Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#479739 - 08/29/12 06:37 PM what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people
christrip77 Offline

i was wondering if i found myself liveing to be 270 year's of age what would be the first problem i would encounter with the average idiot that expects to live only 70 year's and then die

i would think some village idiot would try and kill

even if you lived to be 170

you would still encounter a few problems with local idiot's

are there any book's in publish that address these issues basicly how to live among people when your going to live a couple hundred years longer than other's

Edited by christrip77 (08/29/12 06:45 PM)

#479772 - 08/30/12 06:07 AM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: christrip77]
Bet'phage Offline

Loc: Ohio
I will relate to the people around me in the future (how ever long that future is) as I do right now. I will enjoy life in the future just as I enjoy it now (probably more so).

http://www.vampiretemple.com/whatis.html

#479774 - 08/30/12 06:11 AM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: christrip77]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Financially invest even more than I already do.

#479780 - 08/30/12 04:58 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: christrip77]
303vegas Offline

Loc: Lancashire, UK
i think i'll keep on complaining about my knees - they give me enough gyp already so i can't imagine them getting any better. actually, being english whingeing will always be high on the agenda so no change there. otherwise it's a case of making the most of it. there's little one can do to effect world events but you'd definitely be in a position to make good comparisons between then and now. i think it'd be fascinating.

#479782 - 08/30/12 05:14 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: christrip77]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Dominate everything.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#479785 - 08/30/12 05:38 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage pe [Re: christrip77]
ryanleman Offline
Banned

LOL look out for village idiots and also body deterioration would have to be specified. That would be the difference of me being famous thus getting rich and doing crazy shit like sky gliding or staying in a hospital bed trying to get up and walk around.

#479789 - 08/30/12 06:27 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: Insurgent]
Stilts Offline

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: Insurgent
Dominate everything.

I was going to say "rule the not-so-free world!", but I like your response better!

"If I had a dime for every time a homeless man asked me for change... I'd still say 'no'."
- Bo Burnham

#479795 - 08/31/12 12:42 AM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: christrip77]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Think of how someone born in the year 1742 would feel if he or she was still living now.

For that matter, why stop at 270 years? Why not much longer? Why not forever ?

Hail Satan! coopdevil

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#479828 - 08/31/12 04:44 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: christrip77]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: christrip77
i was wondering if i found myself liveing [sic] to be 270 year's [sic] of age what would be the first problem i would encounter with the average idiot that expects to live only 70 year's [sic] and then die

I suspect I'd have problems with literacy. With spelling and grammar skills all constantly declining, I may reach the age where I'm no longer able to comprehend any of the people living around me.

Never mind the problem of being pulled over for a speeding ticket, and having to explain to the cop that I really am 184 years old like my drivers' license says.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#479829 - 08/31/12 04:51 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: Dax9]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Dax9

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#479831 - 08/31/12 05:05 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Dax9

It would be nice to know how does 270 year old brains work and fix themselves. We only have limited quantity of brain cells so what will happen before the quantity is lower than the amount you need to your basic functions. I mean you have to be able to grow new cells or your brains start to degenerate quite soon. Brain cells do not and can not reproduce. Therefore, some brain cells can be damaged or die, but they stick with you your whole lives.

I don┤t know what would be the effects of gravity and entropy to 300 years old brains. But it would sure be nice to see!

Gravity:

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia

Gravitation, or gravity, is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract each other with a force proportional to their masses. Gravitation is most familiar as the agent that gives weight to objects with mass and causes them to fall to the ground when dropped. Gravitation causes dispersed matter to coalesce, and coalesced matter to remain intact, thus accounting for the existence of the Earth, the Sun, and most of the macroscopic objects in the universe.

Entropy:

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia

Entropy is the thermodynamic property toward equilibrium/average/homogenization/dissipation: hotter, more dynamic areas of a system lose heat/energy while cooler areas (e.g., space) get warmer / gain energy; molecules of a solvent or gas tend to evenly distribute; material objects wear out; organisms die; the universe is cooling down. Entropy, like time, runs in one direction only (it is not a reversible process). One can measure the entropy of a system to determine the energy not available for work in a thermodynamic process, such as energy conversion, engines, or machines. Such processes and devices can only be driven by convertible energy, and have a theoretical maximum efficiency when converting energy to work. During this work, entropy accumulates in the system, which then dissipates in the form of waste heat.

So basically the gravitation push your brains constantly towards the earth and takes care of gravitation which keeps you blocked to earth, and Entropy takes care of the process where all organized constructions proceed towards disorder. After 300 hundred years your brains are quite non-functional porridge.. wink

Links to quoted articles:

[/url]

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy]

#479838 - 08/31/12 08:01 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: Janina]
Bet'phage Offline

Loc: Ohio
Nanotechnology will have come a long way by that time. Our bodies may be able to be repaired then in ways we've only dreamed about now.

http://www.vampiretemple.com/whatis.html

#479862 - 09/01/12 02:53 AM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: Bet'phage]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Bet'phage
Nanotechnology will have come a long way by that time. Our bodies may be able to be repaired then in ways we've only dreamed about now.

Assuming that we can create a new brain cells with our technology:

BRAIN CELLS

The brain and spinal cord are made up of many cells, including neurons and glial cells. Neurons are cells that send and receive electro-chemical signals to and from the brain and nervous system. There are about 100 billion neurons in the brain. There are many more glial cells; they provide support functions for the neurons, and are far more numerous than neurons.

There are many type of neurons. They vary in size from 4 microns (.004 mm) to 100 microns (.1 mm) in diameter. Their length varies from a fraction of an inch to several feet.

Neurons are nerve cells that transmit nerve signals to and from the brain at up to 200 mph. The neuron consists of a cell body (or soma) with branching dendrites (signal receivers) and a projection called an axon, which conduct the nerve signal. At the other end of the axon, the axon terminals transmit the electro-chemical signal across a synapse (the gap between the axon terminal and the receiving cell). The word "neuron" was coined by the German scientist Heinrich Wilhelm Gottfried von Waldeyer-Hartz in 1891 (he also coined the term "chromosome").

The axon, a long extension of a nerve cell, and take information away from the cell body. Bundles of axons are known as nerves or, within the CNS (central nervous system), as nerve tracts or pathways. Dendrites bring information to the cell body.

Myelin coats and insulates the axon (except for periodic breaks called nodes of Ranvier), increasing transmission speed along the axon. Myelin is manufactured by Schwann's cells, and consists of 70-80% lipids (fat) and 20-30% protein.

The cell body (soma) contains the neuron's nucleus (with DNA and typical nuclear organelles). Dendrites branch from the cell body and receive messages.

A typical neuron has about 1,000 to 10,000 synapses (that is, it communicates with 1,000-10,000 other neurons, muscle cells, glands, etc.).

DIFFERENT TYPES OF NEURONS
There are different types of neurons. They all carry electro-chemical nerve signals, but differ in structure (the number of processes, or axons, emanating from the cell body) and are found in different parts of the body.

Sensory neurons or Bipolar neurons carry messages from the body's sense receptors (eyes, ears, etc.) to the CNS. These neurons have two processes. Sensory neuron account for 0.9% of all neurons. (Examples are retinal cells, olfactory epithelium cells.)
Motoneurons or Multipolar neurons carry signals from the CNS to the muscles and glands. These neurons have many processes originating from the cell body. Motoneurons account for 9% of all neurons. (Examples are spinal motor neurons, pyramidal neurons, Purkinje cells.)
Interneurons or Pseudopolare (Spelling) cells form all the neural wiring within the CNS. These have two axons (instead of an axon and a dendrite). One axon communicates with the spinal cord; one with either the skin or muscle. These neurons have two processes. (Examples are dorsal root ganglia cells.)

LIFE SPAN OF NEURONS

Unlike most other cells, neurons cannot regrow after damage (except neurons from the hippocampus). Fortunately, there are about 100 billion neurons in the brain.

GLIAL CELLS

Glial cells make up 90 percent of the brain's cells. Glial cells are nerve cells that don't carry nerve impulses. The various glial (meaning "glue") cells perform many important functions, including: digestion of parts of dead neurons, manufacturing myelin for neurons, providing physical and nutritional support for neurons, and more. Types of glial cells include Schwann's Cells, Satellite Cells, Microglia, Oligodendroglia, and Astroglia.

Neuroglia (meaning "nerve glue") are the another type of brain cell. These cells guide neurons during fetal development.

The Brain

#479880 - 09/01/12 12:32 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: christrip77]
Lust Offline

Mirror everything that the vampire Lestat accomplished and top them all. Still, that was not real but then again nor is this proposal.

HS!
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#479885 - 09/01/12 02:52 PM Re: what would you do if lived 200 year's longer than avergage people [Re: christrip77]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

200 more years? C'mon we all know that the world is gonna end in December this year. zombie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12172 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405810 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements