally occurring thing)

Edited by Nufan (08/21/12 03:13 AM)

#479185 - 08/21/12 03:31 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
Where I live everyone comes to me. I rarely go out unless I need grocery's or something and most people who come my way are clients. People who seek out a guy covered in devil tattoos and want to pay him to carve a design into their body rarely (if ever) would bring up religion. The Mormon's and Jehovah's witnesses walk around my house. And I have tattooed most of the surrounding population.

I have had the local ministers bring their daughters for their belly rings because even if they don't approve of it, they are having Avery do it so at least it's clean!

My Grandfather is a minister and has run his own church for 30+ years. He doesn't even bother me with questions nor does he ever offer me christian advice to sway my opinions.

I have had more arguments about the existence of ghosts with people than I have about christianity in the past decade.

I have been to a few party's where some drunk religious person might be offended enough to say something about "when I meet god" but it's normally over my tattoos.

I'm actually given a lot of respect by people in the community. I do like to volunteer with my son's class and go on field trips with them (kindergarten) but the moms and teachers are so impressed to see a dad show so much interest in his kids development that the fact that we do not believe in god means little to nothing to them. I have raised my boys that this is the only life and there is no god but they know why other people think there is, I simply tell them the truth.

I think you did a wonderful job with your interview. The only questions they could throw at you were statements about blind faith that even they kind of back peddled on. Did they give you any follow up questions after the show? I think they expected you to be full of crazy shit and you slowly deflated their balloon. Good job, Sir!!

#479215 - 08/21/12 11:40 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: StabAvery]
Lust Offline

I thank you and would say that you are dead on.

HS!
coopdevil

#479216 - 08/21/12 11:45 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Nufan]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Nufan
I do have a question however: If it was illegal to practice Satanism, would you identify with it openly? (Note: I did not say would be still be a Satanist, as Satanism is pretty much a naturally occurring thing)

Hmm, because I was born a Satanist that would make me a criminal in that situation but because of Lesser Magic I doubt that anyone would ever know. Because we are not in old times we can live openly but again LM is always key. I find martyrs disgusting and that is not at all what I suggest.

Glad you enjoyed the interview.

HS!
coopdevil

#479220 - 08/21/12 12:16 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Well...if you take seriously the imagery of Satan, you will see that the title is used in a legal sense; that is, Satan is the one who calls things into question. He plays a needed adversarial role. The title of Satan makes no sense if all he does is stand around, afraid to rock the boat.

Yes, Satanists set themselves up to be their own gods. No, Satanism does not require martyrdom. But I question whether one is missing the mark if they see Satanism as being a personalized religion with no social responsibilities. There are many ways to oppose ignorance and hypocrisy. None of them need bring up the word "Satanism". In fact, I think it is more effective to point these things out without any reference a personal stance. Some things are just wack because they are wack.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#479222 - 08/21/12 01:01 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Lust Offline

Well...if you take seriously the imagery of Satan, you will see that the title is used in a legal sense; that is, Satan is the one who calls things into question. He plays a needed adversarial role. The title of Satan makes no sense if all he does is stand around, afraid to rock the boat.

Yes, Satanists set themselves up to be their own gods. No, Satanism does not require martyrdom. But I question whether one is missing the mark if they see Satanism as being a personalized religion with no social responsibilities. There are many ways to oppose ignorance and hypocrisy. None of them need bring up the word "Satanism". In fact, I think it is more effective to point these things out without any reference a personal stance. Some things are just wack because they are wack.

Agreed 100%

HS!
coopdevil

#479224 - 08/21/12 01:19 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Personally, I don't bother. When one truly believe in things that are not real, one abrogates reason. There is no point in trying to reason with people like that. When one asks, I answer. If one wishes to debate, I will-to a point. They will believe exactly what they want to, so there is no point in trying to persuade them otherwise. Let them have their fantasy. But if they come looking for a (legal) fight, I'll meet them in the proverbial schoolyard at 3:00.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#479230 - 08/21/12 02:18 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Nufan Offline

Personally, I have and do fulfill my social responsibilities, as in having been/am public servant. Although, this doesn't necessarily mean one does try to fulfill social responsibilities, it does in my case. I do question things, which in most cases is enough to rock the boat, because it makes people actually think. It seems almost what you would be saying is make sure one doesn't just perform lip service, and hide in their basement. Actually try and be the fly in the ointment.

#479231 - 08/21/12 02:20 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Nufan]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
It seems almost what you would be saying is make sure one doesn't just perform lip service, and hide in their basement. Actually try and be the fly in the ointment.

That's it...yes.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#479246 - 08/21/12 05:34 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Nowadays when I find out someone's a Christian then I just stay away from them. From bad experiences I realized that they are all the fuckin' same.

If you ain't down with Jesus then sooner or later they're gonna start shit with you because they just LOVE getting off on religious debates.

They never use logic in their arguments and it's pointless to even have a discussion with them, let alone about religion. Kind of think of it, probably most discussions I had with Xtians ended up being religious and they were the ones that brought up the subject.

It's a waste of energy and I simply don't have the time or patience to deal with them. Thank god I run my own business and I don't have to talk to anyone. (unless through email.)

Besides, Christianity is dying anyway and I hope to be still alive to attend the funeral! coopdevil

#479247 - 08/21/12 05:52 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Callier]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Callier
Besides, Christianity is dying anyway and I hope to be still alive to attend the funeral!

I suspect we will, my friend. I suspect we will.

HS!
coopdevil

#479248 - 08/21/12 05:54 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Lust Offline

Well said, Citizen Jonesy. Well said!

HS!
coopdevil

#479289 - 08/22/12 12:22 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Callier]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Quote:
Besides, Christianity is dying anyway and I hope to be still alive to attend the funeral!

Amen brother!

#479302 - 08/22/12 02:09 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
TheMerryRose Offline

Loc: the City Of Sin.
I consider it a great indulgence when I have the opportunity to discuss satanic philosphy with intelligent and open minded individuals. Thats why i'm here now! Beyond that it's really a matter of cost vs potential gain. The truth is, I have only so many resources at my disposal and whatever I spend doing one thing is going to cost me somewhere else. BTW, nice video!

Well, when we go around saying things like, I particapate in all affairs that those without consider evil, (or something to tha effect) I can see why some might question us. So as I stated before, I make a value jugement. If some knucklehead won't take the time or energy to understand there own religion, I tend to dout they will be very willing to invest themselves in understanding mine.

While I don't see a new "satanic panic" starting here in the US., I think a new one could very easly be started overseas. Like in parts of africa or the middle east for example.

I am very tempted to not care what the bible thumpers think. The herd, when spooked however can be quite dangerous. As far as using christan bible quotes go, I have no quams about using the tools of my enemy for the benafit of those I care about.

On a personal note I get a big kick out of twisting or changing them. For example "For who is like unto the beast and who can make love with her!?!" coopdevil

As to the last part, I would rather discuss it in the P.M.s If it's alright with you. confused

#479303 - 08/22/12 02:24 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: TheMerryRose]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

I don't try to spend much of my time in the upstairs forum, but I have to ask, what is it that makes you think that a satanic panic might break out in Africa or the middle east?

you stated:
Quote:
While I don't see a new "satanic panic" starting here in the US., I think a new one could very easly be started overseas. Like in parts of africa or the middle east for example.
Do you not think these places have dealt with their own devil worship of sorts? Or are you saying that as they become Americanized they will go through their own "panic" because traditional christianity is used to convert them to a trade-able standard?

I realize it may be easier to spook the villagers, but quite honestly, you are lucky they don't eat your ass. They have known the devil way longer than you have.

And it is called a cost/benefit analysis, and any well oiled plan has one...

Edited by StabAvery (08/22/12 02:29 AM)

#479363 - 08/22/12 04:36 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Thank you, sir. I have found that my life is far less stressful (and consequencely more enjoyable) when I don't expose myself to the stupidity of the sheeple. Whenever I see an athiest trying to debate with a JIC, I just look away and in the voice of the puppet Walter, I hear in my head, "Dumbass!"
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#479364 - 08/22/12 04:41 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
why not make these ass-clowns understand just how stupid they are?

Oh good luck with this. I see that deep in your heart you are very altruistic. smile If you love debating with Christian fundies and pointing out their knowledge gaps why not take a step further and set up some sort of a charity school for the retarded Christians? Who knows if there were some interesting courses even I could join. grin

Seriously, you may consider yourself wiser than a fool who lives next door to you but his opinion is as sacred as yours, because this is democracy. He might be thoroughly insane but his views are respected by the authorities and appreciated by the society. And as there is a big number of idiots their voice is louder.

You mentioned Satanic Panic. It is something beyond my understanding. There is a number of fanatics in Poland too, they can be irritating, but badmouthing your parents, filing lawsuits against them...no, even they would not do something like this. And even if they did this, they would be probably treated like one of my acquaintances.

I once knew a young lady. She went on vacations with her friends. One evening, when they were sitting around the fire roasting sausages and drinking beer suddenly an idea crossed her mind. Her friends are really strange. What if they belong to the Sect? She already knew that the Cult is very powerful and nearly all the world belongs to it. When they all went to sleep she was all the time thinking about this, she wanted to call her parents, but no, they are in the sect too. The police is corrupted too. So she decided to run away.

She walked about twenty kilometres, then as she was exhausted she lay down at the door of the nearest house and fell asleep. After some time the police arrived asking her what is going on. She answered that the devilish cult is chasing her. They asked her to go with them but she replied that they also belong to the Sect and told them to f*ck off.

They rode away and came back with doctors and nurses. They tied her up, gave her an injection and took her to the hospital. She stayed there nearly two months tied to her bed, given painful injections, because she refused to take pills. When she finally broke down and agreed to take her meds they made her so weak that she walked on all fours. She came back home totally broken and convinced that the Sect has won. And she told me after a few months: You know Ann, they are invincible. I tried but it is no use fighting them.

Trying to convince a madman that he is mad is like talking to the wall. The so called Satanic Ritual Abuse is mostly American phenomenon, correct me if I'm wrong. Well, if this girl went nuts in the USA she would probably made a nice career. She could even make some money publishing books and taking part in TV shows. The police would do their investigation and instead of locking her up they would look for the boogeymen she was talking about. It is only my humble opinion but I think that it shows how feeble American democracy is. The freaks who ruin their own lives and their families should be locked in mental asylums. And perhaps there would not be so many idiots if stupidity did not pay off.

Edited by anna (08/22/12 04:46 PM)

#479365 - 08/22/12 04:45 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Lust Offline

Hmmm, yes exposing for the sake of attention is stupid. When asked I will deliver and destroy. This tired horse must be put down (in my opinion) and I will aid when put to the test. I see people like (first mentined but now deceased) Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins and even George Carlin (also deceased) as brave men who made the sheeple think! I say fuck oppressive religions although I have learned how to be a bit tolerant.

To call these brave Men a dumbass is like throwing a radio into the bathtub but that is only my opinion.

#479373 - 08/22/12 05:14 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: anna]
Lust Offline

Anna, this is my last ever response to you.

Altruism is in fact a myth and because you are deluded (in my opinion) you may not get that.

You are a Christian who continues to post on a Satanic site (site's). You are tolerated by our esteemed host but that does not mean that you are welcomed by me. We have had our debates but I will leave you with this. Continue to enjoy your death cult but know that the why you do not understand is because you have no understanding. Satanism is anathema to to you as am I.

I have not stepped on your posts and I ask that you keep your filthy hooves off mine. You are never welcome in my circle and your Nazi religion certainly shares the same.

Adios!

#479388 - 08/22/12 09:15 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: anna]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: anna
I once knew a young lady. She went on vacations with her friends. One evening, when they were sitting around the fire roasting sausages and drinking beer suddenly an idea crossed her mind. Her friends are really strange. What if they belong to the Sect? She already knew that the Cult is very powerful and nearly all the world belongs to it. When they all went to sleep she was all the time thinking about this, she wanted to call her parents, but no, they are in the sect too. The police is corrupted too. So she decided to run away.

She walked about twenty kilometres, then as she was exhausted she lay down at the door of the nearest house and fell asleep. After some time the police arrived asking her what is going on. She answered that the devilish cult is chasing her. They asked her to go with them but she replied that they also belong to the Sect and told them to f*ck off.

They rode away and came back with doctors and nurses. They tied her up, gave her an injection and took her to the hospital. She stayed there nearly two months tied to her bed, given painful injections, because she refused to take pills. When she finally broke down and agreed to take her meds they made her so weak that she walked on all fours. She came back home totally broken and convinced that the Sect has won. And she told me after a few months: You know Ann, they are invincible. I tried but it is no use fighting them.

Ah, Persecutory Delusions--spiffy!

And, you've managed to highlight one of the most maddening, bizarre, and dangerous aspects of the Satanic Panic, which was that the conspiracy was made big enough to encompass everything and everyone. Subsequently, anyone or anything that attempted to burst the bubble, so to speak, was assumed to be part of the Satanic Conspiracy.

If reality itself dared to contradict the story, then, well, reality was assumed to be in on the plot, too.

Delusional types are very hard (if not impossible) to reason with, and you absolutely shouldn't challenge their delusions directly. When I encounter people who are batshit crazy, I endeavor to steer clear of them, or, barring that, any and all topics connected to their delusion(s).

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#479401 - 08/23/12 12:08 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Nufan Offline

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct

Altruism is in fact a myth and because you are deluded (in my opinion) you may not get that.

You are a Christian who continues to post on a Satanic site (site's). You are tolerated by our esteemed host but that does not mean that you are welcomed by me. We have had our debates but I will leave you with this. Continue to enjoy your death cult but know that the why you do not understand is because you have no understanding. Satanism is anathema to to you as am I.

I have not stepped on your posts and I ask that you keep your filthy hooves off mine. You are never welcome in my circle and your Nazi religion certainly shares the same.

Adios!

I had to laugh at this. I side with you Instinct, as to what seemed to be an insult, although thinly veiled, if at all. I am not sure why there are any personal attacks here on you, as far as I can see the post was not directed in any way to demeaning anna, prior to this.

For altruism, I think some people try to be altruistic. But pure altruism is extremely hard to find. I cannot say for sure it is impossible.

As for anna, no this is not just an American phenomenon. I lived in Germany, and they had the talk shows, the "Satanists", the trying to scare people with something they didn't understand so they made up an ideology for them. Or they used people who claimed a name.

This is a human thing, to persecute and attack things we don't understand or which don't fit into our ideals. Although, it is a perfectly evolved part of human nature, for survival. Only through logical, and more evolved thoughts can we see others differences and still try and tolerate them. Sometimes we shouldn't sometimes we should, but the ability to do this is what makes one morally sound.

I am not sure you have ever even visited the US. Most people would not have given her one bit of attention, or let alone put her into a hospital. If she had made it into a hospital, she would have either been lost into that life, gotten better, or lost as another crazy person.

For one, Jerry Springer is not real, neither are half the talk shows you might see in Poland. It is almost entirely dramatized for entertainment, but tried to be passed off as real.

Another thing is, America is not a democracy. We are a Federalist Republic. "People should be locked into mental institutions for ruining their own lives and their families"..? I am not sure how this relates to anything. Some people are crazy, some people cannot honestly help it. It is like telling a child to be an adult when they don't have that capability. Or asking you to fly, by flapping your arms. It is not realistically happening.

As for what happens to these people, sometimes, they can live normal lives after help, sometimes not. I am not sure I can lay blame on someone who has no cognition of what the hell is going on. Actively stupid, choosing to be stupid, yes they get what they deserve. Stupid due to a malady, or genetics. I am not sure I personally can lay blame, although they may have caused harm.

It is as pointless to me as yelling at an apple that fell onto my head from a tree. The apple has no clue.

#479404 - 08/23/12 12:35 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Nufan]
Lust Offline

I had to laugh at this. I side with you Instinct, as to what seemed to be an insult, although thinly veiled, if at all. I am not sure why there are any personal attacks here on you, as far as I can see the post was not directed in any way to demeaning anna, prior to this.

Explain?

#479443 - 08/23/12 04:06 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Originally Posted By: Tier

I doubt it. wink

Quote:

But you want to question the fools and show them their stupidity. That means that you want to actually educate them. You did not mention that you are going to charge money for this. If you educate people for free it is charity.

Your "students" will not listen to you. If they wanted to learn something they would do their own research. In my country, there are people who listen to only one Catholic radio, read only one newspaper, watch only one TV channel and read books from only one Catholic bookstore. All other sources of information they boycott because they consider them dangerous.

Quote:
Satanism is anathema to to you as am I.

Oh no. How could you say something like this? I like you, honestly, I do. Xoxoxo
Seriously, I do not hate you. Why should I? I do not get even one penny for this so why should I bother?

Most people would not have given her one bit of attention, or let alone put her into a hospital. If she had made it into a hospital, she would have either been lost into that life, gotten better, or lost as another crazy person.

Perhaps, now yes. But she got crazy in the 90s. Her delusions resembled a lot those of SRA "victims". And they got a lot of attention from the journalists and the police.

Quote:
Another thing is, America is not a democracy. We are a Federalist Republic. "People should be locked into mental institutions for ruining their own lives and their families"..? I am not sure how this relates to anything. Some people are crazy, some people cannot honestly help it. It is like telling a child to be an adult when they don't have that capability. Or asking you to fly, by flapping your arms. It is not realistically happening.

Poland is a republic too. But is is also a democracy in a sense. As for the patients in mental asylums they are there to be cured. Sometimes, there is no cure for them, but they must be watched over so that they do not hurt themselves.

#479454 - 08/23/12 07:23 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
TheAbysmal Offline

I'm rather open about my affinity for Satanism and my affiliations. I do not go out of my way to advertise it, though I do not really make much effort to hide it, either.

For starters, my job requires that I be open about things such as this, essentially "hide nothing", or I could very well risk losing my security clearance that my job requires me to have. Anything hidden is a potential bribery; hence, security risk. So, it goes on any security/job application I fill out, and essentially, nearly everyone finds out quickly. Revealing it has proven not damaging at all, though. In fact, if nothing else, my work ethic, my quality of work, and my otherwise unassuming presence probably lends Satanism much more credence to my work associates whom might otherwise have thought much differently about it. Sure I've had some coworkers occasionally crack a good situational joke about Satanism or Vampires in my presence--I'm a member of the ToV--but it's lighthearted, and despite what they might think of it, they know when the chips are down that "the Satanist" or "the Vampire" is the one that gets the job done without failure.

When I have friends over my place, my somewhat large library winds up being a topic of interest before long. "Do you mind if I look through your books?" "Of course not. Go right ahead." It can be amusing sometimes to see the different reactions if and when they come across the Satanic literature. Almost no one asks, "What is this?" Sometimes they'll hover over it a bit, interested. Other times, they'll pass right by it as quickly as they can, and give it glances out of the corner of their eye as they've moved on to other books. Just about all of them claim Christianity in one form or another. It doesn't seem to bother them, at least not enough that we don't still hang out.

The one that gets them unsettled the most, actually, is the Penis Exercise book that I have. LOL.

Well, none of them get to it right away--and I'm even at a loss if my Satanic literature or my affiliations are at the back of their mind when they do--but my friends do bring up religious discussions around me.

Some of them profess to really believe in the Bible, as I once did, and as I once did, reveal that they really struggle to do so. I don't even have to argue with them. They already see it themselves, and all the speech and hand waving is a telltale sign of their desperation, of knowing that they're essentially trying to ignore that inner voice that's telling them, "This is wrong, and you know it."

Others still seem to have finally grasped that conclusion, and instead liken the Bible to a collection of stories that may or may not be useful, like one might do with Aesop's Fables. They'll say, "I'm Christian", and really, I think that's just the best popular label they can muster for what they're really doing. I even respect it. Call it Christianity or whatever, but if they're using the useful parts in the Bible and disregarding the dumb parts, whatever they call it, they're using their brain. Maybe they'll only ever get limited success if all they stick to is the Bible and Christian literature.

And, yes, still others truly do believe it all, in spite of the glaring errors and conflicting ideals presented. Resistant to any kind of learning, I think they're even dangerous and best kept at a distance. At best, one risks looking like the idiot trying to argue with such an idiot.

Basically, I just listen to them when they occasionally go "churchy" on me, and I'm amazed at what they sometimes reveal. I'm also amazed--though perhaps I should not be--that none of them have ever bashed me or Satanism. Or, if they have, I certainly haven't found out about it.

It tells me that many of them, if not open to the idea of wearing the label "Satanist"--which takes a degree of bravery, I think--are at least much closer to being a Satanist than a Christian, or whatever they may call themselves. Some of them just might never get over the hurtle of admitting it.

So, I have a sort of varied stance.

I see no reason to bash Christianity or debate it with others, to point out its many flaws, or to offer Satanism as a great alternative. For a lot of them, I think they can already see it, and it's just a matter of them coming to terms with that truth... Or living their lie. Also, I think bashing Christianity or whatever label others might adopt could have an opposite than desired effect, putting others on the defensive and causing them to cling to and defend their position ever more vehemently.

I think it's eminently useful, however, to have those who are open about their affiliation with or affinity for Satanism who--most importantly--live a life so well enriched and enjoyed that others wonder what the hell their secret is.

I know I can sometimes come off like a bit of a sycophant, but I find myself forever impressed with many here. For instance, I recall reading here where Reverend Drake Bamboozle mentioned that he paid for his home in cash. One either wants or--I think it crazy--does not want to have that kind of mastery in his or her life, whatever faith they may profess.

That's ultimately the kind of example of Satanism that helped me "choose" Satanism when I first came here a "Christian" about six years ago or so. The adage "Satanists are born, not made" comes to mind. It's a loaded statement, precisely true, and I think a bit elusive. I've seen it misunderstood by so many a "newbie" here, evidenced by their bashing of another newbie whom asked in an introduction so much of "How do I become a Satanist?"

Not every Satanist knows he or she is a Satanist! smile

Yes, I'd definitely get a hard on if I were a deciding factor in someone's decision to come to the light of truth and realize he or she were, in fact, a Satanist or close to it. I simply prefer to let others figure it out for themselves than show them, unless of course, one of them approaches me to bluntly discuss it.

But, I can take a lesson from their Bible, too. smile Said Theophorus to Junius, "... For behold the Kingdom of God is within you. And which soever of the two, that is, either Heaven or Hell is manifested in it, in that the Soul standeth. ..." Anyone willing to live in a venerable hell they've made for themselves are quite liable to pull me into it by my helping hand. Fuck that! smile Anyone wanting to join me in my Heaven's gonna have to do the hard work to get there with me themselves. And, if they want to cling to their Hell and bash my Heaven, I'm not gonna try to reason or argue with them.

Hope that wasn't too serious!

Refuse to die.

#479457 - 08/23/12 08:03 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: TheAbysmal]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: TheAbysmal
Yes, I'd definitely get a hard on if I were a deciding factor in someone's decision to come to the light of truth and realize he or she were, in fact, a Satanist or close to it. I simply prefer to let others figure it out for themselves than show them, unless of course, one of them approaches me to bluntly discuss it.

Not that serious at all.

Originally Posted By: -Herbert Spencer
The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools,

#479460 - 08/23/12 08:22 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
TheAbysmal Offline

Well, now I'm reading some Herbert Spencer. smile Nice quote.

Refuse to die.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements