Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#479959 - 09/02/12 09:59 PM Larger print books?
mercfocus Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
These paper backs I have are the smallest print i've seen in a long time. Are there any larger print editions available anywhere?

So far, Amazon and B&N seem to show only these small paper backs.

I'm not much of a book reader to begin with unless it's subjects of this nature which I'd like to find larger because at age 44, my eyes just aren't what they used to be.

It's the size of the print that causes me to put them down from time to time. I could be finished right now with my 2nd book and into my third.

#479962 - 09/03/12 12:26 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: mercfocus]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Nope. For most of our books only one version is available (in English, anyway). All I can say is maybe try a magnifier.

#479967 - 09/03/12 12:52 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
mercfocus Offline

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
Nope. For most of our books only one version is available (in English, anyway). All I can say is maybe try a magnifier.

Looks like I'm going to have to quit procrastinating my visit with that vision care doctor I talked to a couple months ago about my vision.

I was already having a little problem with blurry vision within a few inches of my eyes. He called it something that starts with a "P" but I forget what. He said it's normal for people my age.

#479969 - 09/03/12 01:36 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: mercfocus]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> because at age 44, my eyes just aren't what they used to be. <<

I am over 44. Get some glasses. zombie

#479970 - 09/03/12 02:09 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: mercfocus]
TheAbysmal Offline

You fair rather well for over 44!

Refuse to die.

#479974 - 09/03/12 02:24 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: mercfocus]
TheAbysmal Offline

It seems that the Satanic Bible and other literature is not yet available for the Amazon Kindle or the Barnes and Noble Nook.

I'd recommend notifying the publisher to release Kindle or Nook versions of the books with the links that Amazon and Barnes and Noble provide, checking back periodically. I only suggest this since these devices offer a zoom feature that might aide your reading without the need for external magnification.

In fact, I just did so myself. It would be handy to have legally obtained, electronically searchable (even zoomable) copies of certain texts, such as the Satanic Bible.

Refuse to die.

#479984 - 09/03/12 09:17 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: mercfocus]
Robert K Stock Offline

Loc: El Reno, Oklahoma
I am 53 and have a very difficult time reading the Satanic Rituals even with my glasses. I have tried to use a magnifying glass, but have found that it makes me nauseous and gives me a headache on top of the sick stomach. Having all the books available on Kindle would enable me to read without physical pain.

#479987 - 09/03/12 10:51 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: Robert K Stock]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> I am 53 and have a very difficult time reading the Satanic Rituals even with my glasses. I have tried to use a magnifying glass, but have found that it makes me nauseous and gives me a headache on top of the sick stomach. <<

The print is small. But it's not that small, you fucking pussies. Jesus Christ.
grin grin grin

#479989 - 09/03/12 11:15 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Drake_Bamboozle

The print is small. But it's not that small, you fucking pussies. Jesus Christ.
grin grin grin

The print is small but the essence of the words vast like a ocean!

#479991 - 09/03/12 11:53 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Robert K Stock Offline

At present I am copying portions so that I can print them out in larger type to make it easier on myself. And yes, the print of the Satanic Rituals IS that small. If that makes me a pussy, so be it.

#479992 - 09/03/12 12:11 PM Re: Larger print books? [Re: Robert K Stock]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Robert K Stock
At present I am copying portions so that I can print them out in larger type to make it easier on myself. And yes, the print of the Satanic Rituals IS that small. If that makes me a pussy, so be it.

So small that you keel over from nausea and roll around on the floor gripping your cramped-up stomach whilst passing out from a searing headache?

Get a grip on yourself, man.

grin

#479995 - 09/03/12 12:52 PM Re: Larger print books? [Re: Robert K Stock]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Some day, all books will be disabled-friendly as it is nowadays [in Britain] the law that all commercial premises must have disabled access.

I have multiple sclerosis and have a book-rest that holds the book in a convenient position and keeps it open at the right page.

Robert, I know nothing about the provision of disability services in the USA. If you lived in Britain, I would say that [after you had dealt with the question of spectacles], contact the Occupational Therapist [attached to the local hospital] and get a book-holder with magnifying-glass attachment.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#479996 - 09/03/12 01:01 PM Re: Larger print books? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Robert K Stock Offline

That is not what I said. Trying to read the small print with a magnifying glass makes me sick to my stomach and gives me a headache. No cramping or rolling on the floor, but definitely uncomfortable. When I first received my copy of the Satanic Rituals my first thought was, Damn! I may not be physically able to read this book due to my poor eysight.

Edited by Robert K Stock (09/03/12 01:01 PM)

#479997 - 09/03/12 01:11 PM Re: Larger print books? [Re: MagdaGraham]
Robert K Stock Offline

MagdaGraham:

Unfortunately in the USA most of us have to pay for health services out of our pockets or do without. I have worn glasses since I was four years old and my eyesight is getting progressively worse.

Since a larger print version of the Satanic Rituals is not available I am making one of my own. That will solve my problem.

#479998 - 09/03/12 01:51 PM Re: Larger print books? [Re: mercfocus]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: mercfocus
Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje

Looks like I'm going to have to quit procrastinating my visit with that vision care doctor I talked to a couple months ago about my vision.

I was already having a little problem with blurry vision within a few inches of my eyes. He called it something that starts with a "P" but I forget what. He said it's normal for people my age.

It's not unusual at age 40 to 50 to experience changes to your eyes. It just means that you need glasses, or like in my case, that you need to have your glasses adjusted. In my case it was a combination of me being less near-sighted than I used to and needing to compensate for an astigmatism.

Don't worry Ray Ban makes some nice glasses cool Bit of an investment, but well worth it and there really isn't any reason to struggle with a problem that might be fixed fairly easily.

#480028 - 09/04/12 03:17 AM Re: Larger print books? [Re: MagdaGraham]
TheMerryRose Offline

Loc: the City Of Sin.
Thank you for sharing priestess MagdaGraham! Knowing that you and others have overcome such challenges and still managed to achieve high rank within the church is very inspiring to a young aspirant like myself!

To the O.P. While I don't have my copies with me, I do seem to remember that The Satanic Witch and especally The Devils Notebook were printed in a larger font then The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Rituals. Maybe you might wish to check them out.

#480042 - 09/04/12 02:37 PM Re: Larger print books? [Re: TheMerryRose]
mercfocus Offline

Originally Posted By: TheMerryRose
Thank you for sharing priestess MagdaGraham! Knowing that you and others have overcome such challenges and still managed to achieve high rank within the church is very inspiring to a young aspirant like myself!

To the O.P. While I don't have my copies with me, I do seem to remember that The Satanic Witch and especally The Devils Notebook were printed in a larger font then The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Rituals. Maybe you might wish to check them out.

I'll most definately be getting those books too. Since I'm doing the Satanic Rituals a little piece at a time due to my eyesight, i've been reading the essays, like someone here suggested, on the main CoS website.
It's all so amazing how it lines up perfectly with what I've known for so long: Everything from "All churches should pay taxes" to the young people's communique. It all adds up to what I know is right, so reading everything else is just a matter of time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12026 Members
73 Forums
43833 Topics
405261 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements