Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#479302 - 08/22/12 02:09 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
TheMerryRose Offline

Loc: the City Of Sin.
I consider it a great indulgence when I have the opportunity to discuss satanic philosphy with intelligent and open minded individuals. Thats why i'm here now! Beyond that it's really a matter of cost vs potential gain. The truth is, I have only so many resources at my disposal and whatever I spend doing one thing is going to cost me somewhere else. BTW, nice video!

Well, when we go around saying things like, I particapate in all affairs that those without consider evil, (or something to tha effect) I can see why some might question us. So as I stated before, I make a value jugement. If some knucklehead won't take the time or energy to understand there own religion, I tend to dout they will be very willing to invest themselves in understanding mine.

While I don't see a new "satanic panic" starting here in the US., I think a new one could very easly be started overseas. Like in parts of africa or the middle east for example.

I am very tempted to not care what the bible thumpers think. The herd, when spooked however can be quite dangerous. As far as using christan bible quotes go, I have no quams about using the tools of my enemy for the benafit of those I care about.

On a personal note I get a big kick out of twisting or changing them. For example "For who is like unto the beast and who can make love with her!?!" coopdevil

As to the last part, I would rather discuss it in the P.M.s If it's alright with you. confused

#479303 - 08/22/12 02:24 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: TheMerryRose]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
I don't try to spend much of my time in the upstairs forum, but I have to ask, what is it that makes you think that a satanic panic might break out in Africa or the middle east?

you stated:
Quote:
While I don't see a new "satanic panic" starting here in the US., I think a new one could very easly be started overseas. Like in parts of africa or the middle east for example.
Do you not think these places have dealt with their own devil worship of sorts? Or are you saying that as they become Americanized they will go through their own "panic" because traditional christianity is used to convert them to a trade-able standard?

I realize it may be easier to spook the villagers, but quite honestly, you are lucky they don't eat your ass. They have known the devil way longer than you have.

And it is called a cost/benefit analysis, and any well oiled plan has one...

Edited by StabAvery (08/22/12 02:29 AM)

#479363 - 08/22/12 04:36 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Thank you, sir. I have found that my life is far less stressful (and consequencely more enjoyable) when I don't expose myself to the stupidity of the sheeple. Whenever I see an athiest trying to debate with a JIC, I just look away and in the voice of the puppet Walter, I hear in my head, "Dumbass!"
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#479364 - 08/22/12 04:41 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
why not make these ass-clowns understand just how stupid they are?

Oh good luck with this. I see that deep in your heart you are very altruistic. smile If you love debating with Christian fundies and pointing out their knowledge gaps why not take a step further and set up some sort of a charity school for the retarded Christians? Who knows if there were some interesting courses even I could join. grin

Seriously, you may consider yourself wiser than a fool who lives next door to you but his opinion is as sacred as yours, because this is democracy. He might be thoroughly insane but his views are respected by the authorities and appreciated by the society. And as there is a big number of idiots their voice is louder.

You mentioned Satanic Panic. It is something beyond my understanding. There is a number of fanatics in Poland too, they can be irritating, but badmouthing your parents, filing lawsuits against them...no, even they would not do something like this. And even if they did this, they would be probably treated like one of my acquaintances.

I once knew a young lady. She went on vacations with her friends. One evening, when they were sitting around the fire roasting sausages and drinking beer suddenly an idea crossed her mind. Her friends are really strange. What if they belong to the Sect? She already knew that the Cult is very powerful and nearly all the world belongs to it. When they all went to sleep she was all the time thinking about this, she wanted to call her parents, but no, they are in the sect too. The police is corrupted too. So she decided to run away.

She walked about twenty kilometres, then as she was exhausted she lay down at the door of the nearest house and fell asleep. After some time the police arrived asking her what is going on. She answered that the devilish cult is chasing her. They asked her to go with them but she replied that they also belong to the Sect and told them to f*ck off.

They rode away and came back with doctors and nurses. They tied her up, gave her an injection and took her to the hospital. She stayed there nearly two months tied to her bed, given painful injections, because she refused to take pills. When she finally broke down and agreed to take her meds they made her so weak that she walked on all fours. She came back home totally broken and convinced that the Sect has won. And she told me after a few months: You know Ann, they are invincible. I tried but it is no use fighting them.

Trying to convince a madman that he is mad is like talking to the wall. The so called Satanic Ritual Abuse is mostly American phenomenon, correct me if I'm wrong. Well, if this girl went nuts in the USA she would probably made a nice career. She could even make some money publishing books and taking part in TV shows. The police would do their investigation and instead of locking her up they would look for the boogeymen she was talking about. It is only my humble opinion but I think that it shows how feeble American democracy is. The freaks who ruin their own lives and their families should be locked in mental asylums. And perhaps there would not be so many idiots if stupidity did not pay off.

Edited by anna (08/22/12 04:46 PM)

#479365 - 08/22/12 04:45 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Lust Offline

Hmmm, yes exposing for the sake of attention is stupid. When asked I will deliver and destroy. This tired horse must be put down (in my opinion) and I will aid when put to the test. I see people like (first mentined but now deceased) Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins and even George Carlin (also deceased) as brave men who made the sheeple think! I say fuck oppressive religions although I have learned how to be a bit tolerant.

To call these brave Men a dumbass is like throwing a radio into the bathtub but that is only my opinion.
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#479373 - 08/22/12 05:14 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: anna]
Lust Offline

Anna, this is my last ever response to you.

Altruism is in fact a myth and because you are deluded (in my opinion) you may not get that.

You are a Christian who continues to post on a Satanic site (site's). You are tolerated by our esteemed host but that does not mean that you are welcomed by me. We have had our debates but I will leave you with this. Continue to enjoy your death cult but know that the why you do not understand is because you have no understanding. Satanism is anathema to to you as am I.

I have not stepped on your posts and I ask that you keep your filthy hooves off mine. You are never welcome in my circle and your Nazi religion certainly shares the same.

Adios!
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż

#479388 - 08/22/12 09:15 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: anna]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: anna
I once knew a young lady. She went on vacations with her friends. One evening, when they were sitting around the fire roasting sausages and drinking beer suddenly an idea crossed her mind. Her friends are really strange. What if they belong to the Sect? She already knew that the Cult is very powerful and nearly all the world belongs to it. When they all went to sleep she was all the time thinking about this, she wanted to call her parents, but no, they are in the sect too. The police is corrupted too. So she decided to run away.

She walked about twenty kilometres, then as she was exhausted she lay down at the door of the nearest house and fell asleep. After some time the police arrived asking her what is going on. She answered that the devilish cult is chasing her. They asked her to go with them but she replied that they also belong to the Sect and told them to f*ck off.

They rode away and came back with doctors and nurses. They tied her up, gave her an injection and took her to the hospital. She stayed there nearly two months tied to her bed, given painful injections, because she refused to take pills. When she finally broke down and agreed to take her meds they made her so weak that she walked on all fours. She came back home totally broken and convinced that the Sect has won. And she told me after a few months: You know Ann, they are invincible. I tried but it is no use fighting them.

Ah, Persecutory Delusions--spiffy!

And, you've managed to highlight one of the most maddening, bizarre, and dangerous aspects of the Satanic Panic, which was that the conspiracy was made big enough to encompass everything and everyone. Subsequently, anyone or anything that attempted to burst the bubble, so to speak, was assumed to be part of the Satanic Conspiracy.

If reality itself dared to contradict the story, then, well, reality was assumed to be in on the plot, too.

Delusional types are very hard (if not impossible) to reason with, and you absolutely shouldn't challenge their delusions directly. When I encounter people who are batshit crazy, I endeavor to steer clear of them, or, barring that, any and all topics connected to their delusion(s).

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#479401 - 08/23/12 12:08 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
Nufan Offline

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct

Altruism is in fact a myth and because you are deluded (in my opinion) you may not get that.

You are a Christian who continues to post on a Satanic site (site's). You are tolerated by our esteemed host but that does not mean that you are welcomed by me. We have had our debates but I will leave you with this. Continue to enjoy your death cult but know that the why you do not understand is because you have no understanding. Satanism is anathema to to you as am I.

I have not stepped on your posts and I ask that you keep your filthy hooves off mine. You are never welcome in my circle and your Nazi religion certainly shares the same.

Adios!

I had to laugh at this. I side with you Instinct, as to what seemed to be an insult, although thinly veiled, if at all. I am not sure why there are any personal attacks here on you, as far as I can see the post was not directed in any way to demeaning anna, prior to this.

For altruism, I think some people try to be altruistic. But pure altruism is extremely hard to find. I cannot say for sure it is impossible.

As for anna, no this is not just an American phenomenon. I lived in Germany, and they had the talk shows, the "Satanists", the trying to scare people with something they didn't understand so they made up an ideology for them. Or they used people who claimed a name.

This is a human thing, to persecute and attack things we don't understand or which don't fit into our ideals. Although, it is a perfectly evolved part of human nature, for survival. Only through logical, and more evolved thoughts can we see others differences and still try and tolerate them. Sometimes we shouldn't sometimes we should, but the ability to do this is what makes one morally sound.

I am not sure you have ever even visited the US. Most people would not have given her one bit of attention, or let alone put her into a hospital. If she had made it into a hospital, she would have either been lost into that life, gotten better, or lost as another crazy person.

For one, Jerry Springer is not real, neither are half the talk shows you might see in Poland. It is almost entirely dramatized for entertainment, but tried to be passed off as real.

Another thing is, America is not a democracy. We are a Federalist Republic. "People should be locked into mental institutions for ruining their own lives and their families"..? I am not sure how this relates to anything. Some people are crazy, some people cannot honestly help it. It is like telling a child to be an adult when they don't have that capability. Or asking you to fly, by flapping your arms. It is not realistically happening.

As for what happens to these people, sometimes, they can live normal lives after help, sometimes not. I am not sure I can lay blame on someone who has no cognition of what the hell is going on. Actively stupid, choosing to be stupid, yes they get what they deserve. Stupid due to a malady, or genetics. I am not sure I personally can lay blame, although they may have caused harm.

It is as pointless to me as yelling at an apple that fell onto my head from a tree. The apple has no clue.

#479404 - 08/23/12 12:35 AM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Nufan]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Nufan
I had to laugh at this. I side with you Instinct, as to what seemed to be an insult, although thinly veiled, if at all. I am not sure why there are any personal attacks here on you, as far as I can see the post was not directed in any way to demeaning anna, prior to this.

Explain?

#479443 - 08/23/12 04:06 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Originally Posted By: Tier

I doubt it. wink

Quote:

But you want to question the fools and show them their stupidity. That means that you want to actually educate them. You did not mention that you are going to charge money for this. If you educate people for free it is charity.

Your "students" will not listen to you. If they wanted to learn something they would do their own research. In my country, there are people who listen to only one Catholic radio, read only one newspaper, watch only one TV channel and read books from only one Catholic bookstore. All other sources of information they boycott because they consider them dangerous.

Quote:
Satanism is anathema to to you as am I.

Oh no. How could you say something like this? I like you, honestly, I do. Xoxoxo
Seriously, I do not hate you. Why should I? I do not get even one penny for this so why should I bother?

Originally Posted By: Nufan
Most people would not have given her one bit of attention, or let alone put her into a hospital. If she had made it into a hospital, she would have either been lost into that life, gotten better, or lost as another crazy person.

Perhaps, now yes. But she got crazy in the 90s. Her delusions resembled a lot those of SRA "victims". And they got a lot of attention from the journalists and the police.

Quote:
Another thing is, America is not a democracy. We are a Federalist Republic. "People should be locked into mental institutions for ruining their own lives and their families"..? I am not sure how this relates to anything. Some people are crazy, some people cannot honestly help it. It is like telling a child to be an adult when they don't have that capability. Or asking you to fly, by flapping your arms. It is not realistically happening.

Poland is a republic too. But is is also a democracy in a sense. As for the patients in mental asylums they are there to be cured. Sometimes, there is no cure for them, but they must be watched over so that they do not hurt themselves.

#479454 - 08/23/12 07:23 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
TheAbysmal Offline

I'm rather open about my affinity for Satanism and my affiliations. I do not go out of my way to advertise it, though I do not really make much effort to hide it, either.

For starters, my job requires that I be open about things such as this, essentially "hide nothing", or I could very well risk losing my security clearance that my job requires me to have. Anything hidden is a potential bribery; hence, security risk. So, it goes on any security/job application I fill out, and essentially, nearly everyone finds out quickly. Revealing it has proven not damaging at all, though. In fact, if nothing else, my work ethic, my quality of work, and my otherwise unassuming presence probably lends Satanism much more credence to my work associates whom might otherwise have thought much differently about it. Sure I've had some coworkers occasionally crack a good situational joke about Satanism or Vampires in my presence--I'm a member of the ToV--but it's lighthearted, and despite what they might think of it, they know when the chips are down that "the Satanist" or "the Vampire" is the one that gets the job done without failure.

When I have friends over my place, my somewhat large library winds up being a topic of interest before long. "Do you mind if I look through your books?" "Of course not. Go right ahead." It can be amusing sometimes to see the different reactions if and when they come across the Satanic literature. Almost no one asks, "What is this?" Sometimes they'll hover over it a bit, interested. Other times, they'll pass right by it as quickly as they can, and give it glances out of the corner of their eye as they've moved on to other books. Just about all of them claim Christianity in one form or another. It doesn't seem to bother them, at least not enough that we don't still hang out.

The one that gets them unsettled the most, actually, is the Penis Exercise book that I have. LOL.

Well, none of them get to it right away--and I'm even at a loss if my Satanic literature or my affiliations are at the back of their mind when they do--but my friends do bring up religious discussions around me.

Some of them profess to really believe in the Bible, as I once did, and as I once did, reveal that they really struggle to do so. I don't even have to argue with them. They already see it themselves, and all the speech and hand waving is a telltale sign of their desperation, of knowing that they're essentially trying to ignore that inner voice that's telling them, "This is wrong, and you know it."

Others still seem to have finally grasped that conclusion, and instead liken the Bible to a collection of stories that may or may not be useful, like one might do with Aesop's Fables. They'll say, "I'm Christian", and really, I think that's just the best popular label they can muster for what they're really doing. I even respect it. Call it Christianity or whatever, but if they're using the useful parts in the Bible and disregarding the dumb parts, whatever they call it, they're using their brain. Maybe they'll only ever get limited success if all they stick to is the Bible and Christian literature.

And, yes, still others truly do believe it all, in spite of the glaring errors and conflicting ideals presented. Resistant to any kind of learning, I think they're even dangerous and best kept at a distance. At best, one risks looking like the idiot trying to argue with such an idiot.

Basically, I just listen to them when they occasionally go "churchy" on me, and I'm amazed at what they sometimes reveal. I'm also amazed--though perhaps I should not be--that none of them have ever bashed me or Satanism. Or, if they have, I certainly haven't found out about it.

It tells me that many of them, if not open to the idea of wearing the label "Satanist"--which takes a degree of bravery, I think--are at least much closer to being a Satanist than a Christian, or whatever they may call themselves. Some of them just might never get over the hurtle of admitting it.

So, I have a sort of varied stance.

I see no reason to bash Christianity or debate it with others, to point out its many flaws, or to offer Satanism as a great alternative. For a lot of them, I think they can already see it, and it's just a matter of them coming to terms with that truth... Or living their lie. Also, I think bashing Christianity or whatever label others might adopt could have an opposite than desired effect, putting others on the defensive and causing them to cling to and defend their position ever more vehemently.

I think it's eminently useful, however, to have those who are open about their affiliation with or affinity for Satanism who--most importantly--live a life so well enriched and enjoyed that others wonder what the hell their secret is.

I know I can sometimes come off like a bit of a sycophant, but I find myself forever impressed with many here. For instance, I recall reading here where Reverend Drake Bamboozle mentioned that he paid for his home in cash. One either wants or--I think it crazy--does not want to have that kind of mastery in his or her life, whatever faith they may profess.

That's ultimately the kind of example of Satanism that helped me "choose" Satanism when I first came here a "Christian" about six years ago or so. The adage "Satanists are born, not made" comes to mind. It's a loaded statement, precisely true, and I think a bit elusive. I've seen it misunderstood by so many a "newbie" here, evidenced by their bashing of another newbie whom asked in an introduction so much of "How do I become a Satanist?"

Not every Satanist knows he or she is a Satanist! smile

Yes, I'd definitely get a hard on if I were a deciding factor in someone's decision to come to the light of truth and realize he or she were, in fact, a Satanist or close to it. I simply prefer to let others figure it out for themselves than show them, unless of course, one of them approaches me to bluntly discuss it.

But, I can take a lesson from their Bible, too. smile Said Theophorus to Junius, "... For behold the Kingdom of God is within you. And which soever of the two, that is, either Heaven or Hell is manifested in it, in that the Soul standeth. ..." Anyone willing to live in a venerable hell they've made for themselves are quite liable to pull me into it by my helping hand. Fuck that! smile Anyone wanting to join me in my Heaven's gonna have to do the hard work to get there with me themselves. And, if they want to cling to their Hell and bash my Heaven, I'm not gonna try to reason or argue with them.

Hope that wasn't too serious!

Refuse to die.

#479457 - 08/23/12 08:03 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: TheAbysmal]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: TheAbysmal
Yes, I'd definitely get a hard on if I were a deciding factor in someone's decision to come to the light of truth and realize he or she were, in fact, a Satanist or close to it. I simply prefer to let others figure it out for themselves than show them, unless of course, one of them approaches me to bluntly discuss it.

Not that serious at all.

Originally Posted By: -Herbert Spencer
The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools,

#479460 - 08/23/12 08:22 PM Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Lust]
TheAbysmal Offline

Well, now I'm reading some Herbert Spencer. smile Nice quote.

Refuse to die.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements